more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from QPR

Started by terryr, September 28, 2017, 09:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

There isnt much but what I've found , I've posted
I'll check at the end of the day and update if there's anything more of interest

I know its more likely going to be picked out of Ollies tombola but what are peoples preferred line ups?
-----------------------Smithies---------------

-----Baptiste---------Caulker---------Robinson

Wzolek--------------------------------------Bidwell

-----------------------Scowen--------------------

-----------Mass---------------------Freeman-------

------------Mackie-------------Sylla/Smith-------------

" mackie needs to be replaced , sylla and wash up front , bring on smith if needed"

" agree with that except for the chest beater. replace him for wheeler."

" Essential we give them Fck all down the left hand side."

" This is one game I'll be delighted with a draw. Fulham will be in the top 6 come may"

" That counts Mackie out then."

" If Cairney is injured still that would be a boost
Could see smith Bullying their CBs if given right service"

" Rangers 10 I think if we played that team we would beat the fools

He won't pick that team though mate nailed on"

" The love child will start as he always does,and probably up front with denzil, so scoring goals will again be a problem, have we nit won any of our last 4 or 5 (I can't remember )and are sliding down the table I'd say a draw would be decent but now I think we need a win against somebody,and that somebody is our next opponent."

" One thing is for sure Furlong should be nowhere near the starting 11 as they are very good down the wings and that could destroy us completely."

" There is noway Washington, Mackie and Furlong should be playing if we want to win. But Ollie is very obstinate so expect two of them to start and nothing to happen until we are chasing the game and the front two are substituted and we are chasing the game.
Another "oh we played so well and were unlucky game"."

"No one else decent would take the job,we are stuck with Holloway but rest assured we are in for a relegation battle."

" According to Wiki (so may not be 100% bang up to date) Ollie's record in his second coming is 14-7-22.
Now whilst we have seen an improvement on last season in results and performances (aside from League Cup, Norwich and last few games) we have been no more than bang average and are on a run of 3 points from 5 games and those 3 points were against poor sides in games we really should have won or at least got 7 points from in total. No wins in last 12 away games.
Not sure why happy clappers drooling so much over Ollie. They cite lack of spending but squad largely intact and was added to in January and few more over summer. Yes we have weaknesses but overall should have a capable team. A league run of 3-4-3 is hardly over performing. If our current dip continues we will arguably be under performing.
I wouldn't advocate getting rid of Ollie just yet. Need a bit longer to properly gauge either way this season but jury has to be out based on his record. He really should have been gone after last season so has been given the gift of a second chance. With any luck he can take it.
Overall things looking good at club for reasons others have set out. We just need to ensure we have the right manager."

" Ill be honest I'm not a big ollie fan, however through either his fault or DOF our signings upfront are poor. Now the bottom line is ollie and co do the training simply work out your best options up front and go from there as coaching experimenting should be done there. washington and mackie aint working so why switch to it last night?
secondly start with a team that starts well not mix it all up at HT imo thats whoever job it is to scout opponents to get a starting line up with how they play in mind. and stop having one eye on the next game in mind with your starting 11 as it aint complicated to work out."

" Six points from the last five games isn't it? And only lost one of those games to one of the promotion favourites.
Please don't think I'm being a happy clapper drooling over IH though. There are a lot of us on the fence."

" Which is what I'm saying. I would have got rid of him last season. He was absolutely appalling appointment and almost took us down with his incompetence.

However we have seen improvement so happy to give it another couple of months to see how he does. So far we have been bang average which for me is least I would expect with our squad. We do though need to pick it up after more recent results or my fear is we will go into some kind of slump as we did last season and which Ollie seemed unable to drag us out of.
Love his passion but view him as very limited at this level."

" Genuine question, when was the last time we weren't bang average and what was different beside the manager?"

" Redknapp's promotion season (mainly down to Austin)
Before that...
Warnock's promotion season (mainly down to Taraabt)"

" If we finish where we are now, it will be an excellent season. And a point away at Barnsley is a decent result. That said, i do feel there's a lack of buz round the place ....but been like that for a bit now."

" My god this forum is depressing"

" In fairness sheff Utd sit second having done similar with signings We really need to get past the excuse (not based at olly but in general) that not spending means we cant compete and that we will sit bottom end of table. Just means we have to work harder on training pitch improving what we have"

" Slightly better than I would have expected at the start of the season tbh. I honestly thought we were bang in trouble this season, but we have started well (albeit fizzled out slightly of late). Overall, pretty happy tbf."

" Why does everyone keep harping on about injuries. The midfield 3 last night is the best we got. The forwards Mackie Washington and Smith are all fit. Ollie says Sylla is injured but rarely plays him anyway. Wszolek is no. 1 choice. Left wing/back is a bit of a sore point with either a left back playing there or 3 or 4 others not taking their chances to keep that position even when fit and given the chance. (Lua Lua, Yeni, Bright) Shodipo will probably not feature and be loaned out again in January. So for me the only players that would come back in once fit are Onouha, Lynch, Perch, Hall. All defenders. The midfield and forward line is pretty much how it will be even if we have everybody fit. As has been proved since Ollie took over. Even the new guy Wheeler can't get a game when the other forwards aren't scoring. If i have left anyone out please feel free to tell me."

" Why? any team that has pretty much all of their defense wiped out would struggle let alone strikers out and others, seen enough of people slating us when we`ve done well against someone to bang on about they had a couple of main players out, but its different when its us!"

"  Injuries are merely an excuse defenders aside everyone Ollie likes is their to be picked. Injuries in defence but at current time it's not the primary concern"

" We have injuries but have good goalie, strong midfield and wingers. Defence struggling and weak upfront but with latter Ollie doesn't make the most of it. Even if Smith had a slight injury should have played at least 45 mins. Mackie on his own or with CW just gives us no presence notwithstanding their willingness to run. I don't get it. Makes us so weak and nowhere near enough threat."

" It appears fulham fans are only paying £27/29 for tickets for the upper tier of the School end ,when we are being charged £34 to sit in the Upper Loft , their tickets are on general sale ,so its not like FFC are subsidising tickets to their sth s or members . Whats all this about ?"

" So basically the School End is a Silver ticket and the Loft is a Gold ?"

" Dunno mate , maybe theyve sold out their Golds"

" Bit unfair unless they don't get Piri Piri chicken in the away end..."

" Anyone who sat through that shite on Saturday should be thanked as that was worthy of a mass walk such was the level his team showed. Highlight of the game was Falco at half time and the loon who got onto the pitch."

" We had no need to encourage the back four as they were quite competent enough. Does he expect us to cheer a misplaced pass or lost tackle. When we play good football the backing is there.
You cannot find anything to cheer on Saturday. We only seem to get better when the subs come on. If the team was selected right this wouldn't be happening. Ollie has got to stop being stubborn
and also making strange decisions like playing Yeni in midfield."

" im afraid we are in for a good tonking
holloway is a disgrace,an absolute disgrace he buys a player called wheeler first game he scores one then nearly gets two more an yet he then decides to drop him only to re instate him as a sub and not use him
and before anybody says but hes injured
this is only the tip of the iceberge
holloway dosnt seem to be able to select a team that is full of his best players,we are going to finish mid table with holloway and no its not good enough

HE COULDNT BEAT BURTON ALBION THEY GOT TURNED OVER BY VILLA 4-0 AT HOME WHAT IS GOING WRONG ,YOU CAN ONLY BLAME THE MANAGER HES A LOVELY GUY ILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM BUT HES JUST NOT A MANAGER"

" Mid table was the best most on this forum hoped for so the club is delivering
I personally think we can do better as our shape is very good we haven't been outplayed in any game so far
Fickle Ted go to bed"

" Doesn't take long does it?

"We still have more points after 10 games than many expected and Ted just for balance Burton beat Fulham last week........"

" If we finish mid-table with this lot I'll be delighted..."

"   Fulham scored three at Forest tonight.
Dare we hope we turn up and even win for the first time in living memory against local rivals on Friday?"

That's it for today
Will update as and when

Updated below

" Will those pesky cottagers be allowed to stroll from Hammersmith to the Bush unchallenged AGAIN!?"

" Why do that when the 4 of you can get an Uber?"

" Always a good laugh seeing a Fulham fan try and make some big rivalry out of us. Run along now Rupert"

" What's funnier is you lot imagining a derby with Chelsea
We will take liberties all over the bush as per"

" Have Fulham actually got any sort of firm I've never heard of it myself
What will they do arm up with prawn sandwiches and throw them at us lol
Go back to your pims you melt."

" Being threatened by a Fulham fan is a bit like being threatened by a Yorkshire terrier really isn't it
So funny don't really hate Fulham as a club but the fans are so deluded jokers"

" Please tell me there are no QPR fans on there message boards mugging themselves off like this geezer
Genuine Fulham fans reading this geezers posts will be embarrassed"

" If they get a result tomorrow he will be back unless admin do their job"

"this is exactly why i'm in liverpool this weekend. fulham are rougher than millwall. the reason no one ever hears about it is coz no witnesses are ever left alive ..."

" Must have missed something...I didn't realise Fulham fans were such a menace! I'm really worried now, what will I do?"

"  Probably laughing at this with his friends before they all get picked up by their mums and home to bed ready for school in the morning. "Oh come on Tarquin time your friends went home you need you bath and bed time story"

" Ahhh how sweet, the foolham muppets are copying this page onto their site.
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...?topic=61926.0"

"There is not much because we don't care
Wonder if they have copied the one of there fan making dick of himself"

" For me it's got 2-1 / 3-1 Fulham written all over it, I just hope I'm wrong & that unlike a lot of the recent derbys on Sky that we're actually in the game for longer than 5 mins.
Not sure Ollie still knows his best XI or tactics + injury's so who knows what we will lineup with, i hope Mackie doesn't start but as Ollie seems to be having after training relations with him I guess he'll get the nod.

Smithies

Bids
Baptiste
Robinson
Furlong

Scowen
Luongo
Wzsolek
Lua Lua

Freeman
Sylla

" I'm also dreading that we might be in for a battering.
On paper we're both pretty even, but recent history with Derby's hasen't been favourable to us.
I'll reluctantly say 2-0 Fulham"

" Worringly, Foulhamlet seem to be recovering from their poor start."

" I also think this game has Foolham written all over it !
Olli tends to stick with the same, so starting 11 for me will be:

Smithies

Bids
Baptiste
Robinson
Caulker

Scowen
Luongo
Wzsolek
Freeman

Mackie
DC

If forwards fire blanks, which I fear they might, Smith will be introduced in 2nd half"

" Why all the gloomy forecasts? I think we'll be well up for this one, have a rip-roaring start, and win 2-1, though hanging on at the end. On their day Luongo and Freeman are a match for any midfield in this league, especially on our own patch. I hope Smith starts, as he'll surely want to make his mark against his old club - I'd pair him with Sylla (if fit) and go with plenty of width. After two goalless games, we need to shake off a few cobwebs, and I think we will."

" I agree with the notion of starting Smith against his old team. Plus they are a pretty handy ball playing team so I am not sure our usual first half build-up play and aspirations to pass the ball through their back four are going to work. I'd like to see Lynch in and Wszolek rested. I'd go for:

Smithies
Baptiste
Bidwell
Scowen
Robinson
Lynch
Luongo
Freeman
Wheeler
Mackie
Smith

" Smithies

Baptiste
Caulker
Lynch

Wszolek
Robinson (Wingbacks)

Luongo
Scowen (sat a bit deeper)
Freeman

Sylla
Washington

A bit of a gamble having two players who haven't played much in the back 3 but i think it's the strongest option and frees Robinson up to play as a wingback where i'd fancy him to be more effective than Bidwell."

" Why not, Freeman is our biggest goal threat our most creative player we should be building the team around him like we did with Taarabt, it will make his life a lot easier playing in the hole off a target man instead of having to cut in from out wide having to beat two defenders everytime he wants to get a shot away.
He would be more affective in a free role off the striker like Taarabt was not stuck 50-60yrds away from goal every game having to beat defenders and make angles to get a shot away."

" I feel we'll get the best out of Freeman as an attacking CM rather than expecting him to do battle with CBs.
He's also part of the best bit of the team by far - our midfield 3 - who have quickly developed a fantastic understanding between them. It would be madness to break that up."

" Washington will start.Ollie's been resting him for this game. Mackie and Washington upfront a certainty
Mackie also been rested. Mackie will give it his all and will really up his game.
Smith will come on at 70 minutes almost whatever.
Wildcard is Wheeler.Pave is after Luongo our best player,but he looks all wrong at the moment.
Wheeler to start with Pav as a possible sub.
Pav just get into their penalty box.then do what you want you will cause havok...."

" Not sure the Washington/Mackie pressing combination would be so effective against Fulham - think Smith should start, and would go for :-

Smithies

Furlong
Baptiste
Lynch

Wzsolek
Scowen
Luongo
Freeman
Bidwell

Smith
Wheeler

" 3-1 to us. Heart says. Ignoring head"

Thats it for QPR
COYWs!!!

mrmicawbers

Thanks for that much appreciated.Your right very quiet on their message boards.I don't believe many of them think they will beat us.Love to smash them.COYW

BedsFFC

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 28, 2017, 10:34:52 AM
Thanks for that much appreciated.Your right very quiet on their message boards.I don't believe many of them think they will beat us.Love to smash them.COYW

Not much on theirs but other than a debate about pricing, this is the only one on ours.

I remember growing up and occasionally meeting people who were completely obsessed with their team. A FFC / QPR game would be a big thing. Loads of talk at least two weeks before. Desperate to win (and yes, which mob was going to do that mob etc)
I think QPR are probably our closest rivals but there is little or no build up.

I guess everyone just has more to their lives these days. I take my son to games (he's 17). I really dont think he will go if I dont.

Maybe brings us back to pricing. And to a certain extent sitting down. I remember being his age and moving around the ground where it seemed more exciting, or if you were stuck near some grumpy old git.

Anyway, we are both going. When the game kicks off I will be desperate as hell for us to get the 3 points.

Bassey the warrior

Would be Fulhamish to lose and then QPR go on a good run. I'm hoping that's the old Fulham.

_Putney_

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 28, 2017, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 28, 2017, 10:34:52 AM

Not much on theirs but other than a debate about pricing, this is the only one on ours.

I remember growing up and occasionally meeting people who were completely obsessed with their team. A FFC / QPR game would be a big thing. Loads of talk at least two weeks before. Desperate to win (and yes, which mob was going to do that mob etc)
I think QPR are probably our closest rivals but there is little or no build up.

I guess everyone just has more to their lives these days. I take my son to games (he's 17). I really dont think he will go if I dont.

Maybe brings us back to pricing. And to a certain extent sitting down. I remember being his age and moving around the ground where it seemed more exciting, or if you were stuck near some grumpy old git.

Anyway, we are both going. When the game kicks off I will be desperate as hell for us to get the 3 points.

There's lots of talk on our other forums...

terryr