watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry ... but hopeless

Started by MikeW, September 16, 2017, 04:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

For all the optimists on this site talking of automatic promotion might I respectfully suggest that today has been a bit of an eye opener?

I remain very unconvinced.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ChesterTheTabby

I thought we'd make 2nd potentially. Now I see top 6 as the target...we'll struggle to get into the top 6th last year.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fcfulham55

We will be lucky to be top half,  top 10 very unlikely.

Top 6 impossible.   We needed Aluko, Malone to stay. The replacements look very underwhelming. Albeit one is injuried and hasnt even kicked a ball in training.  (So stupid signing injured players)

A decent striker, like Gayle was so obvious.

Burton are relegation candidate's, I don't think we are. But not going to be suprised if we dip towards it.

Middlesbrough next. We don't stand a chance considering we seem to play against the Referee too.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

filham

Jocanovic has been with us for almost 2 years now, In that time he has produced good results in one half of a season,
This season's form is raising doubts about his ability.

aaronmcguigan

can't  put a number on it, i.e. Top 2 or top 6, the league is so unpredictable but so many teams in this league lose to teams they shouldnt.
At the same time we lost to Burton, the apparent favourites Leeds went and lost to Millwall, Derby were thrashed at Bristol, Reading haven't won since Sone arrived , Forest and Sheffield Utd had great starts and were beaten today. Comparing us to 1st we finish today no worse off.

Not saying we can't forget how abysmal today was, but in comparison to other teams in this league, this thing happens week in Week out and is forgotten the following week.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on September 16, 2017, 06:00:46 PM
Jocanovic has been with us for almost 2 years now, In that time he has produced good results in one half of a season,
This season's form is raising doubts about his ability.

The longer this goes on the more question marks it raises over how long he stays at clubs. This is his longest to date and it's slowly getting worse.

Last season was fantastic but it's the past now. Need to kick on and I'm slowly doubting that we will
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

Joks pre match interviews, the ones I can understand leave me totally unmotivated and dissalusioned.
His post match talks, the ones I can understand leave me thinking, what was all that about, and how many times have I heard this before.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 16, 2017, 06:07:10 PM
can't  put a number on it, i.e. Top 2 or top 6, the league is so unpredictable but so many teams in this league lose to teams they shouldnt.
At the same time we lost to Burton, the apparent favourites Leeds went and lost to Millwall, Derby were thrashed at Bristol, Reading haven't won since Sone arrived , Forest and Sheffield Utd had great starts and were beaten today. Comparing us to 1st we finish today no worse off.

Not saying we can't forget how abysmal today was, but in comparison to other teams in this league, this thing happens week in Week out and is forgotten the following week.

The smartest thing written on this forum today.

colinwhite

I hate losing games as much as the next man but come on people some of the stuff written here is just plain ridiculous!!!!

berba

I understand if the horse carries the person, but I do not understand if the person carries the horse. I understand if a negative thought can carry a person, but I do not understand if the person carries that negative thought. You have some negative thought, some negative feeling – throw them out, they are parasites just sucking out the juices of your body without giving you anything in return! These negative thoughts and feelings could beg you to not throw them out, but you should not listen to them – as you are throwing them out of yourselves, tell them, "Every morning I can leave a little food for you at a certain place, so that you do not starve to death, but I do not allow you to remain, live and multiply in my mind and in my heart."

hovewhite

Well done to Burton,they seemed to have more desire than we showed with the ability we have in our side,bad day at the office next game let's hope it reflects our ability with real desire and will to win.
MOM none of em.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: berba on September 16, 2017, 07:51:19 PM
  I understand if the horse carries the person, but I do not understand if the person carries the horse. I understand if a negative thought can carry a person, but I do not understand if the person carries that negative thought. You have some negative thought, some negative feeling – throw them out, they are parasites just sucking out the juices of your body without giving you anything in return! These negative thoughts and feelings could beg you to not throw them out, but you should not listen to them – as you are throwing them out of yourselves, tell them, "Every morning I can leave a little food for you at a certain place, so that you do not starve to death, but I do not allow you to remain, live and multiply in my mind and in my heart."

Blimey that is straight out of the Samaritans Code of Conduct, last updated 1742 AD.

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

I think (and said) that the whole thing seemed wrong to me from the start this season.  The farce of the pre-season with hardly any players and a load of hastily-arranged matches behind closed doors.  I don't think Aluko wasn't the greatest, but he had his strengths and the manager said he wanted him to stay plus which we don't seem to have a ready replacement. Hard to say about the transfers, but it really seems that Kamara was another player wished on the manager that he doesn't really want and an over-all feeling that all is not well in the camp.We have had a fair number of injuries and several new players to bed into the team, so I hope I am wrong and we can start to kick on as we did in the second part of last season.  Something, however, yells me we won't.

YankeeJim

Why is it that optimists look forward to every week with excitement while the negatives need only one bad result to condemn the team to near relegation? Is it fun to be a grump? Why even pay attention to football if it gives a person such pain? There's a word for those who enjoy pain.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BedsFFC

It was my misfortune to be sat in front of a couple of Statler & Waldorfs today. Everything was negative, even when we scored they made negative comments. Annoyingly they were very loud. It wasn't just negative it was also completely ignorant. Had they been younger I would have said something and politely challenged their opinions. However, they were seniors. I didn't enjoy today and it cost me just under £200

MikeW

I based my opening comment on the excellent commentary of Jim & Jaime but also on the mood of this board and, well,  my own thoughts.  We cannot be losing to the likes of todays opposition if we really harbour Prem thoughts.  Something is wrong as the team sounds it lacks motivation.  Agreed, on paper it looks pretty smart, but motivation?  An unsmiling,  grim, dour manager ..... thoughts please
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 16, 2017, 08:42:19 PM
It was my misfortune to be sat in front of a couple of Statler & Waldorfs today. Everything was negative, even when we scored they made negative comments. Annoyingly they were very loud. It wasn't just negative it was also completely ignorant. Had they been younger I would have said something and politely challenged their opinions. However, they were seniors. I didn't enjoy today and it cost me just under £200

£200 quid, bill the club if I was you, that's the least they can do is to refund you, to show you how much they appreciate your loyal support.
Because that display was not worth paying £200 I would not have thought. However, you may think it was.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on September 16, 2017, 08:58:24 PM
I based my opening comment on the excellent commentary of Jim & Jaime but also on the mood of this board and, well,  my own thoughts.  We cannot be losing to the likes of todays opposition if we really harbour Prem thoughts.  Something is wrong as the team sounds it lacks motivation.  Agreed, on paper it looks pretty smart, but motivation?  An unsmiling,  grim, dour manager ..... thoughts please
They always say wait 24 hours before commenting, as feelings are red hot, but on this occasion my feelings will not change. Good luck to little Burton and their Manager and let them enjoy the victory.
We have too many shortcomings at the moment, forget the injuries, forget the referees, we are still a soft touch. We had enough class to win today with the squad we had, but not enough appetite. That has to start with the Manager, but the players have also to take responsibility.
I am not sure they looked hurt enough, I am not sure they cared as much as they should have done after losing this fixture.
Middlesbrough will be a good test, to see how we react to this set back.
But there has to be something wrong behind the scenes, as they have hung a rat under my nose, and I have smelt it.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

As much as some fans will always try and make this between the positives who must be on some mind numbing medication. Against the pessimists. The reality is everything that some predicted has come true.

Didn't I say we needed forwards, a stronger spine etc. Said this since last January. But after the two wins we have had this season, people told me how wonderful we were. The Negatives aren't posting now they crowed. Well even I made the excuse that we had played some top sides and done ok without improving the team.

Today was the worst result so far. Burton will be there or there about for relegation this season. They managed their second win with as many shots as we had and more shots on target.

Not hopeless but not hopeful of a playoff place. For the same reasons I was last January. Was wrong then as we scraped into the play offs. Shame the club decided not to follow it up with better players for the first team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2017, 11:20:53 PM
Today was the worst result so far. Burton will be there or there about for relegation this season. They managed their second win with as many shots as we had and more shots on target.
Not hopeless but not hopeful of a playoff place. For the same reasons I was last January. Was wrong then as we scraped into the play offs. Shame the club decided not to follow it up with better players for the first team.
I hardly think we scraped into the play offs but we did look shocking today. It didnt help with Slav choosing exactly the same team that hardly overwhelmed on Wednesday having said in the press conference how he needed to rotate players due to 3 games in 8 days.
It didnt help with him not giving Kamara a chance to get some game time. It didnt help continuing to try and play down the wings on the narrowest field in the Championship with no actual striker to hit.

So I think we are in need of better rotation and better tactics, Slav is a great coach not necessarily the best tactician and Clough out gamed him today.

Having said all of the above the ref was a joke and the loss is down to him as much as our ineptitude. Roll on Boro!
Quark, strangeness and charm