watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big match against Wolves...

Started by Marinelloguthrie, October 21, 2017, 09:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marinelloguthrie

Personally not concerned about things even after the loss today..

This team and manager has proved before that we can go on a long run of wins however I am bit concerned about wolves pulling away so it's important that we get a result there.

davew

I am not so worried about Wolves, they are far better than we are!! It is all or most of the other teams above us that worry me and a few below us e.g Sheff Weds, our season will not be defined by 1 match, we have already messed up on quite a few so far this season and it is obvious (to me anyway) that we are not really likely to challenge for the play-offs! We over performed last season, all expectations exceeded and we fell at the 2nd last hurdle, this year we have been found out!! Well done to a lot of the teams who have done their homework and recognised that possession stat's don't win matches!! The KKK club (Khan/Khan/Kline) failed to help in taking the club forward in the close season, going to be a long and boring season!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC1987

Well.......based on the same realisations, the response was 'we beat the likes of Newcastle away to get to playoffs' so to keep with there logic, we can't beat Burton away and the likes of Reading/Norwich/Leeds/Preston/Cardiff/Wednesday/Boro at home we almost definitely need to beat them away and beat the likes of Wolves away right!? Don't get me wrong I don't mind a bit of good spirited optimist supporting but I hate the drivel being offered at the amount in the stay calm crew. We've been off par most this season and we're celebrating games we've drew when in reality to compete with top 2 we should be winning so.....let's face it we're all content to be sneaking into playoffs and content knowing we ain't near the top 2....not much progression in my view with a far more unsettled and inconsistent squad which sadly, I can't see the players massively over performing like last year with a back staff recruitment team picking at bones and not addressing or progressing on our teams need. It's a real shame as we'll likely be in worse shape next year etc losing some key performers. Sorry long rant but this season has been pathetic and people think celebrating draws, being 4 points off playoffs and 9 from automatic as acceptable. One will not be buying pencils from your pot I'm afraid.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MikeW

Agree Statto: Have seen little or nothing - well nothing really - that makes me think there is any improvement on last year.  Signings have been underwhelming in quality and performances.  Still a long way to go.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."