watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand New Design Discussion

Started by mrmicawbers, October 12, 2017, 05:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Just been down to HQ to see the proposed stand.Got to say it looks great. It will be a new application in terms of planning. However as the previous was granted should proceed OK fingers crossed.Will go for approval in November and monies in place and keen to go according to all the fellows I talked to including planning,transport and people from the Club.

Holders

Thank you. So earliest build to start next close season maybe?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mrmicawbers

Yes Holders that's what they were suggesting.I did bring up previous false dawns but they all seemed to think this is the real deal.I brought up what would happen if you were seated in the J H Stand.Could you use the facilities in the Riverside prior to the game.They weren't sure but thought it wouldn't be feasible. Post match not such a problem.So if it's as good as promised I may have to think of relocating. Going to cost me money but maybe part of their plans

LBNo11

...it's refreshing that the club is communicating things in such a way (see link). Personally I preferred the previous AL Fayed concept on the grounds of aesthetics, I thought Fayed's proposed design had a 'wow' factor, I have to say I'm disappointed with the river view, but as long as the facilities for the fans are greatly improved that is the main thing...
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/october/12/riverside-stand-exhibition
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fcfulham55

Timescale looks bad. Completed in 2021 contruction staring 2018!? Tottenham can build a 61000 seater as well as demolish old stadium in that timescale.

We have the advantage of being next to the river to bring supplies down by barge too.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

General

Quote from: fcfulham55 on October 12, 2017, 06:29:48 PM
Timescale looks bad. Completed in 2021 contruction staring 2018!? Tottenham can build a 61000 seater as well as demolish old stadium in that timescale.

We have the advantage of being next to the river to bring supplies down by barge too.

I was a bit suprised by the timescale too. Seems a long time. Although I suppose the only difference is if i'm right, they're building over the existing riverside stand whilst it remains usable for the club for fans/gate receipts during the season which I can't imagine being easy.. tried too often before.

I liked the last design, especially the idea that you had a glass backing at the top of the stand and could look over the Johnny Haynes stand and overlook the river from the top of the riverside - a feature which seems to have gone.

This design looks more technical and inclusive of more value add to the club - constant revenue throughout the week due to bars and restaurants on the riverside for instance - looks like a far more practical design. If they added gym facilities or a swimming pool into the bottom of the stand for public access that too could see quite large benefits.

Interesting to note though that regardless of plans to develop the stadium (from Al Fayed in 2002, to 2012 and these latest plans) the capacity has never been planned for more than 30,000 people. Is that the most realistic limit to the development of the ground? Or more in line with our clubs supporter base? Am aware when we were doing our best - top 10 in premiership, europa league and the finals we were completely sold out at 25,000 and could've probably sold more than an extra 5k seats...

LBNo11

...I think the issue is that the club aren't looking to ground-share in that period so the work will be carried out between matches through the seasons which has health and safety aspects - whereas Spuds have moved out whilst the new stadium is being built...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 12, 2017, 06:46:01 PM

...I think the issue is that the club aren't looking to ground-share in that period so the work will be carried out between matches through the seasons which has health and safety aspects - whereas Spuds have moved out whilst the new stadium is being built...
also its the storage issue and working within tight confined space. Look at shots of spurs from air and you see the amount of room they have. This is almost like building an extension but not being allowed in the house to do the work if we are to keep ground open.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riverside

Probably a lot quicker if we were to move out but by staying there is slows things down

As a comparison the Roof on No 1 Court is scheduled to take 3 years . And I can vouch that between tournaments there is constant construction work .

I like the 2018 start date though . Very encouraging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmg

Too late, I suppose, for the involvement of the architectural genius who came up with this idea for increasing the capacity of the Ekaterinburg stadium to that required for the WC.

mrmicawbers

Trival persuit springs to mind.

Samjack

I like the design but isn't anyone else concerned about the proposed 9 flats? I hate the idea of selling off parts of our ground for private property. That just doesn't feel right.

MJG

Quote from: Samjack on October 12, 2017, 08:47:34 PM
I like the design but isn't anyone else concerned about the proposed 9 flats? I hate the idea of selling off parts of our ground for private property. That just doesn't feel right.
they will only be for rent
Just the views of a long term fan

Andy S

I think you will find the flats are for the owner and his son as well as corporates. I doubt they will be sold

brightster

Quote from: General on October 12, 2017, 06:44:27 PM

I was a bit suprised by the timescale too. Seems a long time. Although I suppose the only difference is if i'm right, they're building over the existing riverside stand whilst it remains usable for the club for fans/gate receipts during the season which I can't imagine being easy.. tried too often.

I think from the meeting notes that they are going to demolish the Riverside first then build the new one!
(AM explained that the new plans would deliver a single tier stand, with significant space for a variety of premium entertainment activity and community use, and a roof terrace. Should planning permission be granted by the Council, the plans would require  the demolition of the current Riverside stand and the building of its replacement)

Deeping_white

I'm glad they've designed it to enclose the ends of the Putney and Hammersmith stands, which will hopefully keep the noise in and generate a better atmosphere. I often think that with both sides of the Hammersmith end being open, it does us a disservice with the away end as it were having one end closed in to keep the noise in which often makes the Hammersmith end sound quieter than perhaps it is.

One thing I would question - the Hammersmith and Putney ends are temporary stands and at some stage will need work on them respectively, so would it not have been better to design the Riverside stand so it could eventually link with the Putney and Hammersmith stands by filling the corners in with seats? If they felt like doing that in future, they'd have to pull down part of the new stand to accommodate it?

Samjack

Quote from: Andy S on October 12, 2017, 09:02:02 PM
I think you will find the flats are for the owner and his son as well as corporates. I doubt they will be sold

Oh ok, thanks... That makes me feel a bit better, but I still don't like the idea of flats, or a restaurant for that matter, in a football ground.

Friendsoffulham

Friendsoffulham

Jonaldiniho 88

I really don't like the design. Much prefer the old look(old new stand design). The roof looks like a pagoda, and I love pagodas and have been to visit many but I wouldn't put one next to the cottage or JH. Hopefully it grows on me. I may have to sit in it so I can't see it.