https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

8 goals scored in 8 games

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 16, 2017, 05:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Like it or not we are missing aluko and malone

Lighthouse

We are missing Malone. All we did was put Sess there who is just as bad at defending as Malone. Aluko missed more chances than most but granted could create.  What we needed was to improve on those players. We haven't. We create chances but don't actually manage to put the ball on target. We are vulnerable to pressure and high balls in our area. All the things that were a problem last season. The problem is we are not as good as we were going forward.

Haven't the guile to take ordinary teams apart. Shameful that we have been unable to improve the team after last seasons success. Not just todays result but something many said before. Two shots on target. Good grief.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Shameful ..... from the owners not to invest

Mince n Tatties

Regardless what some think,Malone is the player were missing more than anyone.

Riverside

I would suggest we are missing Cairney more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuffolkWhite

Yep agree,  not enough goals going in and we can't blame the Ref or dirty  tactics by other teams. We have to man up and put ourselves about. I never thought automatic promotion but did think top 6. Hopefully we sort this in the next 4 games and see how far away we are then.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

We are missing Aluko, Malone and CAIRNEY.

Just a little hope that with a fit Cairney back and Fonte in the team we may start to score goals again.

Terrible really when all we had to do was keep last season's team intact, add a striker and a bit of midfield cover and we would have had a promotion chasing team.

Luka

Stats wise, you need to add Martin to that list.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on September 16, 2017, 05:34:15 PM
We are missing Aluko, Malone and CAIRNEY.

Just a little hope that with a fit Cairney back and Fonte in the team we may start to score goals again.

Terrible really when all we had to do was keep last season's team intact, add a striker and a bit of midfield cover and we would have had a promotion chasing team.

Well said fjlham

Yorkshirewhite

Just a little quirky fact we only managed 8 goals in our first 9 games last season

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Yorkshirewhite on September 18, 2017, 09:38:19 AM
Just a little quirky fact we only managed 8 goals in our first 9 games last season

True. And we have cairney, fonte and new left back to come in. So it may all click into place in due course

filham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 18, 2017, 10:04:59 AM
Quote from: Yorkshirewhite on September 18, 2017, 09:38:19 AM

True. And we have cairney, fonte and new left back to come in. So it may all click into place in due course
Well that is an encouraging stat.
We really need a fit Cairney back in the team, what is the nature of his injury, has anyone picked up a rumour at all.

jarv

I agree with Luka, Martin is missed too. So, Fulham let 3 decent players go from last season (ok Martin wanted to go back) and on results so far it appears they have been replaced by some light weights who were pretty much unknown.  Still, only 7 points behind, a good run and top 6 becomes very feasible..I think a target of in the top 6 before xmas puts them in a good position.

DevonFFC

If no faith is shown in Kamara and fonte not fit I'd try Humphries again. He is a big lad who puts himself about. O don't like this false 9 as it clearly isn't working this season and we have been found out.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ollienixs on September 18, 2017, 01:43:53 PM
If no faith is shown in Kamara and fonte not fit I'd try Humphries again. He is a big lad who puts himself about. O don't like this false 9 as it clearly isn't working this season and we have been found out.

How's no faith been shown in Fonte - the guys injured and was straight in. We haven't been found out when we lost 4-2 to Derby in April, we have new players to integrate. Just like Derby, Reading, etc haven't been found out  either. Some teams start slower than others.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 18, 2017, 04:28:05 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on September 18, 2017, 01:43:53 PM

How's no faith been shown in Fonte - the guys injured and was straight in. We haven't been found out when we lost 4-2 to Derby in April, we have new players to integrate. Just like Derby, Reading, etc haven't been found out  either. Some teams start slower than others.

Sorry I meant as in fonte isn't fit, think you read it wrongly.

I'd say teams know how to defend against us, physically the front 3 on the weekend were lightweight and ugly defending is proving our downfall. If people want to be the ref then so be it