https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (02/10/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 02, 2017, 06:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Tottenham to make new Sessegnon bid

Tottenham will make a fresh bid to sign Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon even though his asking price could reach £50million, according to the Sun.

The newspaper claim Spurs have been keeping a close eye on the 17-year-old sine he made his debut a year ago and made a move for him during the summer.

The Sun claim the Premier League giants still want Sessegnon and could make another move in the January window even though he chose to sign a new three-year deal at Craven Cottage and carry on playing at Championship level.

It is said that Tottenham plan to prise Sessegnon from Fulham as early as January as they regard him so highly, due to his similarities to their former superstar Gareth Bale.

Good move for Tottenham?

All the signs are that Sessegnon is that rarity, a young English player whose potential is off the scale. The Londoner has created a lot of buzz since his debut senior campaign ended with him named in the Championship team of the season, a stunning achievement for someone who did not even turn 17 until May. The word at Fulham since Sessegnon was 14 was that they had a player on their hands who was the best graduate yet of an academy that has also produced Moussa Dembele and Patrick Roberts in recent seasons.

This Is Futbol rating: 9/10

Likely to happen?

There is a stampede of interest in the left-sided flyer with the world at his feet. Liverpool and Manchester United have been strongly linked with Sessegnon, and Tottenham will have to pay big money as well as seduce the teenager with a plan to make the most of his immense talent. Pochettino will be key. The Argentine has a proven track record for developing young players and knows how to make stars rather than simply buy them.

This Is Futbol rating: 7/10

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/10/blogs/premier-league/tottenham-to-make-new-sessegnon-bid/

WhiteJC

Fulham braced for huge bids for young star as Spurs become latest club interested

Premier League Spurs could make a summer move for Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon, according to the Sun.

The 17-year-old has been in superb form once again this year following his breakout campaign last season, and despite signing a new deal with the Cottagers, could well be on the move this summer.

However, the report also claims that his asking price could reach a whopping £50m, but it is thought that Spurs are not put off by what they see as being a huge investment for their future.

Sessegnon, who plays predominantly as a left back, has drawn comparisons with Gareth Bale for his style of play and energetic displays down the left hand side. Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic will no doubt be wanting to keep hold of his man for as long as possible, but will inevitably know he will lose him eventually.

Fulham got back to winning ways on Friday night with a 2-1 win at London rivals QPR. They will be hoping that Sessegnon can fire them towards a playoff place this season after missing out last term in the semi-finals, going down to 1-o to Reading over two legs.

The Verdict

Sessegnon will move to the Premier League eventually, it's just a case of when and for how much.

He is a top talent, and a move to Spurs might be the best option for him with the chance to work under Mauricio Pochettino one which could be too good to turn down.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-braced-for-huge-bids-for-young-star-as-spurs-become-latest-club-interested/

WhiteJC

LFC youngster has suffered a nasty injury while playing in the Championship

Unfortunately, Sheyi Ojo dislocated his shoulder while playing for Fulham on Friday night , reports Sky Sports.

The winger, still the most expensive 14-year-old in the history of football, is on loan at the Championship side for the campaign, but is now likely to be out for up to three months.

Ojo went to hospital immediately and it's unlikely that he'll play again in 2017.

The news is a serious blow to the 20-year-old, who's perhaps not progressed in the manner Liverpool hoped since he scored a wonderful FA Cup goal in January 2016.

Jurgen Klopp gave Ojo eight Premier League appearances in 2015/16, but none last term, with Ben Woodburn climbing above him in the pecking order.

Ojo is talented and has tremendous physical attributes, but injuries have stunted his development.

Hopefully, he'll get fit again and get back in Fulham's team after Christmas – as if he doesn't dominate in the Championship – we'll know he has no future at Liverpool.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/10/01/lfc-youngster-has-suffered-a-nasty-injury-while-playing-in-the-championship/

WhiteJC

Tottenham to make fresh approach for long-term target but asking price may prove stumbling block

Tottenham Hotspur are still interested in Fulham wing-back Ryan Sessegnon and could return with a new bid for the starlet next summer, according to The Sun.

However, the Cottagers may ask for a staggering £50 million for his services and are determined to keep hold of their prize asset.

It remains to be seen whether that will put off Spurs from pursuing the 17-year-old, who only signed his first professional contract in June of this year.

Having joined Fulham’s under-nine team back in 2008, Sessegnon made his debut for the club last season at the age of just 16.

He quickly established himself in the side and went on to make 30 appearances in all competitions across the campaign, scoring seven goals and providing four assists for his team-mates.

Perhaps his most memorable performance for the Whites to date came against last season’s Championship winners Newcastle United in March, as he bagged two goals in a crucial 3-1 away victory.

This term he has featured in every match, finding the net once in a draw with Cardiff City and also laying on two assists in clashes with Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest.

Able to play up and down the left flank, Sessegnon has already made an impact at international level and was part of the successful England under-19 team that emerged triumphant from this summer’s European Championships.

He could serve as a long-term replacement for Danny Rose at Tottenham, with the 27-year-old yet to feature this season thanks to a knee problem.

Spurs have made an overall positive start to the new campaign and sit third in the Premier League table after seven matches.

They thrashed Huddersfield Town 4-0 on Saturday and host Bournemouth at Wembley on October 14 following the international fixtures.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/tottenham-make-fresh-approach-long-term-target-asking-price-may-prove-stumbling-block/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic says experienced Ipswich Town and Cardiff City managers are 'kind people' for praising Fulham

Neil Warnock recently spoke about expecting Fulham to get promoted this season

After a sluggish start to the season, back-to-back wins have put Fulham into the top ten in the Championship and in the promotion mix.

The Whites were fancied by many to pick up where they left off last season - when they were beaten in the play-off semi-final by Reading - but like last year they have had a slow start to the new campaign.

However, just one defeat in their last seven has put them back in contention towards the top end of the table.

Boss men: Mick McCarthy (L) Slavisa Jokanovic

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock was the latest person to speak in glowing terms about Slavisa Jokanovic and Fulham, and the Whites boss does not mind other people talking up his side.

He said: "I spoke with Neil Warnock when we played at home he told me Cardiff were going to be promoted!

"These experienced managers when I have a chance to meet them in the Championship, like him, Harry Redknapp, Mick McCarthy, I'm very happy when I have the chance to chat with them, I respect what they're doing and I can be satisfied when I hear positive words from their side about my team, but I know very well that football is not past, it's not future, it's present and this is how they are talking, about how Fulham played last season, but what's important is what's in front of us.

"They are kind people, I can be satisfied, and I'm sure when I meet these people next time they'll try and sell me a trick and try to beat me!

"In general it's great news where some people are talking about your team."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-says-experienced-ipswich-13701907

WhiteJC

Assessing the season so far
by Lydia on October 1, 2017

The end of a weekend is always better off the back of a Fulham victory, isn't it? And with the victory coming in a very competitive derby match against local rivals QPR, the taste of 3-points is even sweeter! Despite the frustration of missing another penalty, particularly against QPR (that's four missed in three games against the same team which must be an unwanted record of some sort), we managed to find the winner through Stefan Johansen's quality finish from the edge of the box. QPR had their chances but overall, we were the better team and probably should have won by a more comfortable margin.

We can look at the nature of the result in one of two ways; either we take the pessimistic 'I can't believe we nearly threw that away' or the optimistic 'fair play to the players for seeing through the victory with their backs to the wall'. I'm going to go for the optimistic approach and, as a friend pointed out to me after the game, the pre-Jokanovic Fulham would have most likely either drawn or lost that game. I do think that our habit of conceding late goals is a worry but I still think that the way we defended in those last minutes on Friday night shows real desire and passion from the team.

We are now 11 games into the season and at our second international break, so I thought that it was a good time to have another check on our progress in comparison to last season in terms of results against the same teams and not just at this stage last season. As we have now played two of last years relegated sides from the Premier League, I have compared results against them with the results from the corresponding promoted sides. In simpler terms, see below-

First placed Newcastle compared with Hull who finished 18th in the PL.
    Second placed Brighton compared with Middlesbrough who finished 19th in the PL
    Play-off winners Huddersfield compared with Sunderland who finished 20th in the PL

The reason I look at the table in this way is to try and have a fair comparison of both seasons. Our start this year was extremely tough so why compare it with our easier start from last year? See the table below-

As you can see, we are actually two points better off compared to last year against the same teams. The Burton Albion defeat was very hard to take, but we have gained points on Reading, Notts Forest and QPR as well as getting a point from Middlesbrough compared to losing against Brighton last year. We still have Cairney to come back and have other injury worries but I think all in all we should be happy about how things are going so far. We now have two weeks away from club football which should give a few of our boys a rest as well as allowing some of our injured players a chance to recover and regain some fitness before our next league game against Preston at home on the 14th October. The future is bright.

COYW

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/10/assessing-the-season-so-far/

WhiteJC

England Confirm Sheyi Ojo Will Not Play Against The Auld Enemy & Andorra

The English Football Association has confirmed that Sheyi Ojo has been ruled out of the upcoming 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifiers.

Ojo will miss games against Scotland and Andorra in October after suffering an injury in his last game for Fulham in the EFL Championship.

The Liverpool loanee was stretchered off the pitch on Friday night in the Cottagers' 2-1 road win over Bright Osayi-Samuel's Queens Park Rangers, and initial prognosis is that he has dislocated his shoulder, which would keep him on the sidelines for many weeks.

Ojo would have added to his solitary international cap for England U21s which came against Latvia on September 5 if the shoulder injury did not force him to withdraw from the squad.

England will face Scotland at Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough FC on Friday, October 6 before they travel for another qualifier against Andorra four days later.

Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ademola Lookman (Everton) and Dominic Solanke (Liverpool) are the players of Nigerian descent named to the U21 roster by manager Aidy Boothroyd

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24847

WhiteJC

Fulham demand whopping £50m for wonderkid and Spurs transfer target Ryan Sessegnon

Daniel Levy will have to get his chequebook out in a big way to sign the teenager

Fulham have slapped a whopping and frankly ridiculous £50m price tag on wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon's head if Spurs - and Manchester United - want to sign the in-demand star.

The 17-year-old recently signed a new deal at Craven Cottage as Spurs sniffed around him this summer but now that he has been tied down, the Cottagers have whacked the astronomic price tag on their prized asset.

(Image: GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images)

Signing Sessegnon would eclipse by some distance the £42m Spurs shelled out to sign Davinson Sanchez and according to the Sun, £50m is what it will take to get left back/winger Sessegnon.

Spurs tried to sign the youngster before he made his Fulham debut but didn't get anywhere with the player who has been compared to Gareth Bale.

He has gone on to make 25 appearances for Fulham since his pro debut, with five goals from left back, as Mauricio Pochettino and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho ponder making a big move, but the price tag may well put both off doing so in January.

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/fulham-demand-whopping-50m-wonderkid-13702728