watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa's post-match assessment

Started by Darkside, September 23, 2017, 05:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

It was better. Although the margins of improvement are increasingly more subtle and difficult to determine within an atmosphere of changes and injuries the problems are still down to conceding goals when we should be shutting opponents out and scoring a higher goal to attack ratio.  Are the present personnel up to it?  Some clearly are and some clearly are not, while what remains are some who are improving the qualities SJ requires because they really want to play for this side.  It'll click together a little better next game against Forest - perhaps a convincing win even - but I'd still guess that next month, after the break, is when the jigsaw takes much better shape. 

As BestOfBrede says, the moaners always shout louder on here and I often wonder if that is why we cannot get a better Craven Cottage atmosphere.   

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on September 23, 2017, 11:59:46 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 23, 2017, 09:38:23 PM
Some are only here to complain
They only post when we don't win and take a week off when we do!
Won't be long before we go on a 4-5 game winning streak to be free of their negativeness
Hope it is during my lifetime Brede (I rarely post now....can't compete with all the negativity).

064.gif

Andy S

When Jimmy hill was a pundit on ITV in the 1970's I remember him saying that an opponent is at their most dangerous after conceding a goal. So in all that time nothing has changed. I think when that happens with about three minutes on the clock as well it doesn't get any better. That was a fair result yesterday against a vey good side that spent a lot of money in the summer after being in the premiership last year. So boxes have been ticked for me that we are heading in the right direction and come the end of the season we won't be too far away from a play-off spot. There were a lot of pluses in yesterday's game for me.

Nero

Quote from: Andy S on September 24, 2017, 09:06:19 AM
When Jimmy hill was a pundit on ITV in the 1970's I remember him saying that an opponent is at their most dangerous after conceding a goal. So in all that time nothing has changed. I think when that happens with about three minutes on the clock as well it doesn't get any better. That was a fair result yesterday against a vey good side that spent a lot of money in the summer after being in the premiership last year. So boxes have been ticked for me that we are heading in the right direction and come the end of the season we won't be too far away from a play-off spot. There were a lot of pluses in yesterday's game for me.

yes but if slav had any sense he would know by now we cant keep a clean sheet and should think right how do i break this up, lets make a sub get Norwood off and Cisse on, a more defensive  player and break up the flow or do I wait for them to equaliser then do it afterwards. You know if it was Jose yesterday at that point he would have made a defensive sub and locked the game down, Slav needs to start learning some game management

FulhamStu

It's how we finish the season that will define our season not how we start.  We are still bedding in new players and trying to find a way of replacing the best player in the league.  We play great football still, just need to adjust a few things to produce better results.