watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"We hope to find a solution soon"

Started by Wearethewhites, September 22, 2017, 03:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Jokanovic when quoting Cairney this afternoon "TC is still out of the squad, and we hope to find a solution soon"

That tells me this is long term, and the rumours I heard of it being Christmas time before we see him again, seem to be coming true.

God help us.   

Keynsham

That rumour started here and for now, is just that.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Keynsham on September 22, 2017, 03:41:06 PM
That rumour started here and for now, is just that.

No it didn't, it got typed on here, but came from a creditable source.

Keynsham

Did it?

I thought Statto started it by following an admittedly logical thought process. I don't recall seeing a source, but will stand corrected if that's the case.

Beamer

According to the report on the website he said "We've gone a long period without him, and I expect we're going to find some solution. At the moment I cannot give you more information about him." No mention of the word "soon". So it is what it is, if they genuinely don't know what the problem is exactly then any rumour that it will be Christmas must be just that, a rumour. From the sound of it there may be some chance that it could be then, sooner or longer as nobody really seems to know. Let's just hope it's sooner rather than later as it is clear we miss him (as would any side in the Championship).

Keynsham

Quote from: Statto on September 22, 2017, 04:14:45 PM
Quote from: Keynsham on September 22, 2017, 03:54:37 PM
Did it?

I thought Statto started it by following an admittedly logical thought process. I don't recall seeing a source, but will stand corrected if that's the case.

Agreed! I am claiming to be the originator of this rumour, and I can confirm the source was my own mind, which is not a credible source

064.gif 064.gif

Wearethewhites

Did it?

Agreed! I am claiming to be the originator of this rumour, and I can confirm the source was my own mind, which is not a credible source

I was told, by what I class as quite a creditable source, that at this stage, Cairney is looking more like Christmas, due to complications of him being rushed back far to early last time.

Now, it doesn't matter what I say on here, because as we know, ITK's are instantly shot down as being WUMS, or even better, not a creditable source, because all the time its a rumour, it remains a rumour, blah, blah, blah.

As a fan, I want him back sooner rather than later, I don't benefit what so ever, by wanting our best player out for a more extended period, so it wouldn't make sense. 

I hope its the wrong info, but if it is correct, which it seems to be, based on Jokanovic's recent words, then we're a bit screwed.

filham

Well we had best not think too much about a return date for Tom, it will only depress us and it would seem that there is not a lot that can be done about it, possibly the best medicine /treatment is time.

However what needs to be thought about is what we do without him and Jocanovic needs to concentrate fully on this, as yet he has failed to find a solution.

AlexW132

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 22, 2017, 04:28:02 PM
Did it?

I was told, by what I class as quite a creditable source, that at this stage, Cairney is looking more like Christmas, due to complications of him being rushed back far to early last time.

Now, it doesn't matter what I say on here, because as we know, ITK's are instantly shot down as being WUMS, or even better, not a creditable source, because all the time its a rumour, it remains a rumour, blah, blah, blah.

As a fan, I want him back sooner rather than later, I don't benefit what so ever, by wanting our best player out for a more extended period, so it wouldn't make sense. 

I hope its the wrong info, but if it is correct, which it seems to be, based on Jokanovic's recent words, then we're a bit screwed.
Slav screwed up big time playing him against Ipswich.

BestOfBrede

Well well, if our season is dictated by 1 player, key player I'd admit, then we may as well give up now!

We have survived without key players before and many times actually lost key players to transfer. Why oh why does anyone think we can only have any chance of promotion/playoff with Tom Cairney, but no chance whatsoever without him?

Certainly he is and will be missed, but at least we still have him. It wasn't long ago we feared he would leave for the premiership! He's only injured and at the moment we don't know how long for. We have plenty of options and Slavisa will do whatever is required- no need to panic IMO

grandad

I wonder if there is a suitable non contract player who could be a stop gap. Piazon could do the job bt he is out for a long time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: grandad on September 22, 2017, 07:34:51 PM
I wonder if there is a suitable non contract player who could be a stop gap. Piazon could do the job bt he is out for a long time.

Would have thought they'd be on the case if they knew Cairney was out for a long period. The likes of Joe Ledley being free and being open to short term deal  would have been ideal

Carborundum

The problem isn't so much that he's injured, it's that both he and Piazon are injured, we've sold LVC and Norwood's not terribly convincing.  Rui Fontes obviously a capable footballer.  We could try him there...if he's not injured.

toshes mate

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 22, 2017, 06:35:00 PM
Well well, if our season is dictated by 1 player, key player I'd admit, then we may as well give up now!

We have survived without key players before and many times actually lost key players to transfer. Why oh why does anyone think we can only have any chance of promotion/playoff with Tom Cairney, but no chance whatsoever without him?

Certainly he is and will be missed, but at least we still have him. It wasn't long ago we feared he would leave for the premiership! He's only injured and at the moment we don't know how long for. We have plenty of options and Slavisa will do whatever is required- no need to panic IMO

A big +1 from me.

Jem

Exactly.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

AlexW132

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 22, 2017, 08:05:58 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 22, 2017, 07:34:51 PM

Would have thought they'd be on the case if they knew Cairney was out for a long period. The likes of Joe Ledley being free and being open to short term deal  would have been ideal
Joe Ledley is not the same type of player as TC

filham

Last season's tremendous form was mainly due to the engine room of McDonald/Johansen and Cairney, take Cairney away and the engine room is not firing on all cylinders. The back up players bought in the window lack flair and present no problems for defences.

How else can you account for the drop in form over the summer, the only real difference is Cairney.

The Rock

Did it?

Sadly there was a clear logic and chance probability to your prediction due to his lack of involvement that did come to fruition. I remember reading it at the time and had that "gasp" reaction and feeling that you were probably right but didn't want to face that reality. Fwiw. Feelin the pain.

Southcoastffc

TC himself has said that as of last week there was no return date identified.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.