watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wisdom of the young

Started by Wex, September 17, 2017, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Watching a You tube analysis of the match by a young Burton fan he says I changed my prediction from 1-1to 2-1 because Fulham have not got a striker in their starting eleven. He said this with an aire of incredulity. How come he knows when our recruitment team didn't?

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Wex on September 17, 2017, 07:39:30 AM
Watching a You tube analysis of the match by a young Burton fan he says I changed my prediction from 1-1to 2-1 because Fulham have not got a striker in their starting eleven. He said this with an aire of incredulity. How come he knows when our recruitment team didn't?
Well said.
Perhaps because they are a group of Tuesdays.

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 07:16:20 PM
I used to have Wisdom teeth.

So did Norman Wisdom.
But what that young Burton fan observations showed is that it's a simple game, that is made complicated by pundits and coaches.
But we already knew that anyway, as opposed to the individuals responsible for recruiting, whose football knowledge you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

https://youtu.be/BV4HlgpaILg

Was it this guy? Just because a child sees that no striker has been named doesn't mean we need to have a go at the recruitment team. StefJo managed to score more than their top scorer last season and we proved before that we can win comfortably without a striker.

Personally I'd prefer to play a striker yea and if he really wanted to play a striker , Defensively weak teams like Burton are the place to stick them in. I'd have even tested out Humphrys here. Some say he isn't good enough but he keeps scoring for the u23s, what else can he do ? even a place on the bench to change it up when the fancy dancey players have tired Burton out. Just pointing it out as the youth teams are scoring for fun, presumably (but don't know the stats) their accuracy figures and shot rate are a hell of a lot better than the senior team?

Woolly Mammoth

The recruitment/transfer team deserve all the stick they get.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 17, 2017, 11:51:30 PM
The recruitment/transfer team deserve all the stick they get.
If slav has no imput,which i doubt by the way then they need to be replaced if thats the case.
More importantly i believe it would make more sense at the end of this season for the head coach to sit down with both khans and find a common policy that shares responsibility more evenly and slav gets a bigger imput in decision making,as his body language has been negative so far this season.

bog

I seem to recall Spain starting a big tournament final without a striker...and they won. Emm.

092.gif

toshes mate

Of course before you can play a striker from the start of the game you need to have a reliable one in your squad.  At least Martin kept his fitness if nothing else.

filham

I suspect this young Burton fan may also have had a quick  look at the league table and noticed that before the match we had scored only seven goals (one of which was an own goal) in seven matches.
Some young Boro fan is probably doing the same thing today.