watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Parking Meters

Started by filham, October 10, 2017, 03:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Anyone know the situation with parking meters near the Cottage.
Up until the last home game they were only taking the old pound coins, have they been changed yet.

TheDaddy

The 020 7371 5678 telephone help line is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, and Saturday, 9am to 5pm.

Contact us about parking | LBHF - Hammersmith and Fulham Council

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/parking/contact-us-about-parking
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

gang

Hammersmith & Fulham have said that their machines do not yet accept the new pound coins, you can pay with the old pound or over the phone using Paygo.

HamsterWheel

People pay to park? Free in area X on this map and generally easy to find a space as long as you're a good hour before kickoff.
https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/sites/default/files/section_attachments/parking_zone_map_and_charges.pdf
I actually park further away, and always get a space on a certain road near a good pub. But ain't saying where!

rweller86

Quote from: HamsterWheel on October 11, 2017, 09:41:29 AM
People pay to park? Free in area X on this map and generally easy to find a space as long as you're a good hour before kickoff.
https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/sites/default/files/section_attachments/parking_zone_map_and_charges.pdf
I actually park further away, and always get a space on a certain road near a good pub. But ain't saying where!
X is permit parking only during matches. If I drive, I park in T.

Edit - you can stay there for 1 hour, which won't help to watch a game of football!
@rweller

One Martin Thomas

Use the number on the side of the meters and phone up. You type in licence plate and debit card number. It works well and remembers your car next time you ring. Doddle !!

Lighthouse

Still remember fondly the days you could park in the school across the main road for a small fee. They even had the little Fulham mini bus to ferry those less able to walk to the ground. Those were the days we were last in the Championship. Before we went off to Loftus Road. Nothing has been the same since.

Oh alright Premier league football was fun but will nobody think about the parking?  :012:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

I've tried the free parking it's hit and miss and I sometimes pay. The machines take £2 coins so I've started using them and 50p ones.

HamsterWheel

filham

Thanks The Daddy for the phone number.
Snarks has got the right policy, use £2, 50p 20p or 10p coins on the meter and forget all about £1 coins.
The meters are now being changed across the borough  to accept the new £1 coin but there is no way of knowing when a meter will be converted and therefor which £1 coin a particular meter will accept on a certain date.

Arrive at a meter hoping to use a pocket full of £1coins and you could be left high and dry as they may be the wrong ones for that day.

Of course this must mean that the Borough council will be breaking the guidelines by trading in old £1 coins after the propose deadline day but that knowledge is not going to stop you missing the KO at the Cottage when stuck at a parking meter.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Some of us are old enough to remember when you cycled to the ground and houses opened their side gates so that you could put your bikes in their back gardens for 3d
- That is in old money!

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: filham on October 11, 2017, 05:44:23 PM
Snarks has got the right policy, use £2, 50p 20p or 10p coins on the meter and forget all about £1 coins.
The meters are now being changed across the borough  to accept the new £1 coin but there is no way of knowing when a meter will be converted and therefor which £1 coin a particular meter will accept on a certain date.

Arrive at a meter hoping to use a pocket full of £1coins and you could be left high and dry as they may be the wrong ones for that day.

Of course this must mean that the Borough council will be breaking the guidelines by trading in old £1 coins after the propose deadline day but that knowledge is not going to stop you missing the KO at the Cottage when stuck at a parking meter.

Phone and pay with debit card.....

SG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 11, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: filham on October 11, 2017, 05:44:23 PM

Phone and pay with debit card.....

Works well for me and they have the car registration number stored for next time - easy

mojo

I have the Ringo app on my phone. It remembers your registration plus the meter number and payment details. As I usually park near the same machine it's quick and easy. I do it on the walk to the ground.
One thing to note, I couldn't understand why it was costing more than the standard price but realised you need to untick the text reminder for 50p and one other I can't remember.

Bill2

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 11, 2017, 10:58:40 AM
Use the number on the side of the meters and phone up. You type in licence plate and debit card number. It works well and remembers your car next time you ring. Doddle !!
But if you want any texts to confirm payment and to advise when parking running out you will get charged. Probably not converting machines to force you to use Ringo.

Southcoastffc

Some posters above say use the old coins but don't these cease to be legal tender on Sunday 15 Oct?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFCAli

Some meters only accept one in 5 or 6 coins of whatever denomination.  You need a lot of coins as most will be rejected.  The bonus is that if they do accept a coin they don't always recognise what coin it is so sometimes you get extra credit.   If you don't have a smart phone it doesn't always work ringing to pay.  You can spend 10-15 minutes plugging in your details only to find you've been rejected or cut off. 

gang

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 12, 2017, 11:07:34 AM
Some posters above say use the old coins but don't these cease to be legal tender on Sunday 15 Oct?

Yes but the game is on 14th. and the machines will still accept them.