Marcel_Gecov

Butts
Fred Kalas Ream Odoi
             Kmac
       Johansen Norwood
Ojo                        Kebano
              AK47

Bench: Betts, Sess R, Madl, Edun, Cisse, Mollo, Fonte

I saw Fonte was holding his groin so I would bench him if there's any doubt with a view to him starting vs QPR (If not then play Johansen and Kmac together and Fonte number 10 in place of Norwood who nudges Edun off the bench)  - I would also look to take Kmac off around the hour mark if we are winning well to get Cisse in and then start Cisse vs QPR in place of Norwood. 2 games in 4 days or whatever is a nightmare.

f bloke

Why would you drop Sess for Odoi, I thought he was our best player on Saturday. I think both Odois defensive strengths and Sess defensive weaknesses are much overstated and Odoi offers very little offensive threat, particularly at LB

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: f bloke on September 26, 2017, 10:32:57 AM
Why would you drop Sess for Odoi, I thought he was our best player on Saturday. I think both Odois defensive strengths and Sess defensive weaknesses are much overstated and Odoi offers very little offensive threat, particularly at LB

Because he played 90 minutes on Saturday and we have 3 games in 7 days. So it's a question of general rotation, Sess would be back in on Friday (possibly LW). He is only 17 and will get burnt out if we play him to much.

Chutney

is Ojo undroppable? If Ayite is injured I'd like to see Sess and Kebano as our wide men, Sess is looks excellent attacking and Kebano is always capable of scoring, Ojo is underwhelming for me.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on September 26, 2017, 11:16:29 AM
is Ojo undroppable? If Ayite is injured I'd like to see Sess and Kebano as our wide men, Sess is looks excellent attacking and Kebano is always capable of scoring, Ojo is underwhelming for me.

Well, in the world where my opinion means anything (it doesn't) I'm dropping the 17 year old to the bench and will start him against QPR at LW. These two games need to be viewed together really as we will probably need to make 5 changes between the two games and I cant play Sess 3 times in a week. It's schedules like this where we really miss Piazon IMO.

I tossed up between Ojo and giving Mollo another run out as I've been impressed by Mollo and perhaps I should have gone down that root. The exciting thing about that front line is that we can mix and match to an extent and we have a new option to play with. But for me, Kebano is the only one who is guaranteed a start.

J.Perkins

Would never happen, but:

Button

Odoi, Kalas, Ream

Fredericks, McDonald, Norwood, Sessegnon

Kebano, Fonte, Mollo

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 26, 2017, 11:57:52 AM
Would never happen, but:

Button

Odoi, Kalas, Ream

Kebano, Fonte, Mollo

We dont play 3 at the back and it would require alot of training to implement it plus you are either losing the third midfielder (Cairney essentially) or your playing him on the right which doesnt work (refer to: Symons season).

Horsfield_No9

I'd like to see Mollo, AK and Fonte all start and properly attack them from the off.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 26, 2017, 12:01:20 PM
Would never happen, but:

Button

Odoi, Kalas, Ream

Kebano, Fonte, Mollo

We dont play 3 at the back and it would require alot of training to implement it plus you are either losing the third midfielder (Cairney essentially) or your playing him on the right which doesnt work (refer to: Symons season).

We aren't winning playing 4 at the back. Jokanovic has been known to use the 3 at the back before. This system is because we don't have Cairney, and our biggest problem is only having 1 system.

Rather take a risk than keep on drawing. Can't get much worse.

twang

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 26, 2017, 12:01:20 PM
Would never happen, but:

Button

Odoi, Kalas, Ream

Kebano, Fonte, Mollo

We played 3-5-2 a few times last season. Reading and Cardiff (in the cup) away springs to mind.

However I'd go with:

Button
Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi
McDonald - Johansen/Norwood
Mollo - Fonte - Kebano
Kamara

Subs: Bettinelli, Djalo/Madl, Sessegnon, Johansen/Norwood, Cisse, Ojo & Graham

Neil D

As long as Kamara starts.  I think he is ideally suited to playing up front on his own - much more so than the rather lightweight (physically, more than anything else) Fonte.

We Are Premier League

I would go for some squad rotation.

Button
Odoi - Kalas - Ream - sess
McDonald - Johansen - Norwood
Mollo - Fonte - Kebano

JoelH5

Quote from: Neil D on September 26, 2017, 12:14:24 PM
As long as Kamara starts.  I think he is ideally suited to playing up front on his own - much more so than the rather lightweight (physically, more than anything else) Fonte.

It's crazy how one game can change everything. Before the Middlesborugh game everyone was excited for Fonte to be back.

Personally I'd play...

- Button -
- Fredricks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi -
- McDonald -
- Johansen - Norwood - Sess
- Fonte - AK -
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Marcel_Gecov

Well it can, its called the 10 places below us, the 16 teams which have conceded more and the 19 teams which have lost more.

We need to rotate, of course we do. You're right professionals players should be able to handle multiple games, but putting in fresh players is far better than not. Sess is also 17 and will need a rest at some point.

brightster

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2017, 12:55:54 PM
I don't see us needing to rotate. Professional footballers can handle multiple games in a week just like they can handle jet lag after internationals abroad.

For me

Button
Fred - Kalas - Ream - Sess
McDonald - Johansen
Fonte
Ojo - Kamara - Kebano

I would go with that as well.

Also don't forget QPR are playing tonight at Barnsley tonight and that won't be easy, our squad is stronger than there's IMO, so think we should go all out tonight with our strongest team available and worry about a Friday tomorrow!

J.Perkins

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 26, 2017, 01:26:25 PM

Well it can, its called the 10 places below us, the 16 teams which have conceded more and the 19 teams which have lost more.

We need to rotate, of course we do. You're right professionals players should be able to handle multiple games, but putting in fresh players is far better than not. Sess is also 17 and will need a rest at some point.

Anywhere below 6th is a failure. Doesn't matter if you finish 7th through to 21st. For a team like ours, any of those positions is a failure.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 26, 2017, 02:41:51 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 26, 2017, 01:26:25 PM

Anywhere below 6th is a failure. Doesn't matter if you finish 7th through to 21st. For a team like ours, any of those positions is a failure.

I didn't say that not being successful is fine, of course it isnt. The quote was: Rather take a risk than keep on drawing. Can't get much worse. which is clearly not true.

The team is gelling and with Soares, Cairney and a fit Fonte we will be a different team all together as yo can start playing Sess in LW and have our strongest midfield/ attack. As SJ said in his interview, no need to have a Plan B if it isn't as strong as your Plan B - which it isnt.

westcliff white

I reckon he will start

Button

Fredericks
Ream
Kalas
Sess

Mcdonald
Johansson
Norwood

Mollo
Kebano
Fonte

Subs
Betts
Djalo
Odoi
Graham
Ojo
Kamara
Cisse
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on September 26, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
I reckon he will start

Button

Fredericks
Ream
Kalas
Sess

Mcdonald
Johansson
Norwood

Mollo
Kebano
Fonte

Subs
Betts
Djalo
Odoi
Graham
Ojo
Kamara
Cisse

+1 on Mollo, I've decided I was wrong and should have put Mollo in.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2017, 03:22:16 PM
Are we predicting the team or giving our own personal preference? As to the former Surely we all know with Joka it will be the same 11 that started Saturday, given we played well. Except to the extent a change is forced, ie Kebano in for the injured Ayite I assume. I will eat my hat if he starts Mollo.
i always say it isnt what I would pick but what I reckon Joka would pick, as i think thats far easier
Every day is a Fulham day