more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booing at half time

Started by ffcthereligion, October 15, 2017, 06:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 15, 2017, 08:13:15 PM
I think the booing was directed at me, even my wife boos me especially when I wake up.

Have you ever awoke next to a Woolly Mammoth?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on October 15, 2017, 10:34:08 PM
I think the booing was directed at me, even my wife boos me especially when I wake up.

Have you ever awoke next to a Woolly Mammoth?

On several occasions when I have been Trunking which is a difficult Tusk.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

We were talking about this subject this weekend and Chris Baird came up - who got a lot of the Sanchez stick, potentially, at the time from a guilt by association standpoint before Roy cam and perhaps unjustified...

They are paid professionals, but bad karma does nothing for the psyche.

HatterDon

Quote from: Keynsham on October 15, 2017, 10:06:27 PM
Grown adults booing at anything other then a pantomime is utterly ridiculous.

exactly this
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Are you sure you are addressing the correct "up"?

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 16, 2017, 01:30:49 AM

Are you sure you are addressing the correct "up"?

Come to think of it, no I am not sure at all.

Never forget your Roots.

Southdowns White

I did not boo on Saturday but I have voiced my displeasure with Fulham FC as a club and as a team. If I think the club are not moving in the right direction or making decisions I think are detrimental to my club or the team are terrible on the pitch I pay my money so can voice my opinion. I would gladly vent my displeasure in measured unoffensive terms to any person or player associated with the club face to face if given the opportunity. In the past I have vented my spleen along with thousands of others to save my club , I never booed us when we were in the lower reaches of the league as that was our level given the resources available at the time. Some of the displays we have seen over the years from spineless players who don't have the self respect to put in any effort worthy of their talents deserves everything I throw at them, they are not under11s it is a job like anyone else's, if they can't take it they can go and get a proper job.   

MJG

Never boo, but certainly throw some choice words at them from time to time.
As for Saturday, it was disappointing for sure, but there does seem a god given right in some fans eyes now that we should be winning every game and never let a goal in. So the slightest chance to have a go and some take it.
Whatever your thoughts on PNE they are doing well this season and showed why. Will it last I dont know, but they had the better of us and thats the way football goes.

The same fans who boo a 16 year old making his home debut are the same very vocal ones who turn on the team at the first chance. I dont really know whet they expect or want sometimes.
Just the views of a long term fan

Take Me Home MAF

Quote from: uzuccher96 on October 15, 2017, 06:25:23 PM
If someone is booing the team it's not a supporter. A supporter support the team in the bad and in the good times

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This comment is a joke.

Lovely sentiment, but with that logic you would stay silent when you watched a Jol side, or a Kit side for that matter, deliver an abject performance one after the other; with no effort, no passion, no structure. I aimed boo's at both sides near the end, and if you didn't I question how much you really care about the club.

I have not booed a Slavisa side, and I think some of the boos were aimed at the frustration at the officials alongside the lackluster performance.

If the team has put out a poor performance and you have spent hard earned money to at least see passion and commitment, then I see no issue in people voicing this. But it must be situational, at the moment were are only a few points from promotion and boo's are a bit unnecessary at this point.

Carborundum

Quote from: Keynsham on October 15, 2017, 10:06:27 PM
Grown adults booing at anything other then a pantomime is utterly ridiculous.
Having decided to take five hours out of my day on a regular basis to watch an inflatable object being kicked around, I'm through and out the other side of ridiculous. 

RaySmith

Booing your own team in adversity - not for me I'm afraid to say. I'm more likely to cheer the team on with renewed vigour.

People will accuse me of being too soft - they are highly paid pros is the mantra.

Criticism of the team is fair enough, and nothing new in that. Nothing new in fans voicing their displeasure from the terraces/seats.

It's always been so, BUT I do think there is a difference today, as MJG says- an expectation of  success all the time , every move/ pass/ tackle by every player has to be perfect, otherwise they are rubbish, should be  criticised and abused, and the team as a whole booed off if the result isn't right.

There seems no leeway given for human error, that as long someone tries their best we get behind them as fans of the  club. Well, people are often assumed  today  to be not doing their best if they fail in some way. But look at when you played sport , did you ever try hard  but things just didn't work out how you wanted in your performance, or you made stupid, unaccountable errors, and didn't know why?

But these are highly paid pros  people will say. Yes, true, but also fallible human beings.
Lance Armstrong was seen as infallible when he won a record seven Tours of France, but then  he was forced to admit it was all drug aided. No such thing as infallibility in sport,  as in any other walk of life.

If you're a supporter, for me, an old'un, I think you should get behind your team, even if they are looking all too humanly fallible, rather than immediately harshly criticising them

But people will accuse me of being soft - well,  that's just another way that social attitudes have changed for the worst in my opinion - that any human weakness is  to be  criticised and derided.

Chesh

I was sat in the lower JH stand (A block), and I could tell that the booing round me was directed at the officials - 3 observations though:

1) Don't people realise that the players will probably see it as directed at them if they are 2-0 down and struggling?

2) So many people giving the linesman abuse for not flagging when PNE scored - yet again though, proven to be a correct, and therefore a good, decision

3) It's little wonder we struggle more at home, with a lot of our fans very vocally anxious when we are playing out from the back. Slav likes them to do it, and they are making less and less errors. However, the abuse that some were giving Button on Saturday when he accidentally kicked it out was totally counter-productive and unnecessary.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Bill2

Quote from: PokerMatt on October 15, 2017, 07:13:58 PM
Quote from: Peabody on October 15, 2017, 07:09:38 PM
I could of misunderstood, but I thought the boos were directed at Preston and the referee.

I assumed this too. I think I remember another player going down 'injured' during the 6 minutes of time added, or just before, and assumed the boos were frustration for their antics. Not that I heard all that many boos.
I agree, thought it was aimed at PNE.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chesh on October 16, 2017, 01:42:39 PM
I was sat in the lower JH stand (A block), and I could tell that the booing round me was directed at the officials - 3 observations though:

1) Don't people realise that the players will probably see it as directed at them if they are 2-0 down and struggling?

2) So many people giving the linesman abuse for not flagging when PNE scored - yet again though, proven to be a correct, and therefore a good, decision

3) It's little wonder we struggle more at home, with a lot of our fans very vocally anxious when we are playing out from the back. Slav likes them to do it, and they are making less and less errors. However, the abuse that some were giving Button on Saturday when he accidentally kicked it out was totally counter-productive and unnecessary.
You make good points all round, and the home form may be suffering due to this.

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I don't think it affects the form as an idiot ranting and raving and showing they know nothing about football looks quite funny. I would be more frightened of what Slav was going to say than an idiot in the crowd

Woolly Mammoth

I am not sure the players understand very much what Jok says with his mumbling, so I cannot see him striking much fear into anyone. He makes Marlon Brando sound almost clear and concise.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2017, 02:51:16 AM
I am not sure the players understand very much what Jok says with his mumbling, so I cannot see him striking much fear into anyone. He makes Marlon Brando sound almost clear and concise.

You could say the same about Neil Warnock.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on October 17, 2017, 03:09:33 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2017, 02:51:16 AM

You could say the same about Neil Warnock.

Yes indeed, the difference is that Neil Warnocks face goes red as a Beetroot when he goes into one. 😡

Never forget your Roots.