watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am sick of tbis "faith in Slav" rubbish

Started by Robbie, October 21, 2017, 09:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Any club seriously going for promotion in this league knows that you need a ROCK SOLID defence. That is the starting point. Base Camp.

Even Millwall can do that.

For example - Keeping Sess. on the pitch to build up his "value" is a total joke.

The goons running this club do not know this league and we are going nowhere!!!

(COYWs)

Fulham76

All us fans know what's needed & I guarantee SJ does too but if he has zero input in recruitment & isn't supported in the transfer windows, not a lot he can do about it.

colinwhite

Agree that conceding goals too many goals  is what has cost us so far thais season this season. if you think we can get a better  coach than slavisa I would like to know who that is !

davew

Quote from: Robbie on October 21, 2017, 09:48:39 PM
Any club seriously going for promotion in this league knows that you need a ROCK SOLID defence. That is the starting point. Base Camp.

For example - Keeping Sess. on the pitch to build up his "value" is a total joke.

(COYWs)
I haven't checked out our stat's yet, but haven't we conceded less goals per game this season than last season? Also haven't we scored less goals per game than we did last season? I will check it in the morning or just let somebody else do the stat's in the meantime, where is Kline when you need him?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

Quote from: colinwhite on October 21, 2017, 09:55:06 PM
Agree that conceding goals too many goals  is what has cost us so far thais season this season. if you think we can get a better  coach than slavisa I would like to know who that is !

Cant think of someone better whos available i would prefer to slav!

fcfulham55

With Weat Ham losing 3 naught last night. Perhaps they'll really come crawlin for him post Monday morning when bilic get's booted.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

YankeeJim

Every loss brings them out. The naysayers and whiners. :dead horse:[/size]
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 21, 2017, 11:09:57 PM

Equally every win brings out the over praising and cheering. We are always weak up front and poor at defending crosses as we have defenders that are not great against physical players. Not sure why these two areas were not improved. Tried to bring in a decent forward at the last minute but failed.

Anyway we have simply been poorer this season that we were were at the end of last season. As I have said every week. Better squad weaker team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2017, 11:19:25 PM
Anyway we have simply been poorer this season that we were were at the end of last season. As I have said every week. Better squad weaker team.
The fact that we have been playing nearly every game without our team Captain TC might have a little bit to do with that!
Get TC back for a full 90 mins and our whole performance changes....... to where we were at the back end of last season.
We are not a one man team, but without TC we are certainly a much poorer team.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JoelH5

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on October 21, 2017, 11:53:15 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2017, 11:19:25 PM
The fact that we have been playing nearly every game without our team Captain TC might have a little bit to do with that!
Get TC back for a full 90 mins and our whole performance changes....... to where we were at the back end of last season.
We are not a one man team, but without TC we are certainly a much poorer team.
COYW

So basically a one man team. If we don't go up this year he's gone and then we really are up poo creak
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Lighthouse

While Cairney is a big loss. I hate to say it but even a fit Cairney cannot paper over the obvious cracks we had last season and still have this season. You see to be a good side in the Championship you need a forward or two. We have Kamara. Fonte is just not a forward or the type of forward we need in this league. Despite the poor service from our midfield, we still need forwards who can finish.

We also need a better central defensive pairing. I know many think it is good. Certainly Kallas and Ream have played well at times. But they are not good enough for the more pressing physical forwards we see in the Championship. Bet they are great in training because they never see a physical forward.

I have also said we need a better keeper but Button has played better this season despite his odd distribution today.

Bill2

The best manager we have had since Tigana  and we moan about him. Yet he has not had the money others had and I do have doubts about our buying policy.  So yes I still believe and if we was to go who else.

General

Quote from: colinwhite on October 21, 2017, 09:55:06 PM

What crap... sorry but before this weekend we were sixth in league for goals scored and around the same in terms of goals conceded too. We're not doing badly in any regards... we just don't have as many goals as last season and as coherent a playing style.. whilst we've also had a lot more injuries to key players whereas last season we hardly had any..

If memory serves me correctly too we were before last game (and may still be) better off at this time this season than last season.

Objective perspective please.

General

Quote from: Bill2 on October 22, 2017, 10:10:05 AM
The best manager we have had since Tigana  and we moan about him. Yet he has not had the money others had and I do have doubts about our buying policy.  So yes I still believe and if we was to go who else.

He's definitely up there alongside tigana for style... I think it's pretty poor from a recruitment policy to have your manager come out and say don't sell this player, he's key for us (even Ian Holloway noted he knew how annoyed Slav was with sone being sold), then the management sell him..

Now I appreciate money is involved and transfers are a key way for clubs to stay above board... but Tony has since said we've loads of money for January as made lots in the summer which was excess... what's the point of money just sitting there for half a season..

And which other industry would have a recruitment policy where they cut off their own nose to spite their face.. it seems absurd if you want to grow any business and see it progress to get rid of your best personnel.

MJG

Quote from: Robbie on October 21, 2017, 09:48:39 PM

(COYWs)
so sack him is that the answer?
Just the views of a long term fan

Lighthouse

The only problem seems to be we keep having the same problems. Our manager keeps talking about intensity and being clinical in both areas. But then that is a running comment for us. Lack of the right players or coach not able to put over his coaching?

Probably a coach unable to put over his methods to the wrong type of players.

colinwhite