watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Questions for the next FST meeting

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 07, 2017, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

Ask them to paint some seat numbers on the steps as "tourists" never seem to know which way they should be going. Similar to what is on the signs at each entrypoint. Painting the sear row letters would help too - They're not the most visible on the sides of the seats.

Twig

Quote from: Chesh on October 09, 2017, 01:50:59 PM
Can we amend the ground regulations to eject any grown adult moronically bashing away at a clapper instead of vocally getting behind the team?

:dead horse:

Be a bit considerate here. I may not be the only one whose vocal cords are severely worn out. I can only manage a few shouts or chants after that it is the clappers or nothing. And I assure you I am not a moron.

G_Gribby

Can we amend the ground regulations to eject any grown adult moronically bashing away at a clapper instead of vocally getting behind the team?

Is it the Safe Standing at Hammy end we suggest here? Or ask the club if there is such a plan?

:023:
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Jonaldiniho 88

I definitely second previous calls for fulhamtv to pull its finger out. It's says the coverage starts 15mins before kick off and rather than sitting back and enjoying a small amount of pregame chat I'm flapping about between the app and the website trying to get something before kickoff. As a result my enjoyment for a service I pay for (albeit not a lot), I'm definitely not enjoying it. Also things that gj and Jamie could address before the game are being said during the game giving me no clue as to what is happening. It usually gets going 2-10 mins into the game. If that's always happening which from my experience it is they need to start the set up and broadcast 20 mins earlier. I can't imagine any commercial enterprise always failing on the same front and doing nothing to improve itself. Spoon in the teacup comes to mind. Also while I'm ranting, live commentary is something I'm willing to pay for. But fans who aren't shouldn't be alienated from the club. Managers interviews etc should all be free for fans to view. In the extreme people who go home and away and have no need for commentary shouldn't be paying to hear what our manager has to say. To a lesser degree people who don't ever attend shouldn't be asked to pay for information that may keep them interested in the club. Seems we are taking money but not providing the service we should AND taking money for information that's free on so many outlets and are just alienating fans. Sorry for the rant.

Chesh

Quote from: Twig on October 09, 2017, 04:59:20 PM

Be a bit considerate here. I may not be the only one whose vocal cords are severely worn out. I can only manage a few shouts or chants after that it is the clappers or nothing. And I assure you I am not a moron.
Twig, first of all the ejection comment was tongue in cheek, although I really do think the clappers are a backward step in terms of football atmosphere and getting behind the team.

Also, maybe 'moronic' was the wrong word, but looking round the stadium at grown adults who just seem to be rhythmically bashing the clappers, as if in some sort of trance, is a sad sight for me.

As for your comment - 'I can only manage a few shouts or chants after that it is the clappers or nothing', I'm sorry if you can not vocally encourage in the same way you might have done before, but 'clappers or nothing'? Really? Before Birmingham at home in 2008 the clappers didn't exist, and so what did we do before then - we used our hands (and, yes voices).

I've seen Fulham at between 70-80 away grounds over the years, and 95% of those grounds never have and never will need clappers. The natural atmosphere generated when some northern teams go forward has sometimes been worth a goal start (especially when there were only 150 of us on an open terrace lol!)

I can totally understand them being available in the family stand, as a bit of excitement for the kids, but I find the manner in which they have now taken over the whole ground (except the away end of course) a real shame.

It's just my opinion, and respect the fact that some people think they are good  :023: but we'd have to agree to disagree.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

WhiteJC

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 09, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
I definitely second previous calls for fulhamtv to pull its finger out. It's says the coverage starts 15mins before kick off and rather than sitting back and enjoying a small amount of pregame chat I'm flapping about between the app and the website trying to get something before kickoff. As a result my enjoyment for a service I pay for (albeit not a lot), I'm definitely not enjoying it. Also things that gj and Jamie could address before the game are being said during the game giving me no clue as to what is happening. It usually gets going 2-10 mins into the game. If that's always happening which from my experience it is they need to start the set up and broadcast 20 mins earlier. I can't imagine any commercial enterprise always failing on the same front and doing nothing to improve itself. Spoon in the teacup comes to mind. Also while I'm ranting, live commentary is something I'm willing to pay for. But fans who aren't shouldn't be alienated from the club. Managers interviews etc should all be free for fans to view. In the extreme people who go home and away and have no need for commentary shouldn't be paying to hear what our manager has to say. To a lesser degree people who don't ever attend shouldn't be asked to pay for information that may keep them interested in the club. Seems we are taking money but not providing the service we should AND taking money for information that's free on so many outlets and are just alienating fans. Sorry for the rant.

0001.jpeg

Logicalman

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 09, 2017, 09:14:10 PM

Good rant, and viable issues.

I have to chip in though that there has only been one game I can think of that the broadcast started 'late' e.g. immediately before KO, as I usually 'tune in' about 10-15 minutes beforehand and get the usual spinning club logo and watch the staff on the pitch pre-game.

My only two bitches about the coverage are:
1. The commentary is about a second ahead of the video so we get to hear the save/goal/miss/foul etc before actually seeing it (though that's sometimes the same on the cable networks for the EPL as well - NBCSN)
2. As mentioned above, GJ tend to start their commentary later and later each week (the recent Forest game was an exception I believe as Forest managed to mess up the location they were due to be in and had them moved 2 minutes prior to KO), whereas I used to enjoy thr 10 minutes or so of Jims rambling on prior to the match where he could get all him thoughts and gripes out and then concentrate on the match itself.

So the question to the club is: Have they actually got somebody overseeing this internally or did they outsource this to another media company? If the former, then they will they sack him/her and get someone in that actually cares, if the latter, then can they get someone into the club that cares enough to either fire/replace the media company or get them to do the job professionally?

.. and what is it with the bloody cameraman/woman, I've seen 5 year olds who can handle a camera better than that! Poor focusing, changing from one camera to another (the last time the difference in the picture was astonishing) at the wrong times, practicing panning in and out DURING transmission!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jims Dentist

I would like to see Mackintosh put on the spot.
When it comes to transfers he seems to be lying to me, but no one ever questions his responses.
In previous meetings he has come out and said that Joca has the final say on our transfers.
This is the complete opposite of Joca's version "I gave them a list of 12 players and they have ignored it" I believe he was further quoted to infer that he had no say in either in or out transfers.
The two versions are contradictory.
Mackintosh should be pressed to either admit he was lying or to come out and call Joca a liar.
The fans deserve to know the truth

aaronmcguigan

Helpful to see the previous minutes re pre season planning, but regardless of if we are held up by playoffs, shouldn't plans be sorted anyway? From playing u23 teams to playing behind closed doors it seemed like a mess.
Furthermore I acknowledged the reasons behind the delay. A delay is ok as long as the plans are meticulous. I also implied conditioning and training in the main point where the amount of injuries we succumbed to were either ridiculous or unfortunate.  Also , things to look at for next season i meant included squad size , including the youth in senior friendlies so we don't need our seniors to play 90 in the middle of July.

Finally, here's a few teams, some playoff teams included who announced quite early their plans for pre season, I'm assuming the coordination and planning is awkward and a challenge but I think many agree that it was far from ideal preparation

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/overview-qprs-2017-pre-season-13104046

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-announce-pre-season-schedule-1-8578556

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/royals-to-head-back-to-holland-for-pre-season/