News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham failed in deadline day deal. Again.

Started by Lighthouse, September 17, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham made a bid of 10 million for Che Adams of Birmingham on deadline day according to their sacked manager Harry Hand In Pocket. If true then once again we have been badly let down by the club for failing to get reinforcements in an area that we have been crying out for help for a few seasons.

It also puts to bed any nonsense that some fans have that we have plenty of forwards and never wanted reinforcements. What with this and the failure to get the Newcastle chap on loan. Too late as usual Fulham. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

So, does that mean we have at least £10m in the kitty ready to spend at the beginning of the winter window.
If so you can bet we will spend all of the window trying to pick up a bargain from Timbucktwo with good stats and then on the last day of the window fail again with a sensible bid for a good player.

Fulham76

Really poor yet again from whoever deals with our transfer business. Not necessarily this deal alone but in general.

Slaphead in Qatar

Er may it have been the case Birmingham were not willing to sell

AlexW132

As most of you were probably aware, I was praising our summer recruitment, and my view on deadline day is that we didn't have money to spend. However having read the FST meeting where the club said it had bidded for Gayle, and now Che Adams, it does annoy me that we did actually have money to spend. Mind you, I'd rather it have been spent on a CB than Gayle or Adams.

Mince n Tatties

filham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 17, 2017, 05:55:10 PM
That should have been determined well before deadline day.

f321ffc

Maybe he was a last minute back up plane after the Dwight Gayle from Newcastle didn't happen because Newcastle couldn't get a replacement. Probably why none of the ITK's never got hold of it and as we were turned down that was the end of it, but at least we were trying.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham76

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 17, 2017, 05:55:10 PM

Maybe & he did go on to sign a contract extension at Birmingham but if our recruitment team had any sense maybe an idea to start the process a little earlier.

They've obviously decided this was a position that needed strengthening but leave it until the last minute for some reason.

Very very poor

@jolslover

A) very glad we didnt sign Che Adams for 10mill, Birmingham would have robbed us.
B) no idea why people still think we need a CB. Kalas and Ream are in the top 5 CB partnerships in this league definitely.
STH H3

Jonnoj

Can't help being a bit cynical about this. Every single window we make dramatic last minute bids for players that clubs don't want to sell. It was Enrich in January.
If the club really wants to buy these players they have to be bid for in enough time for the selling club to get a replacement.

res

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 17, 2017, 05:09:47 PM
Fulham made a bid of 10 million for Che Adams of Birmingham on deadline day according to their sacked manager Harry Hand In Pocket. If true then once again we have been badly let down by the club for failing to get reinforcements in an area that we have been crying out for help for a few seasons.

It also puts to bed any nonsense that some fans have that we have plenty of forwards and never wanted reinforcements. What with this and the failure to get the Newcastle chap on loan. Too late as usual Fulham. 

Most clubs have last minute deals that don't materialise....it's a bit like buying and selling a house, one part of the chain falls apart and the deal gets scuppered. Not convinced that we're any worse than other clubs.

bog

cmg

We didn't sign Che Adams for £10 million. What's not to like about that?

Of course, given the source, it might not be 100% true.

Andy S

In the end it is a gamble. Birmingham have done well and that is why Harry got the sack. I don't understand why any of this is relavent. It is all a lottery whoever you sign

aaronmcguigan

I'm more surprised anyone believes the nonsense that comes out of Harry's mouth. He's been sacked, of course he's going to come out and spin something.
Years later when we see Birmingham in the conference with -25 points due to FFP overspending, he will blame someone else and say he bought 15m worth of players based on the probability that someone would spend 10m on Che Adams

We spent a whole summer haggling for a couple of pound off the Fonte deal, would we really go and spend 10m on someone with so little experience?

alfie

I just don't get when every transfer that does not happen is immediately blamed as a failure by Fulham, there are at least 4 elements in transfers the buying club, the selling club, the player, the agent, it could be anyone of those but of course let's immediately blame Fulham.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham76

Quote from: Andy S on September 17, 2017, 08:27:00 PM
In the end it is a gamble. Birmingham have done well and that is why Harry got the sack. I don't understand why any of this is relavent. It is all a lottery whoever you sign

True, but it demonstrates how poor our transfer people are.

I didn't know an awful lot about Che Adams so I googled him & £10m for a player that's scored just 7 in over 40 appearances seems too much, so not necessarily disappointed we didn't get this guy but most of us have known we've need a striker for 18 months & seems our transfer team now agree, yet did nothing about it!

A terribly run part of the club

MarryatsChild

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2017, 08:11:38 PM
This failure to get late deals over the line only seems to have become a problem in the last couple of years. I wonder if it's attributable to Kline - maybe his stats programme sets a hard limit on what we can pay for a player and whereas a normal club will show flexibility and pragmatism in negotiations, we can't, because we're hamstrung by Kline's limit.
[/quote

Who knows? Who cares?

We must exist on the team squad we currently have. They must deliver to the best of their abilities as directed by the coach. If they cannot and he is incapable that is when we as supporters have a real problem to resolve.

Do not waste energy on something we as supporters cannot change, all we can do is to support what we currently have. Anything else is a total waste of time and effort.

We must just support the current endeavours in the only real way we can. Cheer, clap, applaud, appreciate and encourage in a totally positive manner.

AlexW132

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 17, 2017, 08:45:38 PM
Quote from: Andy S on September 17, 2017, 08:27:00 PM

True, but it demonstrates how poor our transfer people are.

I didn't know an awful lot about Che Adams so I googled him & £10m for a player that's scored just 7 in over 40 appearances seems too much, so not necessarily disappointed we didn't get this guy but most of us have known we've need a striker for 18 months & seems our transfer team now agree, yet did nothing about it!

A terribly run part of the club
So spending 14m euros on Kamara on Fonte is 'nothing' is it?