News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take one of these 3 on loan in Jan ?

Started by Riversider, October 11, 2017, 01:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Danny Ings,
Troy Deeney,
Charlie Austin,
None of them currently getting any game time, all three have done it at this level, all three must be desperate to start playing football,
If come the end of this year we are there or there abouts I think we must look to bring in a top class striker as we still lack a natural goal scorer, it cost us last season and it can't be allowed to happen again,
Don't feel we need much in January, just a striker and a centre half,we could have done more last January to get us over the line but we chose not to, hope we don't repeat the same mistake as the league is wide open this season and we've got as good a chance as anyone.
COYSW

EJL

hovewhite

colinwhite

Max Headroom

I'd like another top striker. Deemed would be my first choice and would absolutely improve us

ealex40

I can't see Watford letting Deeney leave. It would be great to have him. He could make all the difference.

Tabby

Any of the three would improve the squad. Austin and Deeney would be shoe-ins, Ings is a bit more iffy seeing as he is injured more often than not.

Riversider

Can't see any of the three getting a run of games with their current club, and can't see any of them being with their current club next season,
So an ideal time for their parent club to put them in the shop window, Austin and Deeney in particular would be ideal for us.

hovewhite

Wings is the least likely to play.Also he was prolific for Burnley at this level,as I don't think we would land Feeney wings would be more likely!

filham

Quote from: ealex40 on October 11, 2017, 03:53:57 PM
I can't see Watford letting Deeney leave. It would be great to have him. He could make all the difference.

So right Watford are not going to let him go, he could well be back in their starting line up any time now.
Surprised if there are any championship players fit and ready to go who are better than AK47.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on October 11, 2017, 01:54:05 PM
Danny Ings,
Troy Deeney,
Charlie Austin,
None of them currently getting any game time, all three have done it at this level, all three must be desperate to start playing football,
If come the end of this year we are there or there abouts I think we must look to bring in a top class striker as we still lack a natural goal scorer, it cost us last season and it can't be allowed to happen again,
Don't feel we need much in January, just a striker and a centre half,we could have done more last January to get us over the line but we chose not to, hope we don't repeat the same mistake as the league is wide open this season and we've got as good a chance as anyone.
COYSW
Of course, but Deeney and Auatin won't happen. Ings is a possibility.

grandad

We don´t need any of those mentioned. We still need a dominant CB.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riversider

Quote from: grandad on October 11, 2017, 06:27:47 PM
We don´t need any of those mentioned. We still need a dominant CB.

So any long injury to Kamara after January and you are happy to go with what we've got ?
I'm not, anybody else ?

Carborundum

If fit, any would improve the squad.  Whether they would make the starting eleven is another matter.  I'm rather hoping they would be unable to oust a prolific AK47.

Wingnut

I'd take any one of those three for the second half of the season, along with a CB. We are still light when it comes to goals.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Rhys Lightning 63

Deeney. And while we're at it, get Emerson Hyndman back
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ealex40

Just Googled this:

Can players be loaned after the transfer deadline?

Until last season, players were able to sign on short-term loans (up to three months) once the deadline had closed.

But Fifa changed the rules last year to close that loophole, meaning loans must also be agreed during the transfer window.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Keynsham

Any one of the three are better than our current strikers.