Main Menu

How did FONTE play yesterday?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 24, 2017, 08:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Any opinions?

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Not particularly well. Needs games to sharpen up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

Lightweight.  No evident pace or threat.  Played better  when he dropped behind Kamara.  The latter was the real threat.

FulhamStu

Held the ball up well, has good movement and looks a very good player to me.  Maybe needs more support around him, agree he could work very well with Kamara in front of him.

@jolslover

I thought he was good, Intelligent player. Held up the ball well and runs off the ball good also.
STH H3

FFC1987

Glimpses of a good player. Not enough to make any sort of impact unfortunately. Not sure hes the out and out goalscorer we desperately crave.

MrD1879

Thought he played well but what it did show me was that he is much better in a deeper role which is worrying as in our system surely we want someone who can lead the line...
He linked up well with AK and could be the answer to our lack of creativity without Cairney although as said in other threads I can't see Slav going two up top

filham

Nothing to note really, could have been any one playing in that position, didn't do a lot wrong but never looked like getting a goal. Early days, must give him time to settle I suppose.

Now Kamara did look good when he came on and deserves a start on Tuesday, just a shame about the open goal he missed.

dhowells21

Quote from: MrD1879 on September 24, 2017, 11:30:21 AM
Thought he played well but what it did show me was that he is much better in a deeper role which is worrying as in our system surely we want someone who can lead the line...
He linked up well with AK and could be the answer to our lack of creativity without Cairney although as said in other threads I can't see Slav going two up top

I agree with this.

Struggled to get into the game when he was up top on his own, but looked very good when he was deeper.

Be interesting to see how he looks up top against weaker opposition. Whether Boro just kept him quiet or he is just better deeper..

hovewhite

To be fair to boro CBs wise were very good overall Gibson a good CB.

Skatzoffc

Great imo.
Worked extremely hard. Took on and beat a number of physical defenders and won corners. Got in plenty of meaty tackles.

Fed off scraps in the 1st half tho. And a poor touch at one point meant he missed on a chance of a goal.
Very good tho and great to see him back from his injury. Should be back to match sharpness next game.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Twig

Well I was less than impresssed until he dropped deeper. Up front he didn't get on to the end of any of the many crosses that came in (mainly from Sess on our left).  I don't really agree that he was feeding off scraps he just didn't seem sharp enough to get into goalscoring positions (or perhaps he needs more time to get familiar with our style of play). When he dropped in behind AK he linked up well and I agree with those who rate his ball control.

SuffolkWhite

Just back from injury I thought he did ok. I think the team have to get used to him still, he was asking for the ball often but not getting it. he was also looking for it to come the top but that only happened a couple of times. Hopefully the team will gel further on the next two games and we get some point on the board.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Bill2

Thought he did well, not sure if got any great opportunities even though we did put a fair few crosses in. But for a person not that big certainly held his own and won quite a few battles.

Mullers OG

He didn't look completely fit to me.  Not that that is surprising as he's coming back from an injury.  On the limited time I've had to see him he looks a really good player who will only improve as he gets fitter and more attuned to FFC's style of play.  I'm just waiting to see him having the chance to be on the end of some of TC's passes.

Matt10

He was brilliant. Honestly. He had few chances, but he set up plenty, and he also held the ball up well. He's deceptively strong, and maintains possession well. When he loses it, he doesn't give up. I'm not sure how anyone can say he did not look good. What match were you watching? Goodness.