watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jim lost the plot today ...

Started by colinwhite, October 21, 2017, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

I am a big fan of gentleman Jim and think he is a great fulham man who I have alot of respect for . If your reading this Jim ,I have to say that there was alot of negativity in your commentary today which didnt reflect the game I was watching live ,but more the nervous frustrations we all were feeling.
The plan is to play the ball out from the back ,everyone knows that . Its not that teams have worked us out, Slavisa clearly doesnt care about that.His comments after the game were that we have to be even braver in our play.
I didnt think Villa dominated the first half . They maybe threatened more than us, but by believing we could keep playing we got ourselves back into it. In the second half Villa created very little,apart from their goal which was pretty lucky.
We deserved a point in my view.I was disappointed too but still think that our second half performance deserved more.They can think themselves fortunate to come away with 3 points.
The fulham tv service with commentary from Jim and Jamie makes my weekends, but today Jim you sounded like you had had a hard week !

hovewhite

Quote from: colinwhite on October 21, 2017, 09:17:25 PM
I am a big fan of gentleman Jim and think he is a great fulham man who I have alot of respect for . If your reading this Jim ,I have to say that there was alot of negativity in your commentary today which didnt reflect the game I was watching live ,but more the nervous frustrations we all were feeling.
The plan is to play the ball out from the back ,everyone knows that . Its not that teams have worked us out, Slavisa clearly doesnt care about that.His comments after the game were that we have to be even braver in our play.
I didnt think Villa dominated the first half . They maybe threatened more than us, but by believing we could keep playing we got ourselves back into it. In the second half Villa created very little,apart from their goal which was pretty lucky.
We deserved a point in my view.I was disappointed too but still think that our second half performance deserved more.They can think themselves fortunate to come away with 3 points.
The fulham tv service with commentary from Jim and Jamie makes my weekends, but today Jim you sounded like you had had a hard week !
Thankfully your not doom and gloom merchant,have watched us enough this season myself to know it hasnt really clicked for us yet this season ipswich apart.
However i am alarmed by our performances at the cottage which now is putting more pressure on our away performances.

colinwhite

agreed we should have had at least 6 more points on the board,maybe more from our home matches. On the other hand we have played alot of the decent sides in the division.

hovewhite

We should have beat boro,norwich, and 1 piont v sheff wed and beat cardiff in all those games we had more than enough chances and felt we were better than those sides even without TC.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: colinwhite on October 22, 2017, 08:42:05 AM
agreed we should have had at least 6 more points on the board,maybe more from our home matches. On the other hand we have played alot of the decent sides in the division.

What like Burton Albion ...lol
And Boro and Wednesday both in bottom half of table.

colinwhite

If you dont think Boro and wednesday are decent sides then we dont have alot to debate about (there are 33 games left)

colinwhite

Boro and wednesday are both decent sides and have lots of premiership experience ,with boro coming down and spending big in the summer and wednesday also making the play offs for at least the last 2 seasons off the top of my head. Clear?

Kent Cassandra

How have any of the replies answered the question asked?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

RaySmith

Jim was just anxious - he is a true Fulham fan.

It must be tough commentating on Fulham when results aren't going for us, and him and Jamie do a great job.

Woolly Mammoth

Jim is only human after all, and often speaks from the heart, he doesn't have to be impartial as far as I am aware, and why should he be,  that's the job of the referee and Lino's.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: colinwhite on October 21, 2017, 09:17:25 PM

I agree with the majority of your comments, but I fear that the poor first half performances we are putting in lately reflect across the whole match and we tend to did ourselves a hole (or at least fail to build a mountain) by half time and then look to get a point rather than three in the second.

Of course that is not reflected of every match, each one is different, but the last two have indicated we are slow off the blocks and that is when the oppos strike at us and makes it that little bit harder.

The next two matches should settle the side, but unless we get 6 points, there will be more questions raised over what is underpinning our failure to launch this season.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.