watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy and Palace

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 17, 2017, 08:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Bad start yesterday for them now played 5 lost 5 and 0 goals.Next three games.
Man City away
Man Utd away
Chelsea home.
Good luck Roy.. :016:

copthornemike

Certainly a difficult start to put it lightly - however Fulham were in a much poorer state when Roy joined us. CP have a core of some excellent players

gezkc

Very tough fixtures coming up, that's for sure.
If it's 8 losses from 8 games, will they sack Roy too?!

RaySmith

St Eve

He should get Murph's, Brede, Zamora, Davies and Scwartzer out of retirement

Woolly Mammoth

Roy's system of play yesterday was instrumental in orchestrating their defeat. With the players he had at his disposal they should have done better. But he clipped their wings.
They played far too deep at the back, you would have thought they were the away team. The distance between the midfield and striker was criminal, Far too long. Roy is frightened of his own shadow, and it seemed to effect the players performances.
He has plenty of time to get them back on track, but is he inspiring, no, i do not think he  has learned his lesson after Iceland.
He is not dynamic enough for the English Leagues any more, he is more at home managing the small teams with no expectations, but at Crystal Palace, it could be a challenge too far. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Roy has taken on one huge task, If Palace manage a couple of goals and concede less than ten in the next three games that will look like an improvement.
Palace seem to have a snowballs chance in hell of avoiding relegation but if anyone can do it Roy is the man.

aaronmcguigan

5 games without scoring
5 defeats

So what.

Their most influential player (Zaha) has barely played a minute this season and his return can kickstart something decent.

They can / should be a completely new team when Sahko/ Souare are back in the team. What about Wickham too?

Benteke has his limitations but is clearly capable of going on a run .

Some teams have decent early season form but there are clearly weak and vulnerable teams in that league. That Bournemouth /Brighton game the other night was terrible quality

There's nothing to lose in these next 3 games. No pressure and a point against a top team will kick start their season . If I knew betting, I'd stick a shiny pound on them surviving

Burt

Roy is a slow-burn kind of manager, we didn't exactly have a strong bounce when he took over the reins here. Palace have been set up to play an Ajax-type game, and now Roy will be changing that to a game based on strong defence, and clarity on the roles that each team member has to play. That's not an overnight process, and his comment that things will get worse before they get better was spot on, particularly given their next 3 fixtures.

HatterDon

Roy has inherited an underachieving bunch of individuals who -- given the proper management -- could be a viable Premier League side. He has also inherited [my observation, you understand] solid fan support of passion almost unseen in London -- especially if you recognize that the other two sides with northern-like support also are homes to the worst form of thuggery. Yes, I'm looking at you Millwall and West Ham.

If the ownership has the slightest corporate sense, they'll let Roy make the decisions and prepare themselves for a successful season. It would be great to hear that crowd roaring again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel