News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do you want to have happened in training this week?

Started by Southcoastffc, September 22, 2017, 09:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Apart from shooting practice I want Fredericks to have practised steaming into the area and KEEP GOING either to draw a penalty or create a certain goal. Too often he, gets to the edge of the area and panics. I can but hope.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

filham

We have not looked the team we were last season, we are not creating goals, obviously we are missing Cairney.
Joccanovic needs to work on this problem, he may need to tweak our system or he could even try replacing Cairney with Sess and that should have occupied training this week.

It is no use just giving us more of the same with Norwood replacing Cairney, that is not working

MrD1879

Lighthouse

The system where by we have somebody up front and not darting back in midfield. They, I think call them a  forward. Don't know if they exist. But instead of having crosses that we all think are poor because nobody is close to being on the end of them. A player that is used to being a forward may actually be able to create and find space in the area.

I know this is never going to happen. But allow me to dream.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MrD1879 on September 22, 2017, 11:44:01 AM
Finishing, finishing and finishing.

Oh and a plan B
Could plan B involve finishing, I wonder?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Shooting practice and also working on the gaps between Ream and Sess. They need to talk to each other more. Also, we should make sure Sess isn't left one-on-one with the winger too often, the left winger should track back more.

ScalleysDad

Corners and free kicks within twenty five yards of the box.
With out a bulldozer for a No.9 our habit of simply lobbing a corner or the free kick to the near post and occasionally into the 'mixer' is pointless and yet we still do it. A bit more creativity and no two the same would at least move the percentages in our direction. I watched Bristol City a few weeks back and they had one where all the attacking players stood on the edge of the box and ran in as the ball was in flight. Chaos in the defence and a goal ensued. The next corner was a short one to a player who called for it late as he ran to the touchline twenty odd yards up the pitch. He turned on a sixpence and the cross, from a much better angle went to the back stick and again created chaos. For quite a while now ours are not worth standing up for.................. although of course we do.
None of our forwards are renowned for their aerial prowess so lets at least try keeping it on the floor for a bit.
I am sure you still cannot coach actual leadership on the pitch but if anybody has any ideas on that Slav could use them.

Blimey seems a lot doesn't it?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 22, 2017, 12:18:24 PM
Shooting practice and also working on the gaps between Ream and Sess. They need to talk to each other more. Also, we should make sure Sess isn't left one-on-one with the winger too often, the left winger should track back more.
I'm firmly in the camp that Sess should not play at left back. Left mid or fluid left wing yes but not a solid defender.

jarv

George Best to descend from above, 25 years old with boots in hand ready to play.

JakeFFC

Dead balls!!

Our throw ins are atrocious. Normally thrown to 1 person with 2 defenders on him. Even if, by some miracle they win the flick on we have nobody else there.
Corners, well that's been covered by the above. I would just love some to beat the first man and once that's mastered, not clear everyone. Just give us a chance at least. 

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 22, 2017, 09:15:00 AM
Apart from shooting practice I want Fredericks to have practised steaming into the area and KEEP GOING either to draw a penalty or create a certain goal. Too often he, gets to the edge of the area and panics. I can but hope.
I have been thinking the same for some time, I dont think he panics as much as seems to have been told to not get isolated up there and hold back more this season. Its working in so far he looks defensively way better than last year but it means the only penetration really comes up the left wing. Fred and Ojo should be doing more of what Fred and Aluko did last year but that takes time and Aluko played every game so Fred was used to him. we keep switching and changing right winger.
Quark, strangeness and charm

hovewhite

Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2017, 11:39:55 AM
Some shooting practice on target would be handy!
Don't no if he's looked on here and this thread,but he did mention that he orders Hs players to shoot on target!

toshes mate

I'd like to think we practiced wide players getting behind the last defender since a cut back, or shot from a narrow angle is much harder to defend.  I'd also be practicing those twenty plus pass moves all over the place in neat triangles that just refuse to give the ball away until we score.  We are not too far away from perfecting the basic merits of last season's team at its best.  Hitting the target comes naturally when players are more relaxed.