watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal Kicks. What is going on?

Started by Rambler, September 23, 2017, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Seriously what is up with our goal kicks. They are shocking.

Stereotyped very easily today - pass to Kalas or Ream on the edge of the box, they get put under pressure, passed back to the keeper who boots it 25 yards straight to a Middlesbrough player.

They were atrocious.
Note how Middlesbrough had 5 forward players pressurising the two centre backs and keeper every goal kick, maybe once in a while a long free kick may bypass all of this rubbish and give us a better chance of winning the ball higher up the pitch.

Twig

I agree and it was something I commented on today. In all honesty I think this is an area where Betts is stronger than Butts.

Woolly Mammoth

Agree with you both, it is a cause for concern, this is no coincidence, and needs to be addressed asap especially with the Forest and Rangers matches coming up in the next five days. ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I don't think there is a lot wrong with our goal kicks. If you boot it down the middle you don't win it at least 50% of the time

..FOF..

Quote from: Twig on September 23, 2017, 10:15:32 PM
I agree and it was something I commented on today. In all honesty I think this is an area where Betts is stronger than Butts.

My previous posts have a lot calling for a top keeper.

Betts and Button complements each other too much in terms of pros and cons.

Need a keeper that we can see without a doubt that he is THE number 1.

f bloke

I agree with Andy S , don't think there is a lot wrong with our goal kicks. The preference is to play out from the back, if we are pressed like we were at times yesterday, a return pass to the keeper is an option who can then play long at a time  when three or four opposing players are in advanced positions increasing the odds of winning the second ball when it is played long. I like the way the default is to play out from the back

toshes mate

Quote from: f bloke on September 24, 2017, 08:55:32 AM
The preference is to play out from the back, if we are pressed like we were at times yesterday, a return pass to the keeper is an option who can then play long at a time  when three or four opposing players are in advanced positions increasing the odds of winning the second ball when it is played long. I like the way the default is to play out from the back
Well said.  As good an explanation of the philosophy behind short goal kicks as I have heard or read anywhere.