watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship away support

Started by Samjack, October 19, 2017, 07:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samjack

This is quite interesting reading. Our away support is not bad - best of the London and South East teams. Fair play to those northern clubs at the top... those are impressive numbers going away each week.

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2017/10/18/football-league-attendances-blog-part-two/

Woolly Mammoth

In comparison we are not in a bad place. Better than expected.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Samjack

Away games are more fun in the championship than the premier... it became a bit boring going to the same grounds and knowing a defeat was an almost dead cert (Everton!) in the premier. We have a good chance of 3 points in every away game in the championship, it's cheaper, the towns are more interesting, there's still a couple of terraces. Wierdly, it seems our away support has built up a bit more since we got relegated.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

_Putney_

hovewhite

I prefer watching us away ,home games haven't the same vibe.

General

I wonder what actually contributes to these figures.. e.g. are more teams in the middle north of England and therefore easier to get to... is the south accessible and how accessible? Are train tickets from the north south cheaper than from the south to the north...?

Barrett487

hovewhite

Interesting this,acrington v coventry and more away fans than honers in a crowd of 3,400.
Great support.

dhowells21

Good share! Thanks a lot for posting.

Lincoln and Morecambe's attendances in League 2 are impressive (for opposite reasons)

MJG

here is a table with the Total and average distances for away fans in championship.
I have also added the avg fans at the 5 or 6 games from the list in the OP link. Now its does not take into account where those games were and i was trying to figure out a metric to add to what was in the tabel and added Fans per mile based on avg journey.

Just the views of a long term fan

mrmicawbers

Very interesting reading .Thanks for posting.Maybe we should attend Burton away games and put the ha ha's bottom.

Delboy

Attending away games you tend to see the same faces week in week out. The Fulham band of brothers. Keep it up girls and boys always fun. COYW

Dodgin

Delboy

Ahhh, Brollies. Takes me back to my Richmond days in the 70's. Damned fine times.

filham

After beating Arsenal at Vicarage Road on Saturday Watford expect to take a lot of fans to the Emirates, they are looking upon it as a local derby pointing out it is only about 16 miles as the Hornet flies.

walkley_owl

Quote from: MJG on October 20, 2017, 10:29:33 AM
here is a table with the Total and average distances for away fans in championship.
I have also added the avg fans at the 5 or 6 games from the list in the OP link. Now its does not take into account where those games were and i was trying to figure out a metric to add to what was in the tabel and added Fans per mile based on avg journey.

ffc73

Just wish people would go to their allocated seat. Had a group next to me of about a dozen standing in front of 6 seats. When the guy who had the ticket for the seat next to me arrived he got verbally abused for having the audacity to ask them to move to their correct seats