AK47

Started by Benny, September 21, 2017, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2017, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 22, 2017, 05:43:46 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
Rui behind AK that's an option.
I think that would be really interesting, play Rui in Cairney role...not happening tho
We all know its not going to happen ☺ 😠 but I'd love to see it tried☺
You never know, he was talking in the press conference about 'finding long term solutions' maybe it forces a change in thinking as he has tried both Cisse and Norwood in that role and its hardly setting the world on fire. Maybe he plays more of the unfashionable 4-4-2 with StefJo and KMac as middle two and perm 2 from (Sess, Kebano, Mello, Ojo, Ayite, Graham) the wingers either side. Norwood goes to bench and you get AK47 and Fonte up top..
....No, not going to happen ;)
Quark, strangeness and charm

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: RaySmith on September 22, 2017, 05:23:15 AM
Give Norwood time, like all our new signings - he has a decent background.

RE the World Cup - will he not want to impress the selectors?

The squad and to be fair, the team picks itself. Very settled team and would expect he'd be involved regardless of form and club selection.
I'd think it's Brighton or other premier clubs he would be aiming to impress

Carborundum

Quality management.  If we, who analyse all thing Fulham to death, haven't got a clue how we line up tomorrow, what chance have 'Boro?

The Rock

Quote from: Carborundum on September 22, 2017, 08:13:08 PM
Quality management.  If we, who analyse all thing Fulham to death, haven't got a clue how we line up tomorrow, what chance have 'Boro?

Excellent point. This doesn't seem to have made a difference and we haven't done e over or fooled anyone. Except maybe Ipswich, but we do have quality in the side - maybe trying to figure out how to best employ it, and without TC at the moment as well.

Benny

With more games under his belt he'll be even better

He needs to start against forest and QPR with Fonte just behind

Rambler

Had a lot of fun watching AK today.
He's an absolute unit, I mean I don't think any defender in the league matches up physically with him.
Great finish as well, what a leap - and it would have been easy for his head to go down after the 1 v 1

Very much a diamond in the rough

Benny

Agreed - shame he didn't score the 1 on 1 but those sort of chances suit those best with high confidence and with his goal today and more games he'll have more chances

I think if he started today we would of scored a couple of goals

@jolslover

played a good game today. Best performance since his debut. Glad he got a goal under his belt. Probably should have had two but he caused the Boro defence problems.
STH H3

Twig

Quote from: @jolslover on September 23, 2017, 07:19:45 PM
played a good game today. Best performance since his debut. Glad he got a goal under his belt. Probably should have had two but he caused the Boro defence problems.

:plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

If he gets game time which he deserves, he can score further goals and could be a real wrecking ball in this Division.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MaidstoneMark69

Glad I stumbled across this thread, very interesting to see the shift of opinion before and after yesterdays game.

At the moment AK looks good coming off the bench, his confidence is definitely growing which can be seen by the great touches he had in the building of our attacks.

I also saw that Fonte dropped behind him and looked excellent there, he's a very intelligent player and could definitely fulfill a number 10/string pulling role, very hard working. Alas, may have got another injury yesterday.

I think AK has great potential cos he's so bloody strong and quick, bit rough at the minute,  but he's young and some of those wrinkles can be ironed out.

He looks well liked within the squad, what a wholehearted trier, and you gotta love a trier!

Riverside

Played v well yesterday and we did look much more dangerous with in . SJ missed a trick at Button not having his as a sub . Not sure if he could have kept that pace and effort up for 90 minutes and he would be easier to handle when the defences are fresh . So for NF I would still have him on the bench and use him for the last 30 minutes WITH Fonte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Think rui is far more suited in the 10 role as up top its more physical in championship and AK up front is built for the role and defenders know hes there if that meens tweaking the system because rui and AK will both get better which will helps the team

FulhamStu

Quote from: hovewhite on September 24, 2017, 09:31:47 AM
Think rui is far more suited in the 10 role as up top its more physical in championship and AK up front is built for the role and defenders know hes there if that meens tweaking the system because rui and AK will both get better which will helps the team

Agree with this and thought before the game that Fonte could be suited to the 10 role.  If Cairney is out I would persist with Fonte on at 9 until last 30 mins when Kamara get damage the opposition.  This or play the false 9 with Fonte at 10.   Don't know how bad Ayite injury is as he is best suited to the False 9.  But whatever, Kamara has to be included or on the bench,  big error leaving him at home v Burton.

JackHFFC1990

Glad to see him score I actually like him I think he is a good prospect who just needs games

hovewhite

Gametime he will only improve,also with more work on the training ground will become even better,like anything hard work.

Lighthouse

Really what we are saying is we only have AK as a proper forward. While Fonte is a number 10 and the rest are wide players. All of whom are liable to miss more than they score. AK however is a work in progress.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

This is big step up for the boy,the ingrediants are all there.