News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham failed in deadline day deal. Again.

Started by Lighthouse, September 17, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 08:55:02 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on September 17, 2017, 08:45:38 PM
Quote from: Andy S on September 17, 2017, 08:27:00 PM
In the end it is a gamble. Birmingham have done well and that is why Harry got the sack. I don't understand why any of this is relavent. It is all a lottery whoever you sign

True, but it demonstrates how poor our transfer people are.

I didn't know an awful lot about Che Adams so I googled him & £10m for a player that's scored just 7 in over 40 appearances seems too much, so not necessarily disappointed we didn't get this guy but most of us have known we've need a striker for 18 months & seems our transfer team now agree, yet did nothing about it!

A terribly run part of the club
So spending 14m euros on Kamara on Fonte is 'nothing' is it?

No, I'm not saying that & don't really want to get in to an argument about it as too many are blind to what happens & wont accept any type of negative opinion.

Firstly, we don't know the values paid for the 2 players you mentioned & secondly, my point was about our transfer team in general.

It seems to me we're always on the look out for an unearthed gem, like we've beaten the competition to the next big thing. In reality, we're always looking at the lower European league players & seem to buy players for the sake of buying someone & hope for the best.

We've all known we need a 'proper' striker for a long time. Now it seems the transfer people agree & were still hunting on the last day of the window, but failed.

Not a good way to run a business in my opinion.

AlexW132

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 17, 2017, 09:04:06 PM
In the end it is a gamble. Birmingham have done well and that is why Harry got the sack. I don't understand why any of this is relavent. It is all a lottery whoever you sign

I didn't know an awful lot about Che Adams so I googled him & £10m for a player that's scored just 7 in over 40 appearances seems too much, so not necessarily disappointed we didn't get this guy but most of us have known we've need a striker for 18 months & seems our transfer team now agree, yet did nothing about it!

No, I'm not saying that & don't really want to get in to an argument about it as too many are blind to what happens & wont accept any type of negative opinion.

Firstly, we don't know the values paid for the 2 players you mentioned & secondly, my point was about our transfer team in general.

It seems to me we're always on the look out for an unearthed gem, like we've beaten the competition to the next big thing. In reality, we're always looking at the lower European league players & seem to buy players for the sake of buying someone & hope for the best.

We've all known we need a 'proper' striker for a long time. Now it seems the transfer people agree & were still hunting on the last day of the window, but failed.

We've tried proven before it didn't work, except for McCormack

Fulham76

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 09:14:05 PM

We've tried proven before it didn't work, except for McCormack

Poor. Based purely on the time it takes us to get things done. Or not.

We were looking for a striker in the final days of the transfer window, (Gayle & Adams comfirmed), so assume the club and/or the stats guy felt we needed someone.

We didn't lose any of our strikers during the window, so they must always have felt we needed more yet left it until some unsuccessful attempts right at the end.

AlexW132

The best performing team in the league right now are Leeds. Their most expensive signing was Pontus Jansson, 3.6m. All the others are 'unproven' apart from Lonergan: Alioski, Saiz, Klich, Sacko, Wiedwald, Anita (perhaps, but he was a free transfer), Ekuban, Bouy, Grot, Lasogga, Borthwick-Jackson, Pennington and Cibicki. These 'unknowns' are playing very well for them so far, even though they sold Chris Wood, the type of 'proper' striker it sounds like you're angling after.

BedsFFC

This is terrible. I hadn't really appreciated how low the club had sunk.

Losing at Burton was bad but now I hear we didn't buy someone we bid for. What a weekend this has turned out to be

@jolslover

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 09:20:15 PM

The best performing team in the league right now are Leeds. Their most expensive signing was Pontus Jansson, 3.6m. All the others are 'unproven' apart from Lonergan: Alioski, Saiz, Klich, Sacko, Wiedwald, Anita (perhaps, but he was a free transfer), Ekuban, Bouy, Grot, Lasogga, Borthwick-Jackson, Pennington and Cibicki. These 'unknowns' are playing very well for them so far, even though they sold Chris Wood, the type of 'proper' striker it sounds like you're angling after.

Good post.
STH H3

Fulham76

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 09:20:15 PM

I'm not angling for anyone in particular, the club were, but they left if until the final few days of the window & the inevitable happened.

Lighthouse

Have fans really such a short memory? Weeks before deadline day I posted that as usual we would put in wild bids for players knowing we had little chance of getting them. Martin on loan at the last minute last season. This season Fonte, who is one type of forward and Kamara who is a raw kid as another type of forward. But even playing with one striker, the coach wanted another player up front. Failing on several fronts again to bring in a forward we so badly needed. Seems to me to be poor management. Once is unlucky, twice is unfortunate. Three times is unforgivable.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 17, 2017, 09:29:23 PM

Losing at Burton was bad but now I hear we didn't buy someone we bid for. What a weekend this has turned out to be
and to make the weekend even worse for you, I can confirm that our stats team are even more incompetent than the transfer team, and you cannot get any lower than that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 17, 2017, 05:09:47 PM
Fulham made a bid of 10 million for Che Adams of Birmingham on deadline day according to their sacked manager Harry Hand In Pocket. If true then once again we have been badly let down by the club for failing to get reinforcements in an area that we have been crying out for help for a few seasons.

It also puts to bed any nonsense that some fans have that we have plenty of forwards and never wanted reinforcements. What with this and the failure to get the Newcastle chap on loan. Too late as usual Fulham.

Is this the same guy? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/che-adams/profil/spieler/346779

If so, where did we get a valuation of 10M for him from?  Fonte is valued at 2.7M, Cairney 6.3M, are these in the correct ball park?

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2017, 03:26:55 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on September 17, 2017, 09:29:23 PM

and to make the weekend even worse for you, I can confirm that our stats team are even more incompetent than the transfer team, and you cannot get any lower than that.

Oh, I think you can

J.Perkins

I remember having a certain Chris Martin last season, a player many which didn't like.

£10m for Che Adams is stupid money for a striker who scored 7 goals, less than Aluko.