watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Injury update

Started by RP24, October 13, 2017, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

I see on the official that Cesarini is giving an injury update, although it is on Fulham TV. Can someone with access give a break down of what he says to those that aren't subscribers?

MJG

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on October 13, 2017, 11:05:12 AM
I see on the official that Cesarini is giving an injury update, although it is on Fulham TV. Can someone with access give a break down of what he says to those that aren't subscribers?
Ayite and Soares should be in squad for the weekend.
Cairney been training and want to see how knee has dealt with that. I'm not convinced he will be in 18 this weekend.
AK sounds like missing Saturday.
Ojo 2 -3 months out
Just the views of a long term fan

RP24

Excellent thanks :)

Good news about Ayite and Soares and even that Cairney is coming back. Surprised that AK is still out though as I thought it was just a twinge, its a shame as well as it seemed like he was just about to hit a good bit of form.

MJG

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on October 13, 2017, 11:15:27 AM
Excellent thanks :)

Good news about Ayite and Soares and even that Cairney is coming back. Surprised that AK is still out though as I thought it was just a twinge, its a shame as well as it seemed like he was just about to hit a good bit of form.
AK is about his hamstring and given the way he plays I suspect they want to make sure its fully ok before risking him.
Just the views of a long term fan

Tabby

Yeah, Kamara doesn't seem like the kind of player that plays within his limits. If you send him on with a niggle that will be a tear soon enough.

bencher

I disagree with the positivity about Cairney. He was quite vague with telling us when he'll be back. sounds like it could be a few weeks yet.

toshes mate

Quote from: bencher on October 13, 2017, 11:30:58 AM
I disagree with the positivity about Cairney. He was quite vague with telling us when he'll be back. sounds like it could be a few weeks yet.
I agree with you.  Cairney's injury is still worrying and I believe the Club need to focus on getting along without him until he is really fit and ready to play.  As for the others Ayite's return is good news.  Kamara needs as long as it takes to get that hamstring strong again.   At least SJ will have a few more options to use by the time of the next International break.

Chutney

Hoping for Cairney to be back soon, we are a different team with him on the pitch.
C O Y W

Lighthouse

Both Cairney and Kamara are players we don't have suitable replacements for. Yes we have players who play in those positions. But not like them. Where as Soares and Ayite are both in mix and match positions we have similar players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Not suprised bout TC, Ak is also a big miss.floyd and soares are a plus and feel we still have enough in the squad to carey on getting reults.

millsy

I agree, he was vague about TC and it's obviously been a tricky knee problem which they can't pinpoint and fix easily. He suggested though that TC has been working and they're crossing their fingers for no adverse reaction before pressing on.

Presumably, the video played behind the interview is of this week. Soares and Ayite were in it but not AK47, so I'm sure it was. If so, TC was featured with the squad, doing some relays and ball work. He looked ok but obviously not under any pressure and they are anxious that he doesn't get a reaction. Is it his right knee that's the problem? He was wearing a thin band around the top of it.

I think that's why they're being cagey in their forecast for a return to the match day squad and hopefully the next we'll hear is that no adverse reaction, so now stepping up to regain fitness etc. That means probably still wdesk away unfortunately but no point rushing things at this stage. In my view, it would be great if we can hang on in there in his absence, then having him fully fit to unleash for the second half of the season could be telling.

Fulham1959

I wish they would give the interviewer a microphone for these videos !

Twig

Without wishing ill of Ojo, I am looking forward to seeing Neeskens start. I thought he looked very impressive in his last two appearances off the bench.

Riversider

When a big power based player like Kamara starts to get hamstring problems it often dogs them throughout their playing career,
As I said on here the other day we should already be exploring our options for January be it loan or permanent, Gayle, Deeney, Austin or Ings should be a priority or our season is going to be over before the spring.

filham

So  I guess that means the best we can expect tomorrow is that Soares and Ayite could be on the bench but that Ojo, Cairney, Piazon and Kamara are still on the long term injury list.

davew

If true shame about Kamara, the other injuries already known about and medium to long term! Looking forward to maybe seeing Soares, if Ayite and Neeskens are both available with Fonte and Mollo, I won't lose any sleep tonight!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

He said Cairney had inflammation in his knee - so he could maybe make an appearance if it settles down.

filham

Piazon, Cairney and Ojo. Is anyone prepared to predict a  pre Christmas return with confidence.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 13, 2017, 02:20:58 PM
I wish they would give the interviewer a microphone for these videos !
0001.jpeg

Twig

Quote from: filham on October 13, 2017, 06:30:40 PM
Piazon, Cairney and Ojo. Is anyone prepared to predict a  pre Christmas return with confidence.

I doubt any of those three will play again in the first team for 90 mins in 2017. As a contrast to last year we have had some real bad luck with injuries and if AK is out for a few weeks that's bad news too.