News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Good & the Bad & the Ugly from yesterday ......

Started by howitis, September 24, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Good
Kevin McDonald best player on the pitch by a long stretch. Such a significant player for us.
Sess after a couple of poor games, really bounced back yesterday and his attacking runs particularly in the first half created our most dangerous moments.
Overall thought Ream and Kalas once again had solid games.

Bad
Norwood found out by Brighton and needs to quickly be benched in this team. Not good enough and for large parts of this game he was completely lost.
Ojo very weak and in my book partly to blame for equaliser. He may come good but he looks well short at the moment and I'm very surprised he is starting - are we contractually obliged.
Fredericks looks a shadow of the player from last season, I wonder how much of that is down to the loss of Aluko. Scandalous that he was allowed to leave without getting an adequate replacement.
Fonte - where do I start. I'm afraid another player who cannot live up to the price tag. Can you honestly tell me that he was the type of striker that we needed ? So very very poor yesterday. Off th back of an injury so will give him benefit of the doubt but he never looked like he was going to find himself in a scoring position yesterday.

Ugly
Kamara miss from the best move of the match was alarmingly bad. Clean through and lashed at like an u10 player. This is a position where we needed experience and guaranteed goals. To be fair to the lad I think his movement improved things when he came on yesterday and hopefully his goal will hopefully  give him some confidence. If he was one for the future we should have purchased 2 more forwards to reduce the burden on him.
Finally the injury to Ayite was a real hammer blow. I believe he has been one of our better players this season so such a shame he has picked up the hamstring injury.

Overall conclusion, Fulham played well at times yesterday but we are toothless in attack and I can't see how this can change with the current players available.

Mince n Tatties

Some fair points in there,the Kamara miss was poor.
Fonte I thought was lost in the game,Mac was mom and Sess was superb also.
We need Cairney back big time.

Andy S

Looking at AK 47 he deserves credit for getting in the position in the first place. A 1on1 with the keeper always looks easier from the stands. I'm sure if he had that chance again he would score. It was all part of the excitement of yesterday. Quite enjoyable

FulhamStu

Very glass half empty view, agree that Ojo looks a little lightweight but Fonte held the ball very well, has good movement and you can see he is excellent technically.  Probably needs more support.  Kamara created more attacking threat for 15 mins that we had in the previous 75 and scored an outstanding header, jumping high and getting strong connection to a flighted ball.  It's obvious to me that Fred has been told to maintain defensive shape which is one reason we are conceding less and less of a threat going forward.  Sess is the one being given free reign to bomb on and Fred is being asked to cover more than before.

@jolslover

Some things I disagree with.
Thought Sess while good going forward was poor defensively. I thought both Norwood and Ojo were decent, Norwood doing especially well when Johansen came off and Ojo caused defenders problems.
Disagree about Fredericks. While today wasn't his best game he has been decent this season.
Also thought Fonte had a good game yesterday.
STH H3

filham

We matched Boro yesterday and there are lots of little ifs and buts for us to chew over but the single most important fact is WE NEED CAIRNEY BACK.

ScalleysDad

it will be dangerous to put all our eggs in the basket that is Tom Cairney. He was closed down quite easily in some games last season and when he returns a) he has an awful lot of catching up to do to be match fit and for his role match smart, b) he will need to redevelop the link with Johansen who himself is blowing a bit hold cold, c) we would have to hope no opposition manager has the gall to suggest to his midfield "tell you what guys, don't let him touch the ball twice".

lets look at his absence being for at least six more games as a minimum, possible with this timetable, we need another plan. 442? 

hovewhite

Not convinced there's a lot wrong apart from converting the chances created.
If you don't put chances away puts pressure on the rest of the team.
Football wise we've been as entertaining as last season,just need end product!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Last night I watched MOTD for the first time in a couple of years.  PS doesn't bother me anymore
There were a few very highly paid players spooning, slicing and miss-kicking golden opportunities.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

We need to learn to live without Tom Cairney and soldier on until he is back in shape.
He isn't the only player that plays for Fulham.
I shall be disappointed if Kamara does not start as Ayite is injured.
He scored a good goal, and although should have done better with his other chance, he got himself into a great position to receive the ball, by supporting the man on the ball.
Better players costing more money than him have missed easier chances.
The goal should have given him the flavour to want more.
As for Sess he has to play further forward, he is wasted at the back, plus I reckon Odoi is a better defender.
Jok needs to vary his tactics, Button is clearly instructed to pass or throw the ball out short, but our defence are closed down too quickly, and it ends up inevitably going back to Button who then ends up putting into to touch or it's wasted, so why doesn't he just hoof it up, instead of making a pigs ear with a short ball. It doesn't work any more, and certainly not in this Division. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Epsomwhites

You forget ream and kalas went for the same ball when boro scored, and kmc was marking the scorer. Fonte is class but we do not play to his strengths and AK took his goal well. All about opinions