Main Menu

Au Revoir to Hot Harry

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 16, 2017, 11:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

aaronmcguigan

As much as he is yesterday's man, and the media darling the rest love to hate, it's a bit ridiculous sacking him now.
All I've heard all summer is him saying he's needed new players. Sales of his players were agreed but delayed until they got replacements.
A load of players came in on deadline day and he finally got his wish. But he's literally had what 17 days with them, think Jota has an injury maybe Vassell too, so he's basically started working with a new team come September 1st.
As a person I'm not fussed about him, but being given 17 days to get results with a brand new team , a team used to failure under Zola and the struggles last season, is a bit ridiculous.

Hopefully from a Fulham perspective they keep hiring and firing. Lee Carsley looks set to be given the chance and his coaching ability seems to be held in high regard.

No one like Leggat

One of the results that cost him his job was a 2-1 defeat at Burton. Just saying.

General

What a waste in jota being there now... just imagine the job he could have done for us this season already filling in for cairney.. we've been severely lacking a creative midfielder influence.

Fulham 442

Good post Newry.  I said exactly the same thing this morning.  Why give him the window and then sack him almost immediately.  Whoever comes in has to work with the same set of players.    Harry said  he wasn't in it for the money but he is definitely past it and I sincerely hope he retires now.  A £1.75 million pay off might help.  I wish I could get paid a fraction of that amount for failure!

cookieg

Mince n Tatties

No doubt get another job and stop a good young coach from somewhere getting one.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 11:36:17 AM
No doubt get another job and stop a good young coach from somewhere getting one.

Don't think so, he has suggested it will be his last and now Lee Carsley has the chance at Brum so let's see how he gets on. Bloody stupid timing to sack him though as others said his new players only came in on deadline day so what does that tell us about the owners!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on September 17, 2017, 11:42:57 AM

Don't think so, he has suggested it will be his last and now Lee Carsley has the chance at Brum so let's see how he gets on. Bloody stupid timing to sack him though as others said his new players only came in on deadline day so what does that tell us about the owners!

What does it tell us about the owners,?
That they were stupid enough to give him the job in the first place,so he kept them up.
Christ my dog could have kept them up after that useless  Zola.

filham

The Birminham board must be the worst in the Championship, sacking a manager a few games after allowing  him to spend in the window.
No need to worry about Harry, he no doubt has banked a cool million or so and can amuse himself on a south coast golf course while earning beer money with a few TV appearances .

Mince n Tatties

Birmingham fans wanting Steve Cotterill who was Arry's assistant last season,they saying it was Cotterill's coaching that kept them up.

St Eve

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 12:01:07 PM

That they were stupid enough to give him the job in the first place,so he kept them up.

By the way, does your dog know Harry's Dog ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 17, 2017, 09:18:28 PM

He only speaks to other black n white dogs like him...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 09:47:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 17, 2017, 09:18:28 PM

He only speaks to other black n white dogs like him...

I have a Draughts Board which is black and white, do you think your dog would speak to my Draughtsboard if he met him and offered him a bone. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.