watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not commenting till I see 90 mins

Started by grandad, September 16, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

I need to calm down, see the full game tomorrow before I make any comments now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

love4ffc

Quote from: grandad on September 16, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Make sure you take any heart medicine before watching the match  :012:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on September 16, 2017, 05:20:54 PM

Make sure you take any heart medicine before watching the match  :012:

and also a loaded revolver, a bottle of Whisky, and find and empty room.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

NogoodBoyo

I saw the full ninety.  We played all the football, very attractive, incisive stuff to boot.  We had quite a few chances starting with Sess early in the first half after a beautiful run and cross by Fredericks.    He hit it well first time but straight at a group of covering defenders.  Then Norwood was right place/right time, but skied it over.  Later he scored a pearler which their keeper should probably have saved.  In the second half we had the best chances with Ojo hitting the angle of post and crossbar with a screaming half-volley after brilliant work by young Sess on the left.
Their two goals?  A freaky half chance that we should have defended.  Jam and Jimmie felt Norwood was to blame (if anybody: I thought the finger should have been pointed at Kalas for not attacking the ball aggressively enough as it ran past him.  And a penalty that was simply mystifyingly worng.  Other than that, they hit the post, but didn't show much more.
All in all, we played great, entertaining football and were a mixture of unlucky and not steady enough in front of goal.
It's still such a huge improvement on what we've seen for the last six years that I cannot understand the hysteria amongst so many of our more emotional supporters (or is it fanatics?).  I'd prefer to watch a loss like that where we took the game to the opposition any day of the week rather than the heart-breaking, soul-destroyng rubbish we endured under our string of previous managers.
Nogood "athletic support is so much more comfortable that fanaticism, isit" Boyo

HV71

hovewhite

Good post,but we need to start putting chances away thats the only part game we are missing.

Bassey the warrior

Me too Grandad. There is rather a trend for overreacting on this board.

Mince n Tatties

How did Ojo hit bar at end?
It was easier to score.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 08:33:21 AM

Me too Grandad. There is rather a trend for overreacting on this board.

Don't think its over reaction Stefan,people are just frustrated that every game now we keep getting chances and not putting them away,that is what the game is actually about scoring goals...Something is wrong somewhere.

dannyboi-ffc

I'd rather avoid the extra one, two, three unnecessary tippy tally passes and play with more purpose. Go more direct into the channels rather than side to side all the time.

Burton offered nothing, bit of a pub team at this level. Good luck to them, nice little ground with a handful of fans, it's a great story & I hope they stay up. However, they're a very poor side & tactically they shut us out with Joka having no idea of countering it.

I expect more from a team with a manager who always wants more and the best & We can improve tenfold on this performance.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Logicalman

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 17, 2017, 08:49:38 AM
I'd rather avoid the extra one, two, three unnecessary tippy tally passes and play with more purpose. Go more direct into the channels rather than side to side all the time.

Burton offered nothing, bit of a pub team at this level. Good luck to them, nice little ground with a handful of fans, it's a great story & I hope they stay up. However, they're a very poor side & tactically they shut us out with Joka having no idea of countering it.

I expect more from a team with a manager who always wants more and the best & We can improve tenfold on this performance.

This. Not as explicit in the detail as Boyo's, but a closer-to-the-actualities of why we lost.

Attractive footie is all good, as long as it's not the cause of the loss. We were goal-shy, we embraced the Zamora etiquette of shooting into row Z and long range passing was mostly pitiful. I watched the 90 live as a lot did, and this was a poor performance in comparison to what we should expect. If this was against Leeds, Wolves or Boro, or any other team that would be able to punish us properly, it would have been a drubbing against us, we got lucky, we played crap against a crap team, and we lost. simples.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

JoelH5

We're just a bit boring this season compared to last. Everyone has found us out and there's nothing we seem to try to do to counter it. The ref did seem extremely biased in the game but still, we should be winning these games.

Unless something drastic changes, which it could (plenty of time) I see about a 10-12th place finish this year. We are way, way off the pace from last year.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

We were poor, the referee and other officials were a disgrace!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Barrett487

Artful Dodger

Saw the highlights and it didn't look great but how much are we missing Tom Cairney in terms of picking a pass rather than just playing the predictable ball to the wingers? And things aren't helped by decisions like that for the penalty - what did the ref see??
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

grandad

I am only going to make the comment that although we were poor the Ref influenced the game on 3 major occasions. The "foul that eventually led to the Pen was not a foul.I have watched the "pen" award dozens of times & there was no contact from any Fulham player. Sess hit him with the ball & their player just collapsed to the ground . Our pen shout was stonewall. Since when is an ankle tap in the area not a pen. Anywhere else on the pitch it would be a foul.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bog

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 16, 2017, 09:29:27 PM
I saw the full ninety.  We played all the football, very attractive, incisive stuff to boot.  We had quite a few chances starting with Sess early in the first half after a beautiful run and cross by Fredericks.    He hit it well first time but straight at a group of covering defenders.  Then Norwood was right place/right time, but skied it over.  Later he scored a pearler which their keeper should probably have saved.  In the second half we had the best chances with Ojo hitting the angle of post and crossbar with a screaming half-volley after brilliant work by young Sess on the left.
Their two goals?  A freaky half chance that we should have defended.  Jam and Jimmie felt Norwood was to blame (if anybody: I thought the finger should have been pointed at Kalas for not attacking the ball aggressively enough as it ran past him.  And a penalty that was simply mystifyingly worng.  Other than that, they hit the post, but didn't show much more.
All in all, we played great, entertaining football and were a mixture of unlucky and not steady enough in front of goal.
It's still such a huge improvement on what we've seen for the last six years that I cannot understand the hysteria amongst so many of our more emotional supporters (or is it fanatics?).  I'd prefer to watch a loss like that where we took the game to the opposition any day of the week rather than the heart-breaking, soul-destroyng rubbish we endured under our string of previous managers.
Nogood "athletic support is so much more comfortable that fanaticism, isit" Boyo

Thanks for that. I had a feeling that the game had gone like this.

092.gif

@jolslover

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 16, 2017, 09:29:27 PM

Great post. Sums up my thoughts. Best post ive seen on here this weekend.
STH H3