News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what, in your opinion, do we need to change?

Started by JoelH5, September 23, 2017, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I'll start;

1. Learn to play 4-4-2. We all know we lack a plan B. Sometimes, when we're not scoring, I think a 4-4-2 could be a good option. I mean a proper, old fashioned 4-4-2. Fonte and AK up front together for example.

2. Stop playing Sess at LB. Now this is a difficult one. I think he's a great player going forward but I don't rate him defensively. I'd like to play him LM but couldn't drop Ayite for example.. not sure what to do on that front. For now I'd play Odoi LB and then Soares depending on how he gets on.

3. Shake up the goal kick. Be less predictable. We have strength up top to win the knock downs. It's ok to go long sometimes..

4. Play smarter. Week in week out gentleman Jim is moaning about how soft players go down. If there's contact, it can be a foul. Everyone else does it, we need to too. I'm not saying dive but if you feel contact, you don't always need to do all you can to stay on your feet.

5. Forget last season. We're not as good as we think. This is a new season. Start afresh and really fight to win games. We don't have any god given right to win.

Any others?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

grandad

We need both Fonte & Kamara up front so it has to be either 3-5-2 or 4-4.2 but not the dreaded diamond.
We missed so many chances with hardly anyone attacking the loads of cut backs & crosses into the danger areas.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on September 23, 2017, 10:57:13 PM
Disagree with all 5, sorry.

Play like we did today and we'll beat most teams. Norwood, Kamara, Fonte and Mollo will all get better as they continue to settle. We have Piazon and Soares to come in as well.

Hitting form takes time, especially after our poor pre-season, and selling a couple of the first XI. 

If/when Cairney comes back we will be fantastic.

Only problem for me is (A) another injury to Fonte or (B) Cairney being absent for a very long-term. Norwood may be the answer for (B). Otherwise I think the only remedy for either of those problems is in the January transfer window.

Out of interest can you explain please?

1. We don't need to work on a backup formation when things aren't working?
2  Keep Sess left back?
3. Never go long with the goal kick? They had 5 men pressing the back two today as they knew exactly where we were going
4. We don't need to get more streetwise?
5. Don't take things for granted because of last season?

Genuinely interested in your reasoning. Cheers
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham76

Play like we did today and we'll beat most teams. Norwood, Kamara, Fonte and Mollo will all get better as they continue to settle. We have Piazon and Soares to come in as well.

Hitting form takes time, especially after our poor pre-season, and selling a couple of the first XI. 

Only problem for me is (A) another injury to Fonte or (B) Cairney being absent for a very long-term. Norwood may be the answer for (B). Otherwise I think the only remedy for either of those problems is in the January transfer window.

How many chances did we create today? Very few is the answer.

AK's miss was disappointing, (didn't even hit the target), but about as close as we came all game. We got a few decent runs in behind them but never anyone to put the cross away. It reminded me of Paul Bracewell's Fulham i.e. Nice football but ineffective & we've been like that for a while.

The return of Cairney will improve things but playing nice football in front of the opposition won't get us promoted.

toshes mate

Cannot quarrel with any of this.