watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booing at half time

Started by ffcthereligion, October 15, 2017, 06:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

This is becoming an increasingly frequent phenomenon. I don't seem to remember this happening whenever we're losing or not playing well at half time (which is what seems to be happening these days) aside from when we've disagreed with the management.

Can any booers please tell me, why do you choose to boo your own side? What impact do you think it has?

uzuccher96

If someone is booing the team it's not a supporter. A supporter support the team in the bad and in the good times

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

Hissing....Booing....What next?
Throwing Marshmallows...Terrible club.🐍

The Enclosurite

Not defending, endorsing or criticizing but It's an expression of dissatisfaction, nothing more.   The argument that the booers could put forth for yesterday though is the fact that after the booing the team turned 0 points to 1 so probably the wrong time to ask 'what impact do you think it has?'.
¡COYW!

Fulham1959

In the same context, read yesterday's match-day thread up until early in the second-half.  Talk about fickle, 'fair-weather' fans, when things aren't going right - it's pathetic.  Tactical geniuses all of them yet, in my book, lily-livered so-called supporters. 

However, I don't expect that to ever change with the exception of when we play perfect football from minute-one onwards.

Peabody

I could of misunderstood, but I thought the boos were directed at Preston and the referee.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Peabody on October 15, 2017, 07:09:38 PM
I could of misunderstood, but I thought the boos were directed at Preston and the referee.

I assumed this too. I think I remember another player going down 'injured' during the 6 minutes of time added, or just before, and assumed the boos were frustration for their antics. Not that I heard all that many boos.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

David I

As above.... I understood it to be directed more to the poor refereeing and linesman decision along with the constant fouls from PNE

Lighthouse

While I never booed but often let slip the dogs of criticism. I think a fan or a supporter should be allowed to react in any way he so wishes as long as it is not too abusive to those around him or her. A supporter is not a slave and pays the money to react any way they please. As the most critical of fans are usually the most loyal, this stupid modern idea that they should only cheer and say golly good show when their team has played poorly is nonsense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ronnief

Agree with David 1, I was booing but at the referee and linesman in particular for his incompetence. Can I not boo if I think the other team is cheating and the officials cannot see it?

Andy S

Totally agree we all pay good money to support the team. If we want to boo, clap cheer or stay silent that is our perogative.However yesterday it felt that the crowd were booing the opposition and the Referee. I do not have a problem with that

Woolly Mammoth

I think the booing was directed at me, even my wife boos me especially when I wake up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 15, 2017, 08:13:15 PM
I think the booing was directed at me, even my wife boos me especially when I wake up

But Wooly there is a difference between boos and booze!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Peabody on October 15, 2017, 08:42:43 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 15, 2017, 08:13:15 PM
I think the booing was directed at me, even my wife boos me especially when I wake up

But Wooly there is a difference between boos and booze!!!

Yes you are indeed correct and if I was honest, I think I prefer the booze.

Never forget your Roots.

Robbie

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Robbie on October 15, 2017, 09:02:22 PM
I was booing at PNE

Then that explains it and good for you.
I assumed you were booing at me.

Never forget your Roots.

Jem

I booed. I was bloody angry. I was booing the ref. I have never booed the team in my 50+ years of supporting Fulham.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Woolly Mammoth

PNE in Medical Terms stands for Pneumonia, and that is a genuine fact.

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Grown adults booing at anything other then a pantomime is utterly ridiculous.

Woolly Mammoth

Probably why some supporters were shouting to the referee  " he's behind you ".

Never forget your Roots.