watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa's post-match assessment

Started by Darkside, September 23, 2017, 05:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkside

After yet another match where we should have won- but didn't.

You know what the rhetoric is.

We made plenty of decent chances but couldn't find the final pass into the goal.
ie we had a decent midfield but the chances couldn't be converted.

We made bad defensive decisions that cost us
ie yet again we couldn't defend a corner

Every match the same.

It's getting rather boring (and very frustrating when we take a lead then chuck it away)

A point a game obviously won't even make top 10, and would be flirting with the wrong end of the table.

Last season looking more of an upward blip, back to normal this season

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on September 23, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
It's getting rather boring reading the same complaints on here about the manager's comments to be honest.

No matter what the result and who your manager is, post match interviews will always involve the same cliches. How have some not worked that out?

Isn't that the definition of insanity - watching 1,000s of identical interviews and still expecting something different next time?

Is it also worth pointing out that we played really well today?

We did play well.

We also let in another goal straight after scoring.

The manager can't take the credit for one and not take the blame for another.

AlexW132

It's getting rather boring reading the same complaints on here about the manager's comments to be honest.

No matter what the result and who your manager is, post match interviews will always involve the same cliches. How have some not worked that out?

Isn't that the definition of insanity - watching 1,000s of identical interviews and still expecting something different next time?

I couldn't care less if we played well if it didn't result in 3 points.

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on September 23, 2017, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 23, 2017, 05:57:26 PM

Then I couldn't care less about you because you're obviously numpty
Explain

One Martin Thomas

Then I couldn't care less about you because you're obviously a numpty

Not sure that was necessary!!!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on September 23, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Sorry but what is the point of a forum to discuss Fulham issues if you only care about 2 numbers, 1-1

OK Here's an issue for you.
When come May and we've finished 14th in table,are you still going to say !Yes but we did play well!

Keynsham

It's a losing battle, Statto.  It really is.

MikeW

Getting a bit fed up with the quick reply option not posting anything I write.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

It would be nice for the manager to admit and explain why we have not yet achieved the performance levels of last season. Come on, be honest, we all felt that with a new centre forward and decent cover for our midfield we could be top of the table by now.

filham

Quote from: Statto on September 23, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Sorry but what is the point of a forum to discuss Fulham issues if you only care about 2 numbers, 1-1

Of course those two numbers are always of prime importance but there are so many ways and means of getting them correct.
That is the point of all of the discussion.

BestOfBrede

Some are only here to complain
They only post when we don't win and take a week off when we do!
Won't be long before we go on a 4-5 game winning streak to be free of their negativeness

Twig

Quote from: filham on September 23, 2017, 08:36:54 PM
It would be nice for the manager to admit and explain why we have not yet achieved the performance levels of last season. Come on, be honest, we all felt that with a new centre forward and decent cover for our midfield we could be top of the table by now.

Well I didn't because I felt our summer transfer window was driven by a desire to break even and was insufficiently ambitious.  I agree with Statto that criticisms of our manager's post match comments are tedious.
He pretty much sums up our repeated weaknesses. What more do you expect?

JoelH5

I'll tell you what is tedious.. it's tedious having the same people week in week out moan at people when they point out how poor we've been of late.

From last seasons showing I doubt anyone on here can say they didn't expect us to be higher up the table. It seems a bit strange to be having a go at people because they're expressing their dissapointment  with the team's form this season.

I think we're well in our right to be unhappy
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

As Mae West once said "it's not the man in my life but the life in my man..."

Boy have we lost the plot big time @ the start of this season

Joka, Khan's around in the UK

Ticking crocodile stalking you old chap, need to be "more solid" asap & get those wins chalked on the board!

COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

Khans only in England at the moment cause of that Circus the NFL, he just happened to pop into Fulham to show his Boat.  051
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Woolly

"When the boat come in, tho'w shall have a fishy, on a little dishy..."

When the boat comes in

Jack Ford, Horry Manners et al

Spoiler warning...

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 23, 2017, 09:38:23 PM
Some are only here to complain
They only post when we don't win and take a week off when we do!
Won't be long before we go on a 4-5 game winning streak to be free of their negativeness
Hope it is during my lifetime Brede (I rarely post now....can't compete with all the negativity).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 23, 2017, 06:24:21 PM

Then I couldn't care less about you because you're obviously a numpty

Not sure that was necessary!!!

You're probably right but the greater crime is just caring about the points.
Imagine a forum where the posts searched out the endeavour, the effort, the skill and tenacity of the team and let go of the occasional errors, bad luck and injustices. Looked forward to the next game. Premier league or Sunday league, it matters not. They are our team and we, their supporters not their critics.

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 23, 2017, 10:14:42 PM
I'll tell you what is tedious.. it's tedious having the same people week in week out moan at people when they point out how poor we've been of late.

From last seasons showing I doubt anyone on here can say they didn't expect us to be higher up the table. It seems a bit strange to be having a go at people because they're expressing their dissapointment  with the team's form this season.

I think we're well in our right to be unhappy

I did not have a go at anyone for expressing disappointment at our performances. I said that criticisms of Slav's post match summaries are becoming tedious. That is different. I'm as frustrated as the next person with our failure to close out and win games.