watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rafa Soares - encouraging news

Started by Southcoastffc, September 25, 2017, 10:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Rafa Soares will make his first appearance in a Fulham jersey when the U23s take on Blackburn Rovers tonight in PL2.

The 22-year-old, who joined on a season-long loan from Porto, has been unavailable to play since signing for the club as a result of an ankle injury but has recently returned to training with the U23 side.

(From Get West London)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Slaphead in Qatar

Well that is good news. If no further set backs then we may see him in first team by mid October

snarks

After the international break was always the target I recall

Fernhurst

Can't wait....... so well regarded in Portugal - Let's hope he will be more Jim Langley and less Luke Garbutt
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

So, that means he could be available for three quarters of the season, bet we have paid for a season long loan.

JoelH5

I wonder if he'd get in over Sess. If so... does Sess get in over Ayite/Kebano?

Good problem to have
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Riverside

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 25, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
I wonder if he'd get in over Sess. If so... does Sess get in over Ayite/Kebano?

Good problem to have

Hopefully yes and yes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexW132

Very much looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. If he's up to the hype, then he'll be the best LB in the league.

Benny

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Both above posted at 10-22 and 14 secs...Spooky.

ToodlesMcToot

would imagine his sub at 60' was planned from the start. any news how he played within those 60 minutes?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Southcoastffc

From TIFF:

Soares played the first hour in a 4-0 defeat. It is safe to say he is a very attacking full back. He spent more time in their box than in our own. He showed a couple of nice touches and was also involved our best move of the first half. Overall it was an exercise in getting fit and not getting injured against a very physical Blackburn team. I think him and Sess could wreak havoc down the left hand side, but hard to judge too much on tonight.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc

The PL2 team doesn't seem to be doing that great.  One win,  one tie in seven matches.  Not a great start to the season.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 25, 2017, 10:46:49 PM
From TIFF:

Soares played the first hour in a 4-0 defeat. It is safe to say he is a very attacking full back. He spent more time in their box than in our own. He showed a couple of nice touches and was also involved our best move of the first half. Overall it was an exercise in getting fit and not getting injured against a very physical Blackburn team. I think him and Sess could wreak havoc down the left hand side, but hard to judge too much on tonight.
this sounds very promising. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

Sounds as if neither would be good at defending. Plenty of crosses and still nobody to actually put them away.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

WE shouldn't expect miracles from him immediately.
He needs  a chance to acclimatise.

res

Quote from: love4ffc on September 25, 2017, 10:51:58 PM
The PL2 team doesn't seem to be doing that great.  One win,  one tie in seven matches.  Not a great start to the season.   

The problem with the PL2 league is that squads (especially ours) get decimated by players going out on loan/places made available for first teamers coming back from injury/ Academy players/ late withdrawals to support the first team squad, meaning that teams put out are a collection of players rather than a team (our "squad" last night at Blackburn is a good example). The "U23" label is irrelevant and misleading. The consequent problem is that those consistently playing for the U23s in a jumbled up squad (such as ours) get into a losing mentality. One escape route is, perhaps, the much maligned Checkatrade trophy where we can preserve an "U23" squad and see how they get on in a more competitive environment...but how up and coming players get proper playing experience is still an issue for all clubs, not just ours.

toshes mate

A really sensible comment from 'res' just above me.  As for Soares then let's see him fit and available for first team duty before making rash judgements - any which way.

Luka

On the few occasions I have watched PL2, its been much less physical than first team football (and the ref's really make sure it is), however it is fast and skillful
The PL2 is a great tool for bringing players through, generating fitness and improving movement and ball skills.
That said, I think the jump to up to 1st team football is a very big one.