more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trash. Garbage. Wake up.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 21, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 21, 2017, 06:24:39 PM
The problem with these threads that happen straight after a defeat is they are full of posters who didn't see the game and just listened to Jim.

Jim commentates like a fan. He gets frustrated and I think unintentionally puts a negative spin when we lose. He also seems to hate the building from the back.
I couldn't go but have spoken individually to a couple of groups that went. They all said we played ok. I spoke to a Villa mate who said that's the best they have played all season.

What is clear is that we have a conundrum up front. Fonte and Kamara shows no sign of clicking.

Slavisa seems to escape any criticism. Whilst I don't feel the need to criticise and FFC player or coach, I feel that the onus is on Slavisa to really show how good a coach he is.

You make some good points, especially about Skavisa and his input.
However, we lost, and allowed them to play the best they have played all season. That's the players fault not the supporters.  The stats show we had two thirds possession, because we passed endlessly across the back, whilst they pressed our back four.
They had twice as many shots, how come.
So much for stats. They had leaders, we did not, they were bigger and stronger and that's no coincidence.
Yes Slavisa has to take responsibility also. But If Khans son, and Khans sons best mate are picking the players to sign, then no wonder we are where we are. 
As I have said, They had twice as many shots as us, why ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

One Martin Thomas

No point playing Cairney in next three games. Wait for after next int break. A semi-fit Cairney would not have changed this result nor Bolton, Bristol and Wolves. 6 from next 9 is ok considering the way we are playing

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 21, 2017, 06:36:22 PM
The problem with these threads that happen straight after a defeat is they are full of posters who didn't see the game and just listened to Jim.

Jim commentates like a fan. He gets frustrated and I think unintentionally puts a negative spin when we lose. He also seems to hate the building from the back.
I couldn't go but have spoken individually to a couple of groups that went. They all said we played ok. I spoke to a Villa mate who said that's the best they have played all season.

What is clear is that we have a conundrum up front. Fonte and Kamara shows no sign of clicking.

Slavisa seems to escape any criticism. Whilst I don't feel the need to criticise and FFC player or coach, I feel that the onus is on Slavisa to really show how good a coach he is.

You make some good points, especially about Skavisa and his input.
However, we lost, and allowed them to play the best they have played all season. That's the players fault not the supporters.  The stats show we had two thirds possession, because we passed endlessly across the back, whilst they pressed our back four.
They had twice as many shots, how come.
So much for stats. They had leaders, we did not, they were bigger and stronger and that's no coincidence.
Yes Slavisa has to take responsibility also. But If Khans son, and Khans sons best mate are picking the players to sign, then no wonder we are where we are. 
As I have said, They had twice as many shots as us, why ?

A year ago tomorrow, we went to Villa Park and had 66% possession and 0 shots on goal. I went to that game and it was up there with one of the worst games I have ever been to.

You ask why?

Villa are starting to click. I think it highly likely that Villa will finish higher than us this season. Player for player they are probably better than us and without question have a better strike force.

Woolly Mammoth

We need inspirational players, so far I don't see many.

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

But in this post is a very telling comment. The villa fans thought it was one of their best performances .. and apart from Wolves, they have been winning most of their games. By implication that means apart from Wolves they thought we were one of the best teams they've played, yet most of the FFF brigade seem to be slagging us off. Did Villa really not deserve any credit for the way they played? Is it entirely down to our "trash" play? And those who say Villa are crap, useless and we should beat them home and away every year, well, I'll put a pint on them being in the top six this year.

HillingdonFFC

Trash , garbage ?? Must've been watching a different game to some on here.
Fantastic delivery on a set piece to one of the most prolific central defenders in premier league history & a flukey second for the second. We played all the football, could we play better? absolutely, but to say we were trash is absolute bollox. Missed a sitter at 2-1 , score there & seing how Villa panicked for the last 15mins I reckon we go on & win that.
People talking as if we're going to some two bob club today, 31,000 people there watching the divisions form side, gutted, but we go again

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 21, 2017, 07:26:06 PM
Fantastic delivery on a set piece to one of the most prolific central defenders in premier league history & a flukey second for the second. We played all the football, could we play better? absolutely, but to say we were trash is absolute bollox. Missed a sitter at 2-1 , score there & seing how Villa panicked for the last 15mins I reckon we go on & win that.
People talking as if we're going to some two bob club today, 31,000 people there watching the divisions form side, gutted, but we go again

Are you talking about the same John Terry who has been crap all season,got ran ragged by Wolves forwards last week,cost them the game at Cardiff as too slow to clear the ball....Did we put pressure on him today like they did...No...Did our manager do his homework and watch their game against Wolves and see how he got goosed whole game...
Your right about one thing playing the football again.
But where does it get us?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 21, 2017, 07:39:06 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 21, 2017, 07:26:06 PM

Are you talking about the same John Terry who has been crap all season,got ran ragged by Wolves forwards last week,cost them the game at Cardiff as too slow to clear the ball....Did we put pressure on him today like they did...No...Did our manager do his homework and watch their game against Wolves and see how he got goosed whole game...
Your right about one thing playing the football again.
But where does it get us?

Sorry so Terry cant head a ball anymore?
Kamara tried , not fit & when have we played a pressing game?. Slag Terry off all you want, blokes a complete bellend, also happens to be one of the best English centre halves of the last 30 years. Villa fans I spoke to said hes looking ok after a shaky start

SuffolkWhite

0001.jpeg
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MikeW

Well I did see the game unlike some on here ...

We missed three open goals - no more than tap in's
We are too small and lightweight throughout the team
We cannot defend the back post
Fonte is not a Championship footballer by any stretch of the imagination.

We will end up lower mid table with performances like these

Oh, and Villa aren't much better either other than Snodgrass who we should have signed

Over and out
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

Mince ... BBC stats say we had over 65% of possession today.  The missing words are 'mostly sideways'.

Even at the death, when we must have had possession for 3 of the 4 mins did we attempt to get out wide or push into channels? (no point in the long ball, no one can head or reach it).  No, we played it prettily across the back, little triangles etc while Villa watched and held us at bay.

Fulham76

Quote from: MikeW on October 21, 2017, 08:39:32 PM
Mince ... BBC stats say we had over 65% of possession today.  The missing words are 'mostly sideways'.

Even at the death, when we must have had possession for 3 of the 4 mins did we attempt to get out wide or push into channels? (no point in the long ball, no one can head or reach it).  No, we played it prettily across the back, little triangles etc while Villa watched and held us at bay.

We've become just like Paul Bracewell's/Ray Wilkins Fulham. Lots of possession but all sideways & backwards.

All very ineffective.

colinwhite

come on give me a break. We tried to play our footboll and if Ayete had put his chance away we would all be happy with agood point away at Villa who have spent a hell of a lot of money on players and are a much bigger club than us.
Not our best performance perhaps but the negativity here is ridiculous to be honest!

MikeW

A lot of the negativity was on the field of play ....

colinwhite

Mike you seem to be suggesting that Fulham play boring footboll. Is that what you are suggesting?

Fulham76

Quote from: colinwhite on October 21, 2017, 09:31:53 PM
Mike you seem to be suggesting that Fulham play boring footboll. Is that what you are suggesting?

It has become a little boring & not particularly effective any more. Way too much sideways & backwards passing.

Although, if we continue to play with 0 or 1 striker there's little point in going forward too quickly, but that's a continuation of the poor recruitment story.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 21, 2017, 06:51:32 PM
No point playing Cairney in next three games. Wait for after next int break. A semi-fit Cairney would not have changed this result nor Bolton, Bristol and Wolves. 6 from next 9 is ok considering the way we are playing

I am fine in principle with not playing Cairney to get him fully fit..however it cannot be Norwood in his role, sorry, nice guy and all that but he was crap last week other than the penalty and today he either again gave the ball away or played it sideways and/or backwards. I echo the comment elsewhere that we are too small/light weight, how many balls in the middle of the park did Villa win today? Norwood slows us down in transition and does not give any forward option.
I am not sure its Cisse so maybe its a rejigged 3-5-2 with Soares/Sess and Fred as wingbacks and StefJo, KMac with Ayite or Mollo roaming behind Fonte and Kamara....but that means either Odoi or Madl comes into the back 3...
Quark, strangeness and charm

Woolly Mammoth

We haven't got the players currently to
Challenge for a top two spot.
Where are the Leaders ?
If we want any chance of a play off spot, we need to address the short fall in the January transfer window. Starting with a strong powerful tall centre back, and an orthodox striker that can head a ball, and score goals on a regular basis, but he needs to bully defences.
Those two are just for starters.
We need to start showing a lot more aggression and grit. We have too many of the same kind of players. We need more power and height to stand our ground and fight our corner.
Otherwise you can forget about promotion for the forcible future.

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

If Ayite and Fonte score from point blank, then there wouldn't even be this topic. Sorry, think we're trying to over-validate a theme that is far off base. We're a good side, but just like the Burton Albion match, we didn't finish our chances.

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on October 22, 2017, 02:29:56 AM
If Ayite and Fonte score from point blank, then there wouldn't even be this topic. Sorry, think we're trying to over-validate a theme that is far off base. We're a good side, but just like the Burton Albion match, we didn't finish our chances.

0001.jpeg

I object to the  OP headline, and find it offensive as a Fulham fan.

I just don't think it describes how the team played, and the players' commitment, even if they were found wanting in the  end.