News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Many More Games Are We Going To Throw Away?

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 23, 2017, 05:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Its getting rather frustrating.
9 points off the Top three sides now,another miserable train journey home.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 23, 2017, 05:00:36 PM
Its getting rather frustrating.
9 points off the Top three sides now,another miserable train journey home.

Completely agree. One positive though, and I'm searching for one to make myself feel better is, I'd have rathered 1-1 with AK scoring than 0-0
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ChesterTheTabby

It's very disappointing. I don't know if it is more disappointing because of how it happened today or because I now expect us to throw away every game. 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

Sadly the problem as usual in the first half is we should have put a few of those crosses away. We scored first near the end and still managed to concede. Yes very predictable but hey. We score and AK47 is on the score sheet and it was a sub that worked for once.

No promotion problems for us this season. But being average is ok.  :012:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fcfulham55

What's more of a worry is how many games can we turn around when losing?
Doubt it'll be too many.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

jarv

Quite a few until the 3 departed players are replaced. OK one went home to Derby but just saying. 1500.gif

FulhamKC

Any ideas from those who are able to see the games as to why we cannot close out a game when we have a one goal lead?

Woolly Mammoth

We have dropped 16 points out of a possible 27.
Only won 2 matches out of 9.
Drawn 5.
The next 9 matches have to yield far more points, preferably 27.
These next 9 have to be so much better, only won 1 home match so far.
No more excuses.
Still time to string a good unbeaten run together, and drawing of course is better than losing, for morale and confidence. But the difference is only 1 point.
If we keep drawing when we should be winning, we will end up in no mans land, and that is nowhere near good enough. The only consolation is that we did not lose against a side that will be there or there abouts. ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffc73

If ever there was a "first goal wins" game that was it. Unless we scored first of course then it is 1-1

It's in my head we will concede & by the look of the players as soon as we went 1-0 up its in their minds too. We defended well today until we scored. Then went to pieces & looked like losing it. Getting the ache of this now

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamKC on September 23, 2017, 05:19:44 PM
Any ideas from those who are able to see the games as to why we cannot close out a game when we have a one goal lead?

My observations are that we appear not to have any leaders marshalling the defence, poor reactions at times. Automatically drop deep, nobody tucking in or tracking back quick enough, and we seem to lose our shape, and the depth and balance in defence seems to disintegrate.
Not forgetting our shortcomings when defending set pieces.
But I repeat, no Leader or Talisman at the back to Marshall the troops.
But that was obvious months ago, and has continued over a period of time.
Why has it not been addressed.
Errr I know, the stats do not compute.  :down_under:
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

It's a management problem. It has occurred 3 times at home this season. Jokanovic is to blame.

Robbie

Frustrating but we played well today against a strong Boro side. Very early in the season and this team is starting to come together.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Robbie on September 23, 2017, 05:58:19 PM
Frustrating but we played well today against a strong Boro side. Very early in the season and this team is starting to come together.

I've just said it on another thread.
How many times are we going to say we played well and don't get 3 points.

ffc73

We did not play well v Hull but won.  I would take a few Hull performances / results right now

Baszab

What's really disappointing is that everyone at the game was disappointed

PokerMatt

Quote from: Statto on September 23, 2017, 07:11:30 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on September 23, 2017, 06:57:16 PM
We did not play well v Hull but won.  I would take a few Hull performances / results right now

I feel the opposite. Much rather watch good football like today. Really enjoyed it for the full 90 minutes (well 88 of them) for the first time this season.  Play like we did today for the next few games and we'll be back in the top 6.
I agree with this. With good performances results will arrive, but with results and playing badly the losses will begin to appear. Ahem, Ipswich.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Andy S

All these minor upsets are part of football. We all see it slightly differently and that is why it is the game it is

filham

Quote from: jarv on September 23, 2017, 05:15:12 PM
Quite a few until the 3 departed players are replaced. OK one went home to Derby but just saying. 1500.gif
I am happy that we have replaced Martin with Kamara but we were paid good fees for Aluko and Malone. When Fulham take big money for good players you always find it takes a couple of decades to replace the players and the money gradually melts away in some bank account.