watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kait

Started by Mullers OG, October 08, 2017, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers OG

I see he scored last night for his country.  Has anyone seen him play?  Is he any good?

Ronnief

Am surprised he hasn't been on the bench but he may have been injured recently.  One of our many youngster I have high hopes for.

res

Quote from: Mullers OG on October 08, 2017, 03:04:44 PM
I see he scored last night for his country.  Has anyone seen him play?  Is he any good?

Got 4 goals for Estonia in 9 games, including a last minute winner against Latvia with the other three being against Gibraltar. Only seen him on video clips so no idea whether he can make the first team. By now he should be knocking on the door?

Marcel_Gecov

Indeed, I'm surprise we didnt see him in the League cup games. At the start of the season you'd have thought that on paper youd think he'd be ahead of O'Riley. The difficulty we will have is that we have alot of youngsters who could all realistically start receiving 1st team game time (the 10 minute cameos that Humphreys got last year) - how do we ensure we keep them all happy?

Edun
DLT
Kait
O'Riley
Sess S
Williams
Humphreys

These must the main ones knocking on the door for an appearance in the FA cup 3rd round game in Jan. Depending on the Jan transfer window (hopefully) most of these will then be put out on loan.

Horsfield_No9

A touch of the Trotta's about this one. Can see him leaving before he gets a look.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

hovewhite

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 09, 2017, 05:37:32 PM
A touch of the Trotta's about this one. Can see him leaving before he gets a look.
You could have somerhing there!

Fulham Tup North

A touch of the Trotta's about this one.
Imodium should help!  ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

The Cravenette

Where is Trotter these days?

Jamie88

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 09, 2017, 08:25:35 PM
Where is Trotter these days?

Playing for Crotone on loan from Sassuolo
Not sure how much playing time, but they are in Serie A

The Cravenette

Thanks. It is interesting to see where our promising youngsters end up after they leave.

Marcel_Gecov

Very few, if any, have gone onto big things, perhaps  Dembele is the only one who has matched his potential but the rest seem to have seen their careers stall. Note to Sess.

ScalleysDad

Back in the days of The Enclave in P2 we would get non playing squad players, juniors, player liaison people, Tommy Guthrie on occasion and back room staff sitting next to us. Trotta was almost universally hailed as"the prospect" especially by his Dad who also sat amongst us.
Ah glory days.

General

How much first team action would constitute a rise in price tag?

We have seen a lot of youngsters leave in recent years, some have plied their trade in the first team whilst others have had a handful of minutes... how much game time would these players need to get to see either them grow significantly in stature or see their value increase and by how much?

Pat Roberts realistically was in and around the first team quite a bit but didn't actually play too many games yet we offloaded him for circa  12 million if rumours are to be believed.. dembele whilst we didn't get anything for him had an entire season and a bit and could have been sold for 20 perhaps 30 million had we got him signed to a new contract... those two obviously had quite a bit of press and exposure, but if a young players played a handful of times semi competently for our first team, what'd that do for their price?

filham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 10, 2017, 08:49:06 AM
Very few, if any, have gone onto big things, perhaps  Dembele is the only one who has matched his potential but the rest seem to have seen their careers stall. Note to Sess.
I haven't been too impressed by Sess. this season, is he on the point of a stall and should perhaps we have sold him when he was looking good. Oh dear never thought I would say anything like that about a young Fulham player , shows what big money transfers are doing to us.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: General on October 10, 2017, 11:40:52 AM

We have seen a lot of youngsters leave in recent years, some have plied their trade in the first team whilst others have had a handful of minutes... how much game time would these players need to get to see either them grow significantly in stature or see their value increase and by how much?

Pat Roberts realistically was in and around the first team quite a bit but didn't actually play too many games yet we offloaded him for circa  12 million if rumours are to be believed.. dembele whilst we didn't get anything for him had an entire season and a bit and could have been sold for 20 perhaps 30 million had we got him signed to a new contract... those two obviously had quite a bit of press and exposure, but if a young players played a handful of times semi competently for our first team, what'd that do for their price?

Your point on Dembele was one of the reasons that Rigg was fired. Dembele wanted a pay rise to circa £60k per week. This could have been facilitated followed by a big sale in the summer. Rigg refused to do this and of course Dembele walked on a nominal fee.

Now people will see 60k per week for Dembele would have been foolish but to me if we'd have agreed knowing we'd flog him for 20m+ then the maths suggest this is an obvious deal and Rigg messed by not doing it. Imagine what we could have done in the transfer window with the McCormack money and Dembele money. It's not outside the realms of possibility we'd be a Premier League club.

res

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 10, 2017, 01:08:17 PM

Your point on Dembele was one of the reasons that Rigg was fired. Dembele wanted a pay rise to circa £60k per week. This could have been facilitated followed by a big sale in the summer. Rigg refused to do this and of course Dembele walked on a nominal fee.

Now people will see 60k per week for Dembele would have been foolish but to me if we'd have agreed knowing we'd flog him for 20m+ then the maths suggest this is an obvious deal and Rigg messed by not doing it. Imagine what we could have done in the transfer window with the McCormack money and Dembele money. It's not outside the realms of possibility we'd be a Premier League club.

Trouble is that everyone else would want £60k a week as minimum with senior/older players demanding more.

res

Quote from: res on October 10, 2017, 02:15:39 PM

Trouble is that everyone else would want £60k a week as minimum with senior/older players demanding more. Player values for non first teamers...can be useful cash, I think we got c. £700k for Trotta (although that value was enhanced probably as he had a fair bit of first team experience, including goals, in loan spells).

filham

Hard to believe that Rigg was incapable of such simple Simple Arithmetic.

Moltobueno

He has been the 19th squad player in the last 2-3 championship games (apparently you can sign up 18 players to the list - 19th is the backup guy if anything happens to someone).

He said he hasnt spoken to jokanovic personally at all but feels his moment in first team is just about to happen.

sunburywhite

Whilst power and strength aren't everything, I met Dembele about 18 months ago and he was about as wet as a flannel

I thought at the time he would be squashed by the likes of John Terry
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me