watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Old Brown Shoe

Started by bog, September 18, 2017, 08:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Some may recall that I put posting on here a while back about Old Brown Shoe, a revered member of the Fulham FC Brotherhood. That he was then not in the best of health and that it was not looking good as he had got advanced Dementia amongst many other lifelong debilitating conditions. He went on to have 11 weeks in hospital and all conversations from then on were with his devoted wife. 
  Then, last week, the 'phone rang...and it was OBS speaking coherently down the line! Incredibly he is back in quite rude health! Is home and under strict instructions but he is back with us! Have to say I got quite emotional talking to my good friend once again.  Am off to top my tan up in the Highlands next week and am stopping off to pay a totally unexpected visit that will involve comparing notes about our beloved club. Cue more emotion no doubt....but so pleased to do so.

092.gif 

Peabody

Nice to hear bog, please pass my best to him.

Lighthouse

Wonderful news and such a great reminder of one of the old school of voices. Have a great trip and wish him all the best from us all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Good to hear good news and we look forward to hearing more about Old Brown Shoe.

WhiteJC

love4ffc

Impressive and good news.  Hope his health continues to be on the up and up. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ScalleysDad

I do not know the guy in question but good news is good news so I will just say, well, 'good news keep going'.

Burt

Good news indeed, thanks for sharing Mr Bog.

bog

I met OBS by way of the Fulham message board about 15 years ago. a nicer man you could not meet. His first game was the 4-5 home FA Cup defeat by Newcastle in 1955. It is he, who inside the front cover of the TOOFIF, is always poked at fun wise beneath the name of David Lloyd.

092.gif   

NogoodBoyo

He is a marvelous man of the moment - a great contributor to the old motherboard.  What great news.
Nogood "I need his prescription for senior moments too, isit" Boyo

bog

Fellow gentlemen of the Fulham Brotherhood, I will give our revered friend all your good wishes....

092.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: filham on September 18, 2017, 12:08:25 PM
Good to hear good news and we look forward to hearing more about Old Brown Shoe.
:plus one: :plus one:

TheDaddy

Great news thanks for the update, Wishing you all the best OBS sir.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

filham

Quote from: bog on September 18, 2017, 05:11:46 PM
I met OBS by way of the Fulham message board about 15 years ago. a nicer man you could not meet. His first game was the 4-5 home FA Cup defeat by Newcastle in 1955. It is he, who inside the front cover of the TOOFIF, is always poked at fun wise beneath the name of David Lloyd.

092.gif   
Wow, what a game to choose for your first match. Trust he saw the Juventus game which was the next one to come close to it.