more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Graham

Started by Chutney, October 17, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

What was the point in signing him?

Not bashing him as he hasn't even played but more bashing our transfer policy, it seems every year we end up with one or two like this, this seasons seem to be graham and Djalo, last year we had Pestos and Cyriac. Wasted money, but I suppose Djalo was cheap and Graham is only a loan.

Either way, could we not have targeted players our manager actually feels like he can use? Just seems like a waste of time/money and energy bringing in players that the manager doesn't want or need.

I suppose its the nature of the beast with the way our transfers work, but for me its silly to sign players the manager doesn't have a use for, especially in Graham's case where its in a position we have plenty of cover for.

C O Y W

Tabby

If Ayite, Mollo or Kebano get injured he'll be the bench option or on the pitch until christmas. Maybe the management weren't sure that Mollo would be able to fit in to the squad and got Graham just in case?

spoonffc

Injuries / African cup of nations?

Tabby

Barrett487

Quote from: spoonffc on October 17, 2017, 10:25:11 AM
Injuries / African cup of nations?

ACN not till next season, i think, so a loan for this season not affected

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on October 17, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

Not bashing him as he hasn't even played but more bashing our transfer policy, it seems every year we end up with one or two like this, this seasons seem to be graham and Djalo, last year we had Pestos and Cyriac. Wasted money, but I suppose Djalo was cheap and Graham is only a loan.

Either way, could we not have targeted players our manager actually feels like he can use? Just seems like a waste of time/money and energy bringing in players that the manager doesn't want or need.

I suppose its the nature of the beast with the way our transfers work, but for me its silly to sign players the manager doesn't have a use for, especially in Graham's case where its in a position we have plenty of cover for.
But all I kept reading was we need a squad, and hence Graham, Djalo etc are all part of that ready to play their part if neded. Just as Madl will be, Cisse alos. They cant all play.

Of course if a manager then starts making lots of changes people then say they want a settled side.

Odoi did himself and club a favor by playing well at CB when it was probably too early for Djalo to play.
We now have 5 players who can play at CB instead of four, which is the minimum number you want.

Graham now fits in as the 5/6/7 choice as a wide man. He will get time as the games come quickly, bat at the moment he has to wait.
Pestos was always a backup for the backup and in some ways and fact he got injured did not help his cause.

For the front 6 we have if all fit...

Fonte-Kamara-Ayite-Kebano-Mollo-Graham-Ojo-Piazon-Sess

9 players
1 whos playing mainly at LB
2 longterm injures
1 short term injury
leaving 3 on the field and 2 on bench. Looks about right to me.
Just the views of a long term fan

cmg

Graham has been in the matchday squad for 8 of the 12 league games we have so far played, getting on the pitch for 2 of them. He also played the entirety of our 2 EFL Cup games.
Given that, of a squad 23, only 11 can be on the pitch at any one time and that a matchday squad is limited to 18, I would say that there is absolutely zero evidence that he is a player "the manager doesn't want or need."

fluffyninja

My fault for not going to enough games but when I saw the rumour just before we signed him that Leicester had put in a bid for him I thought he was the player I was looking forward to seeing a bit of , didn't know we'd signed Mollo at the time.

I guess he played against Bristol Rovers in the Carabao cup but he can't be that great if Ojo was getting the odd game ahead of him.

Supermitch

Quote from: cmg on October 17, 2017, 11:29:37 AM
Graham has been in the matchday squad for 8 of the 12 league games we have so far played, getting on the pitch for 2 of them. He also played the entirety of our 2 EFL Cup games.
Given that, of a squad 23, only 11 can be on the pitch at any one time and that a matchday squad is limited to 18, I would say that there is absolutely zero evidence that he is a player "the manager doesn't want or need."

He didn't play in League Cup games.  Only appearance was as a sub at Burton.

cmg

Quote from: Supermitch on October 17, 2017, 12:24:58 PM
Quote from: cmg on October 17, 2017, 11:29:37 AM
...He also played the entirety of our 2 EFL Cup games.

He didn't play in League Cup games.  Only appearance was as a sub at Burton.

Sorry about that. False facts!
Actually he did play in two EFL Cup matches....but for Wolves!

YoungsBitter

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2017, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: Chutney on October 17, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

But all I kept reading was we need a squad, and hence Graham, Djalo etc are all part of that ready to play their part if neded. Just as Madl will be, Cisse alos. They cant all play.

Of course if a manager then starts making lots of changes people then say they want a settled side.

Odoi did himself and club a favor by playing well at CB when it was probably too early for Djalo to play.
We now have 5 players who can play at CB instead of four, which is the minimum number you want.

Graham now fits in as the 5/6/7 choice as a wide man. He will get time as the games come quickly, bat at the moment he has to wait.
Pestos was always a backup for the backup and in some ways and fact he got injured did not help his cause.

For the front 6 we have if all fit...

Fonte-Kamara-Ayite-Kebano-Mollo-Graham-Ojo-Piazon-Sess

9 players
1 whos playing mainly at LB
2 longterm injures
1 short term injury
leaving 3 on the field and 2 on bench. Looks about right to me.
Looks right to me too, and the Coach will make his choice based on performance in training. The established players like Kebano and Ayite know the system so they have some advantage over Mollo and Graham. Ojo, before he got injured benefited from play or pay deal in his loan arrangement it is rumored. So that automatically put Graham at a disadvantage, he got barely 10 minutes against Burton and looked poor, Mollo meanwhile has taken his chances to impress. Its always good to have competition among players and the fact he has made the bench and not been consigned to PL2 squad says Slavisa rates him....just not enough yet to get on...
I also think with Soares now fit we will see Sess move further forward so even more competition
Quark, strangeness and charm