Re: AK47
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:37:29 PM »
Agreed

Offline YoungsBitter

• Graham Leggat
    • In Vino Veritash-ish
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:44:18 PM »
Well you are definitely opening yourself up on this one....

Our system uses a striker and a number 10 so the only way Kamara starts if Fonte is fit is Fonte goes into Cairney's role as #10. My gut feel is if he is fit he starts up top and AK47 on bench. Slav will start Norwood in Cairney role although he might surprise us if he thinks Boro are going to try and dominate midfield with Cisse.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Offline Statto

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Agree with the OP. Don’t think Slav will do it, but it’s what id like to see.

Offline Carborundum

• Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »
Would work for me.  Fonte has the class to play between the lines.  AK47 to play off the shoulder.

Offline Benny

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 09:24:01 PM »
I think we need a different angle as playing Norwood clearing is not giving us enough cutting edge and he makes us very predictable

We have not been great since the Ipswich game and I don't think playing Norwood is the answer to be honest

Offline Carborundum

• Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »
Norwoods on loan and will be thinking about the World Cup as it gets closer.  I'm doubtful he'll be running through brick walls for us.  Seeing AK47's effect on a brick wall would be worth the ticket price.

Offline Scrumpy

• MAESTRO
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 10:21:25 PM »

Our system uses a striker and a number 10 so the only way Kamara starts if Fonte is fit is Fonte goes into Cairney's role as #10. My gut feel is if he is fit he starts up top and AK47 on bench. Slav will start Norwood in Cairney role although he might surprise us if he thinks Boro are going to try and dominate midfield with Cisse.

Exactly. I'll support every player that pulls on a white shirt but AK is not the answer. Great athlete, would make a great NFL footballer but lacks the technical ability for football at this level. Sorry. Hope he proves me wrong.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Offline YoungsBitter

• Graham Leggat
    • In Vino Veritash-ish
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 10:33:20 PM »

Exactly. I'll support every player that pulls on a white shirt but AK is not the answer. Great athlete, would make a great NFL footballer but lacks the technical ability for football at this level. Sorry. Hope he proves me wrong.
I think you are being a bit harsh on the kid. He scored 11 and made a big impact for Amiens last years, he looked shocking the first couple of games as he seemed to be trying too hard and his close control was atrocious. I thought the last couple of times he played even though limited minutes he looked better, understands what we need more and created more openings for others with his running. He is strong and super fast, if nothing else an impact sub for last 20 when defenses are worn down...however, know Slav that means an 88th minute cameo....
Quark, strangeness and charm

Offline Benny

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
How do you know ? he's hardly had a chance apart from a cup game where the whole changed team played pony

Slav needs to try something a little different or Saturday will be another draw at best

Offline RaySmith

• cebu
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 10:40:31 PM »
He's shown potential, and definitely seems  determined to prove himself.
He looks more of a typical number 9 than Fonte.

They both need  a bit of time, but I think they've both done well, considering they've hardly played.

Offline The Rock

• Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 12:12:34 AM »
I like AK47 and Fonte too - it's hard to judge because we actually haven't had a proper 11 yet have we?

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:40:09 AM »
The OP i agree it would be great to see,cant see it happening unfortunatly.

Offline RaySmith

• cebu
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 05:23:15 AM »
Give Norwood time, like all our new signings - he has a decent background.

RE the World Cup - will he not want to impress the selectors?

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 03:51:25 PM »
We need to change things, teams are used to our tactics and we are not creating clear cut chances.
AK47 has had but a few games as a second half substitute. He has pace and strength and bags of enthusiasm. Time to give him a start, at least he will soften up the defence and make openings for others.