watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rumours on the wires

Started by Fernhurst, October 12, 2017, 10:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Tom Cairney to return to our side on Saturday.

I'd love to think so (although it will take a few games for him to approach top gear).

Anyone have anything substantive or are these just BS rumours?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

f321ffc

Mate of mine spoke to TC after Boro game told my mate it would be a couple of weeks, so hopefully he's at least in the squad on Saturday.  049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Tabby

Ali Mac said that his return was imminent during the FST meeting. Might be based on that.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Tabby on October 12, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
Ali Mac said that his return was imminent during the FST meeting. Might be based on that.

Who oooo 😜😜😜😜 fancy having a player of Tom's class to come off the bench and finish Preston off.

MJG

I was in that meeting and thats what he said, but I'd not take that as this Saturday, but hopefully over next couple of weeks. Still needs to be assessed. I'd rather not rush him back till ready as it seems thats what we did before. We dont need to panic, hes a good player but we are doing ok without him atm.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

Quote from: MJG on October 12, 2017, 10:23:58 AM
I was in that meeting and thats what he said, but I'd not take that as this Saturday, but hopefully over next couple of weeks. Still needs to be assessed. I'd rather not rush him back till ready as it seems thats what we did before. We dont need to panic, hes a good player but we are doing ok without him atm.

Eminently sensible comments by Statto and Mike ...... But...... "We can dream" 😃😃😃

Rhys Lightning 63

Whatever happens, let's hope that he is 100% fir this time. Last thing we need is for him to be rushed back and out for another month
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

snarks

If he's fit I would like to see him in the matchday squad, doesn't mean he has to play. However if he is fit enough a 10 minute cameo at the end would do me.

Holders

I understood the definition of "imminent" to be within the next two hours. Obviously it's not that so it could mean anything but hopeful anyway.

At least it's not the West Country "dreckley" which is a bit like the Spanish manana but without the same sense of urgency.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Madman Maddle

Cairney is our most important player without a doubt. Fulham's biggest issue is missing too many goal chances. We won't suddenly turn into a clinical team in front of the goal overnight, but Cairney creates so many extra goal chances that lead to more goals by default. But please, don't rush him back! The Championship season is so damn long, we absolutely need him for the long haul rather than taking the risk of a setback! Cairney is the only player we have no true cover for. Fonte and Norwood are simply not in the same ballpark when it comes to creating chances.

BedsFFC

Quote from: MJG on October 12, 2017, 10:23:58 AM

Mike, after the meeting, you must do things like pull Macintosh aside and ask for some "off the record' stuff?

TheBadger

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 12, 2017, 10:43:28 AM
Whatever happens, let's hope that he is 100% fir this time. Last thing we need is for him to be rushed back and out for another month

agree with this but would not be adverse to seeing him play 10-15 minutes towards the end if the game is comfortable and there are no heavy tackles flying in. That said, I'd prefer to see him play some reserve minutes in the first instance.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: EastAnglianWhite on October 12, 2017, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 12, 2017, 10:43:28 AM

agree with this but would not be adverse to seeing him play 10-15 minutes towards the end if the game is comfortable and there are no heavy tackles flying in. That said, I'd prefer to see him play some reserve minutes in the first instance.

That I'd be fine with, ease him into it.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alfie

Quote from: Statto on October 12, 2017, 10:17:05 AM

I was thinking the same

"Imminent" to an accountant like Mackintosh could mean in the next few years

Personally can't see him going straight back into the team without us seeing something public showing him back in training, and probably some minutes for the u23s

If he's in the squad for Preston that stinks of him being rushed back again

absolute best realistic case scenario IMO is him getting back into the matchday squad torward the end of the month (eg when we play those 3 games in 7 days) then first start in mid november (v. Derby) after the next international break
Sorry does not stink of him being rushed back, he has probably spent last couple of weeks intensive training, there has to be a starting point.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

Slav said best case was preston game before the international break
Every day is a Fulham day