watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugill

Started by Ronnief, October 14, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnief

Is he the centre forward we should have gone for?  Tough uncompromising and scored a goal.  For me he constantly fouled and was lucky not to be sent off for a blatant elbow on Ream.  Every time he challenged for the ball he lead with his elbow.  The pathetic linesman  had no idea what was going on and only concentrated on offsides which he got wrong on the most important occasion.
He would work wonders in the Fulham team.

Benny

I think we did make an offer for him but they wanted silly money so we told them to poke it

colinwhite

thank god we didnt hbuy him!

One Martin Thomas

Agreed. If he had a yard extra pace, he'd be a really good striker. Did not like the constant backing in to Ream and Kalas. Far better striker in championship than Ruiz the 2nd / Fonte

Benny

We already have a better version of him in AK47

MrD1879

Although I didn't think he was anything special more of a thug that got away with alot he is the type of striker we are missing. Maybe Ak will prove to be it but when we play a tough physical team who stop us playing out from the back we need a big man who we can play it up to and it will stick. I really like Fonte but he's a 10 not a 9 for me

Carborundum

Thought he was pretty good.  The ability to head the ball on to himself was like having two strikers for the price of one.  Prefer AK47, but not by much.

Whitesideup

If referees could referee, then he would be averagely good. But in England we seem to accept the muscling centre forward. In the Europa cup I remember refs blowing very early on against Zamora leaning in and trying to control the space, and he had to be more circumspect. So I thought he ( the Preston player) was useful, but he fouled persistently. I would like to see refs enforcing the rules of the game more fairly. 

MaidstoneMark69

Total thug with very limited ability for me, definitely not fit to be anywhere near our team.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MaidstoneMark69 on October 14, 2017, 09:59:58 PM
Total thug with very limited ability for me, definitely not fit to be anywhere near our team.

Thug? Don't talk nonsense, old fashioned front man who puts himself about,he murdered Kalas who I think has been quite poor since he came back,Ream has been the better of the pair..

ffc73

Definitely think Hugil had a good game yesterday & is the type of no9 we are missing.  Lack of pace? He gave Kalas & Ream a torrid time all afternoon by his constant chasing and harrying.  His work rate was first class and the way he created space for himself when scoring was superb

Kamara?  Yes might be as good but 1) he has needed time to acclimatise and 2) is injured with no indication of a return.  Our injuries to forwards with pace seem to be hamstring related, Ayite.  Don't think a Hugil or Martin Championship no9 will suffer from that problem.

Tabby

This whole "injured with no indication of a return" is so overstated. Apparently Cairney wouldn't make an appearance during 2017 according to the experts on here. Ceasarini said that Kamara was close to being back but that they didn't want to risk anything.

Our only two long term injuries right now are Piazon and Ojo.

And Hugill was out for an entire season with a cruciate ligament injury a couple years back. Knees are usually what goes for the big lunks. He has even been injured this season.

filham

Yes, Hugill is the old fashioned centre forward that Jocanovic wouldn't give a second glance at but he certainly caused us a lot of problems.

Southcoastffc

Hugill was effective but was a dirty, sly, cynical, illegally aggressive cheat. I would hate him to be in a team I supported.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 15, 2017, 12:05:39 PM
Hugill was effective but was a dirty, sly, cynical, illegally aggressive cheat. I would hate him to be in a team I supported.
Pretty much sums it up. First time I've seen him play live and thought he just fit in with the dirty, cynical, time-wasting bunch of cheats that Alex Neill has put together. Wouldn't want any of them at my club.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MaidstoneMark69

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 15, 2017, 09:44:00 AM

Thug? Don't talk nonsense, old fashioned front man who puts himself about,he murdered Kalas who I think has been quite poor since he came back,Ream has been the better of the pair..
nonsense? don't agree at all, Hugill may fit into some other championship teams style of play,  but definitely not ours and the proof would be that Sj simply wouldn't pick him, cos he wouldn't like him or his 'style', a very limited individual who gets away with his shenanigans because of the poor officials in this division.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MaidstoneMark69 on October 15, 2017, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 15, 2017, 09:44:00 AM

nonsense? don't agree at all, Hugill may fit into some other championship teams style of play,  but definitely not ours and the proof would be that Sj simply wouldn't pick him, cos he wouldn't like him or his 'style', a very limited individual who gets away with his shenanigans because of the poor officials in this division.

Where have I stated that we would have him.
Just defending him that he isn't a thug,gets in good positions to score apart from his running at defenders.
He must have something as clubs are queuing up to sign him in January..

MrD1879

Led with his arm every time he jumped and lucky to be on the pitch after the Ream elbow could easily define that as a thug. If that is old fashioned I'm glad in most we have moved forward. Stronger referee and he wouldn't have got away with it.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FFC73 on October 15, 2017, 10:25:26 AM
Definitely think Hugil had a good game yesterday & is the type of no9 we are missing.  Lack of pace? He gave Kalas & Ream a torrid time all afternoon by his constant chasing and harrying.  His work rate was first class and the way he created space for himself when scoring was superb

Kamara?  Yes might be as good but 1) he has needed time to acclimatise and 2) is injured with no indication of a return.  Our injuries to forwards with pace seem to be hamstring related, Ayite.  Don't think a Hugil or Martin Championship no9 will suffer from that problem.
Well said.
In January we could do with someone like him.
Given that Joca played Martin most of the time last season, I think he would welcome such a player, even if only as a plan B.
I think it is Kline/ T Khan that do not want to recruit this type of forward which is borne out by those that are so similar and already here.

Luka

Quote from: PokerMatt on October 15, 2017, 12:11:35 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 15, 2017, 12:05:39 PM
Pretty much sums it up. First time I've seen him play live and thought he just fit in with the dirty, cynical, time-wasting bunch of cheats that Alex Neill has put together. Wouldn't want any of them at my club.

Would have their number 24 (McGuire ?) in a flash.
He ran us ragged until he got injure and would fit in with our style no problem