watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FulhamFCTV Stream

Started by brixology, September 23, 2017, 05:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brixology

I see that there were some having issues with the audio feed.  What about the video stream?  I watched in Chrome with a very strong wifi signal and it froze time and time again.  Is it just me?

joemole

No. Mine hasn't worked for 4 straight games.

terryr

I had problems first game. Since then no problem

Hoppus

Quote from: brixology on September 23, 2017, 05:06:47 PM
I see that there were some having issues with the audio feed.  What about the video stream?  I watched in Chrome with a very strong wifi signal and it froze time and time again.  Is it just me?

First two games: no problem.
Today and during the Burton game it was terrible. I also got a strong wifi and a new computer.

HatterDon

^^^^^^^^^

thus reinforcing my decision NOT to subscribe. I'm sure the bugs will be found and evicted by mid-winter, but the frustration of missing the matches is bad enough without the double frustration of missing them while paying for them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy S

You cannot beat a day at the cottage but I do feel for people who cannot be there

love4ffc

God I wish I could always be at the cottage.  Couldn't watch the game today as I was a guest coach for a U17 match.  I've not signed up as I am unsure how many matches I can watch for free.  So I pay as I go.  First match I paid for had problems with the audio.  Second on the video.   Since then no problems so far. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

"Strong WiFi"?    WiFi is just that, WiFi, never trust it to successfully stream live action, ever, the only stream I expect total uninterrupted success with is via a Cat5/6. The club stream is good, very good by many standards, though unfortunately without the right equipment to get the stream, it's not going to be as good as it can be.

For those who think by not subscribing they are missing a bullet, the reality is, you aren't even in the gunfight, so you don't win or lose, except you get to see 2 maybe 3 matches of the 40+ this season and even that's not a certainty, whilst the rest of us that do, given the correct equipment, we get to watch every match streamed and live. The only bugs are those with some of the camera operators they use and the director today couldn't get the right camera selected t the right time (eg. the 'close-up' camera when a wide-pan was required when the ball whizzed through the pen area).

That's not crowing or priding it up, or anything of the sort, we pay for this and so it's just putting it all into perspective.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

brixology

Quote from: Logicalman on September 24, 2017, 03:58:47 AM
"Strong WiFi"?    WiFi is just that, WiFi, never trust it to successfully stream live action, ever, the only stream I expect total uninterrupted success with is via a Cat5/6. The club stream is good, very good by many standards, though unfortunately without the right equipment to get the stream, it's not going to be as good as it can be.

For those who think by not subscribing they are missing a bullet, the reality is, you aren't even in the gunfight, so you don't win or lose, except you get to see 2 maybe 3 matches of the 40+ this season and even that's not a certainty, whilst the rest of us that do, given the correct equipment, we get to watch every match streamed and live. The only bugs are those with some of the camera operators they use and the director today couldn't get the right camera selected t the right time (eg. the 'close-up' camera when a wide-pan was required when the ball whizzed through the pen area).

That's not crowing or priding it up, or anything of the sort, we pay for this and so it's just putting it all into perspective.

Fair enough re: wifi.  I will be watching the midweek game at my desk, on a PC that is hardwired into a Cat 5e network.  We'll see how it goes. 

The Rock

Quote from: HatterDon on September 24, 2017, 12:02:27 AM
^^^^^^^^^

thus reinforcing my decision NOT to subscribe. I'm sure the bugs will be found and evicted by mid-winter, but the frustration of missing the matches is bad enough without the double frustration of missing them while paying for them.

Agreed. I've tried 3 times, never seen or heard a match. Emailed the club to stop payment - just on principle.

gang

Due to a technical issue fulhamfc.com experienced problems loading during the Middlesbrough match including overseas stream and Gentleman Jim. The problem has been investigated and rectified with apologies.

YankeeJim

It took forever to load but once it did, everything was fine. Since week two, this has been the only problem.
Open those tight pockets Don, we all need a View.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

davew

I happily subscribe to FFCTV, but it is a very poor service and very difficult to make any contact to report problems and as far as I know, no feedback from whoever operates the service.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

Quote from: brixology on September 25, 2017, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 24, 2017, 03:58:47 AM

Fair enough re: wifi.  I will be watching the midweek game at my desk, on a PC that is hardwired into a Cat 5e network.  We'll see how it goes.

I'll be interested in the results mate.

I have watched it on my laptop using chrome and also via the built-in browser on my TV (that uses a lite version of flash) and have few, if any, noticeable issues at all.

The only time I did get freezing was when out a the lake, using a neighbours wifi that was, erm, not all cracked up as it should have been, and the picture was jumpy, but nothing hear back home.

On previous threads we have shown additional hardware that can be bought to either enhance the wifi signal  or, better still, use an extender that allows the signal to be transmitted via the electric cable, thus the same as a wired signal. The one I use has two outputs that allow me to connect up the TV and a game console, or laptop, etc, when at the other end of the house from where my cable router resides in my office.

This was reasoning for suggesting the 'no bugs' comment, apart from the few (like Boro) that occurred, as they do not appear to be regular. Tbh, I have had better coverage of streamed Fulham games than I had for the NBCSN EPL games earlier in the season!  Just hope it stays like that.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Matt10

I've never had an issue with FFCTV. I'm overseas in the US, and have sent multiple emails back and forth to Geoff with FFCtv. They've heard my request of removing the control bar when the player is in full screen, and updated me accordingly.

The only real "issue" I can think of is when I received an error message at half-time, something to do with the media player.

Have to remember this is quite the step up from last year's version of FFCTv. I'm very very grateful for the service and not sure where I would be without it.

YoungsBitter

Does anyone have any issues with Safari or Firefox where after connecting you get a grey error message about decoding? I solve it by reopening in the other browser but its frustrating.

Apart from that its been great, I get a little wifi delay between laptop and TV display via AppleTv but never an issue. Compared to GJ on the phone app this is life changing :)
Quark, strangeness and charm