watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another Question

Started by Jims Dentist, October 12, 2017, 05:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Would we have stayed up had we have stuck with Mulenstien?

alfie

A question that can never be answered
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

colinwhite

aaronmcguigan

Nothing against Rene but that squad, from its characters to their application, fitness and motivation was doomed. He would probably earn a point or 2 more than Felix but also take a few 6-0 batterings too

Andy S

There is a possibility but..........

cottage expat

I very much doubt it. Rene was a decent, experienced coach but we'd already started down the slippery slope on his watch.

Woolly Mammoth

We would have stood a better chance of staying up with Rene.
But once Magath had sunk his teeth into Fulham's neck, any chance we may have had went down the toilet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Nothing in any of the records says Rene would have kept us up.

Jol record 13 games 10 points (3 points last 6 games)

Rene record 13 games 10 Points. (1 point last 6 games)

Sacked when bottom at 26 games and 20 points and 4 points short of 17th

Magath record 12 games 12 points (8 points last 6 games) Form wise we were 16th for last 12 games.

Finished 19th 4 points short of 17th

The Old Count

No but we probably would have if we'd got Pullis in.Β 

Out of interest - How may on here would have taken Pullis if it meant staying in the Prem.Β  Or, to put it another way: Premier League v integrity.

MJG

Quote from: The Old Count on October 13, 2017, 08:53:48 AM

Out of interest - How may on here would have taken Pullis if it meant staying in the Prem.Β  Or, to put it another way: Premier League v integrity.
Not inΒ  a million bloody years should that @&%$Β£"3$ be anywhere near this club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on October 13, 2017, 09:00:26 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on October 13, 2017, 08:53:48 AM

Not inΒ  a million bloody years should that @&%$Β£"3$ be anywhere near this club.

Blimey I didnt catch that, was that profane language I hear.
I would call him more a Β£?@&$€Β₯%#, or better still a βœ‘οΈβ˜ΈοΈβ™ˆοΈβ›ŽπŸ›β™οΈβ™‹οΈβ™ŽοΈβ™‰οΈπŸ•Žβ™οΈ, or if you really want to know how I really feel, he is nothing but a βŒπŸš«πŸ“›πŸ’’β™¨οΈπŸš·πŸš―πŸš­πŸ“΅πŸ”žπŸš±β‰οΈ, in other words he can πŸŒ€β“‚οΈβŽβ™ΏοΈπŸˆ‚πŸ’ πŸŒπŸ†™πŸ“Άβž–βž—πŸ’²βœ–οΈπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ”šπŸ”™πŸ’£πŸ’£πŸ’£πŸ’£.... OFF
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

filham

I think the answer is no but we would probably been in better shape at the start of the next season.

aaronmcguigan

The overriding feeling as an outsider seemed to be the lack of fitness and motivation throughout those first 26 games. It was downhill from Jol and Rene couldn't find the brakes , throwing Cole and Tunnicliffe straight into a huge game showed he didn't know what he was doing and just thought a United bias would improve us

The logic in Felixs appointment was clear. The dictator style authoritarian leadership to kick a few behinds and improve fitness. It failed miserably when he used odd methods, bizarre attempts at leadership and without a window, used the kids to shake things up and was a failure waiting to happen. His championship start exposed him as a woeful fit for the squad, our club and this league

aaronmcguigan

Anytime I type in D O O M E D , it comes up as doomed . Any idea why?

Tabby

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 13, 2017, 11:22:08 AM
Anytime I type in D O O M E D , it comes up as making repetitive replies that aren't funny!Β  . Any idea why?

Probably a word substitution put in by the mods from back when half the posts consisted of that a couple of seasons ago.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Tabby on October 13, 2017, 11:24:28 AM
Quote from: Newry FFC on October 13, 2017, 11:22:08 AM
Anytime I type in D O O M E D , it comes up as making repetitive replies that aren't funny!Β  . Any idea why?

Probably a word substitution put in by the mods from back when half the posts consisted of that a couple of seasons ago.

In a thread pertaining to THAT season, that word had to crop up somewhere

MJG

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 13, 2017, 11:19:12 AM
The overriding feeling as an outsider seemed to be the lack of fitness and motivation throughout those first 26 games. It was downhill from Jol and Rene couldn't find the brakes , throwing Cole and Tunnicliffe straight into a huge game showed he didn't know what he was doing and just thought a United bias would improve us

The logic in Felixs appointment was clear. The dictator style authoritarian leadership to kick a few behinds and improve fitness. It failed miserably when he used odd methods, bizarre attempts at leadership and without a window, used the kids to shake things up and was a failure waiting to happen. His championship start exposed him as a woeful fit for the squad, our club and this league
Its been interesting for me to look back at that season and I'd forgotten that on beating Norwich 1-0 we had closed the gap to them to 2 points.

17-Norwich 34-32
18-Fulham 34-30
19-Cardiff 34-29
20-Sunderland 32-25

Sunderland ended up in 14th place with 38 points (13 from 6 games) and the other 3 teams ended up going down.
WBA in 17th place on 36 and much better GD means we would have need 37 to stay up.