AK47

Started by Benny, September 21, 2017, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

I think the guy should start on Saturday with Fonte playing behind him

No one would expect us to play both at the same time I reckon

St Eve

YoungsBitter

Well you are definitely opening yourself up on this one....

Our system uses a striker and a number 10 so the only way Kamara starts if Fonte is fit is Fonte goes into Cairney's role as #10. My gut feel is if he is fit he starts up top and AK47 on bench. Slav will start Norwood in Cairney role although he might surprise us if he thinks Boro are going to try and dominate midfield with Cisse.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Carborundum

Would work for me.  Fonte has the class to play between the lines.  AK47 to play off the shoulder.

Benny

I think we need a different angle as playing Norwood clearing is not giving us enough cutting edge and he makes us very predictable

We have not been great since the Ipswich game and I don't think playing Norwood is the answer to be honest

Carborundum

Norwoods on loan and will be thinking about the World Cup as it gets closer.  I'm doubtful he'll be running through brick walls for us.  Seeing AK47's effect on a brick wall would be worth the ticket price.

Scrumpy

Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 21, 2017, 08:44:18 PM

Our system uses a striker and a number 10 so the only way Kamara starts if Fonte is fit is Fonte goes into Cairney's role as #10. My gut feel is if he is fit he starts up top and AK47 on bench. Slav will start Norwood in Cairney role although he might surprise us if he thinks Boro are going to try and dominate midfield with Cisse.

Exactly. I'll support every player that pulls on a white shirt but AK is not the answer. Great athlete, would make a great NFL footballer but lacks the technical ability for football at this level. Sorry. Hope he proves me wrong.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 21, 2017, 10:21:25 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 21, 2017, 08:44:18 PM

Exactly. I'll support every player that pulls on a white shirt but AK is not the answer. Great athlete, would make a great NFL footballer but lacks the technical ability for football at this level. Sorry. Hope he proves me wrong.
I think you are being a bit harsh on the kid. He scored 11 and made a big impact for Amiens last years, he looked shocking the first couple of games as he seemed to be trying too hard and his close control was atrocious. I thought the last couple of times he played even though limited minutes he looked better, understands what we need more and created more openings for others with his running. He is strong and super fast, if nothing else an impact sub for last 20 when defenses are worn down...however, know Slav that means an 88th minute cameo....

Benny

How do you know ? he's hardly had a chance apart from a cup game where the whole changed team played pony

Slav needs to try something a little different or Saturday will be another draw at best

RaySmith

He's shown potential, and definitely seems  determined to prove himself.
He looks more of a typical number 9 than Fonte.

They both need  a bit of time, but I think they've both done well, considering they've hardly played.

The Rock

I like AK47 and Fonte too - it's hard to judge because we actually haven't had a proper 11 yet have we?

hovewhite

The OP i agree it would be great to see,cant see it happening unfortunatly.

RaySmith

Give Norwood time, like all our new signings - he has a decent background.

RE the World Cup - will he not want to impress the selectors?

filham

We need to change things, teams are used to our tactics and we are not creating clear cut chances.
AK47 has had but a few games as a second half substitute. He has pace and strength and bags of enthusiasm. Time to give him a start, at least he will soften up the defence and make openings for others.

ffc73

Still dumbfound that AK47 was not a starter last week, let alone not in the match day squad.  Anyone know if he was injured or just out of favour?

hovewhite

Not sure if Slav doesn't think he's good enough!

westcliff white

Good thing about Fonte is he can play wide, number 9 or number 10 so we have options
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

Rui behind AK that's an option.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
I think that would be really interesting, play Rui in Cairney role...not happening tho

hovewhite

Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 22, 2017, 05:43:46 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
I think that would be really interesting, play Rui in Cairney role...not happening tho
We all know its not going to happen ☺ 😠 but I'd love to see it tried☺