watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steven Sessegnon

Started by cmg, October 16, 2017, 03:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Didn't see any update on the Club website, but Steven started for England u17 on Saturday in their final WC group game.
He wasn't started in the first 2 games and England had already qualified so he is not seen as first choice for the RB position.
England beat Iraq, who finished 2nd in the group 4-0. Steven played very well indeed, with impressive vision and passing, and had assists on 2 of the goals (arguably had one on the first, too).

England's last-16 game against Japan is tomorrow and will probably be on Eurosport TV.
Although he has not been first choice he is obviously pushing for selection.

Woolly Mammoth

Steven seems to be progressing very nicely after his nasty injury. Another great prospect we must ensure stays with us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Steven starts v Japan
ko 330
Eurosport

Twig

I seem to recall that in the past the club have expressed the view that Steven has at least as much potential as Ryan.  Pleased to see him getting recognition and very interested to follow his development.

gerrys

Quote from: Twig on October 18, 2017, 04:50:23 PM
I seem to recall that in the past the club have expressed the view that Steven has at least as much potential as Ryan.  Pleased to see him getting recognition and very interested to follow his development.
I seem to remember that he was considered the one with more potential until he was out with his injury.

Woolly Mammoth

I have high hopes for Steven Sessegnon if he can stay injury free. He could be and should be as big a prospect as his brother Ryan.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Hope to see the brothers in the same premier fulham team.

Abbotsbury White

If they did both play at the same time for the 1st team would they be the 1st brothers since the Conways?
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Twig

Quote from: Mo on October 20, 2017, 01:17:32 PM
If they did both play at the same time for the 1st team would they be the 1st brothers since the Conways?

I think so, yes.

Tabby

They've already played together in the cup this season.

gerrys

Quote from: Twig on October 20, 2017, 05:12:44 PM

I think so, yes.
What about Mike Pentecost, he played with his brother who I think was a twin?

Tabby

Steven looks to be starting in the final as well.

General

I'd love it if one day we fielded an entire fulham team of former fulham academy graduates who'd gone on to make a name for themselves and then come back to fulham for a swansong... Just imagine if you had Smalling, Roberts, Hyndman, Dembele, the Sessegnon's etc all play to a high premiership standard and come back and form a team together at Fulham where it all started. That'd be quite the tale.

Robertw

Steven Sessegnon played the full 90minutes for England U17s in their 4-1 victory over USA to reach the U17 World Cup Semi-final where they'll play Brazil or Germany

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Robertw on October 21, 2017, 06:34:51 PM
Steven Sessegnon played the full 90minutes for England U17s in their 4-1 victory over USA to reach the U17 World Cup Semi-final where they'll play Brazil or Germany

Thank you for a reason to cheer up on this bleak evening.
Keep going Steven.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

If we can tear ourselves away for a moment from all the hand wringing and breast beating over losing a football match, our Steven Sessegnon starts in u17 WC semi-final v Brazil.

On Eurosport.
Apparently also on BBC Freeview Red Button - ch 601?

Woolly Mammoth

England 1 0 up scorer Rhian Brewster

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

England 2 1 Brewster again.

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Brilliant run at speed by Sessegnon to set up the second goal which was hardly mentioned by the commentators.