watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Perspective

Started by Peabody, September 18, 2017, 08:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This time last season we had 13 points as opposed to  this seasons 10. We had won three games as opposed to this seasons two. Last season, we went into October and suffered several bad games including losing twice at home to Bristol. city and also QPR. Then golly gosh, we only went and reached the play-offs which only goes to prove that at this stage of the season, nothing is predictable.

toshes mate

Indeed we flattered to deceive in August, suffered a less than pleasant late summer and early Autumn, still looked inconsistent approaching winter, and yet played the opposition into the ground by April.   Nothing is determined in the opening salvos of any competition and it is where you are on the last day of the season that counts.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Peabody on September 18, 2017, 08:55:03 AM
This time last season we had 13 points as opposed to  this seasons 10. We had won three games as opposed to this seasons two. Last season, we went into October and suffered several bad games including losing twice at home to Bristol. city and also QPR. Then golly gosh, we only went and reached the play-offs which only goes to prove that at this stage of the season, nothing is predictable.

You know what happened after Villa away, there was a change in style. We abandoned the pass mastery style into quick and effective attacking possession football.

This needs to happen this season. Our current style cannot continue, and there has been no evidence over the past season and 10 games that we have a back up style.

bog

:plus one:

092.gif

Peabody

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 18, 2017, 09:21:09 AM

You know what happened after Villa away, there was a change in style. We abandoned the pass mastery style into quick and effective attacking possession football.

This needs to happen this season. Our current style cannot continue, and there has been no evidence over the past season and 10 games that we have a back up style.

I seem to remember that your exact words were what was being said last year.

Keynsham

They all start to crawl out of the woodwork after a couple of defeats.  Just have a look at who has been starting threads since Saturday and you'll see that it's the same old mob, regurgitating the same old words in an almost gleeful manner.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Keynsham on September 18, 2017, 09:49:28 AM
They all start to crawl out of the woodwork after a couple of defeats.  Just have a look at who has been starting threads since Saturday and you'll see that it's the same old mob, regurgitating the same old words in an almost gleeful manner.

I started one of those threads and I'm normally optimistic when it comes to the current regime
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Keynsham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 18, 2017, 09:56:23 AM

I started one of those threads and I'm normally optimistic when it comes to the current regime

Then I wasn't talking about you in that case?

Wex

Disagree, we knew in June 2016 that we were losing our two main strikers. What have we got instead? A sick note and a striker who Slav obviously doesn't feel is good enough. You can't defend the indefensible. We needed a top quality striker with championship experience who was good To go at the beginning of August last year let alone this August not half way through the season

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Keynsham on September 18, 2017, 09:58:44 AM

Then I wasn't talking about you in that case?

Lol. It's not the end of the world but I was proper wound up with the team on Saturday . We all have those days, certainly don't want Joka to leave but it needs to click sooner rather than later.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Keynsham

Oh for sure, it's frustrating mate, very frustrating.  But we'll get it right, I'm sure of that.

SuffolkWhite

I thought we over achieved last season and were inconsistent at different parts in that season. I hoped for a top six finish again this season with more cover in the squad for injuries.

Well we are still inconsistent and whether the cover for injuries is there or not depends on how well the new players gel.

For me the jury's out still and we have a lot of games to go, but we are still capable of a top 6 finish IMO.

I will be at the Boro game and looking forward to it, Lets get behind the team as there is still all to fight for.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Carborundum

We can't change the squad until January and changing our passing / possession style of play doesn't seem particularly likely to succeed.

So what to do differently?  My suggestion is that if we have a fit and willing striker available, we put them up front.  Strikers are different to interchangeable position attackers.  Defenders have to think about them in different ways.  They create confusion, uncertainty and space.  That's when goals happen.

toshes mate

Quote from: Carborundum on September 18, 2017, 10:53:04 AM
My suggestion is that if we have a fit and willing striker available, we put them up front. 

The 'if' in that sentence will fly over Mr Perkins' head.....

AlexW132

Likewise for me

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Wex on September 18, 2017, 10:01:41 AM
Disagree, we knew in June 2016 that we were losing our two main strikers. What have we got instead? A sick note and a striker who Slav obviously doesn't feel is good enough. You can't defend the indefensible. We needed a top quality striker with championship experience who was good To go at the beginning of August last year let alone this August not half way through the season

a) a player who has been injured for 2 games isn't a sick-note, just injured. If he's injured again this side of Xmas (for a period of time, not two weeks) then I'll partially concede this point. However, see: Fredericks - was out start of last season and the season before...now a mainstay #fakenews
b) There's no evidence that Slav doesn't think Kamara is good enough - he's starting him slowly which managers do with new players (I refer you to Mkhitarayan at Utd who played alot less than Kamara by this point last seas and went on to be a starter, see also: Kebano)
c) Currently, there is no indefensible, only defensible. (It was literally 3 weeks ago that people were saying we'd had a good window)
d)and which championship striker that transferred in the season that meets your requirements transferred before Aug 1st pray tell that we'd have afforded. (hint: I work in statistics and have already fact-checked this point) Before you say Assombalonga, I thought we didn't want a sick-note. (refer: point a and our post - quoted)
e)8/46 = not halfway (hint: that's maths)
f) We lost our main two strikers before the start of last season, which coincided with us having our best season for 4-5 years (hint: that's history)

Now moan away, but keep it on point and factual.

filham

Sorry but we finished last season performing so well, all that was needed was to keep our first eleven intact, add a striker and a couple of back up midfielders and we should have been favourites for promotion.

We have failed dismally and the only excuse is the mysterious injury to Cairney.

Unlikely that we will again turn things around sufficiently to put us in the promotion race that we all expected.

hovewhite

Was having a chat with someone who knows cairneys mum after Burton game
T.C could be out for a few weeks.

Peabody

Quote from: filham on September 18, 2017, 12:22:48 PM
Sorry but we finished last season performing so well, all that was needed was to keep our first eleven intact, add a striker and a couple of back up midfielders and we should have been favourites for promotion.

We have failed dismally and the only excuse is the mysterious injury to Cairney.

Unlikely that we will again turn things around sufficiently to put us in the promotion race that we all expected

We shall see

Slaphead in Qatar

Comparing this year with the same time last year is one way to look at it.

A better way for our management should have been to compare the way we started this season vs the way we finished last season. We should have aimed to maintain or improve over that period by retaining  our best players and strengthening in the few areas we had weaknesses