News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

would you take sone Aluko back given the chance?

Started by General, October 22, 2017, 09:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Reading are doing even worse than us.. he provides at least 3 to 4 opportunities a match and is severely missing this year.. would you take him back.. even considering the money we have based on how we're doing this season vs last?

Mince n Tatties

He hasn't done nothing for them...Have they won since he went there?

Jonaldiniho 88

I like Slav didn't want him to leave. Can't pretend I know that he would make things better but think he would be the best player to fill in for cairney. What was so important last season is that aluko and cairney could keep the ball under incredible pressure giving everyone around them time and space if found. There is no point crying over spilt milk though. The players we have just need to play to their maximum potential.

hovewhite

FulhamStu

The last thing we need is someone who can't kick a ball properly.  Aluko has strength, fast strong, but frankly is so wasteful in front of goal.  We need a goalscorer, someone who can lead the line, get on the end of things.  We have about 8 players who play like Aluko, don't need another one. 

Milo

Fulham76

Yes, I'd take him back. He was one of our most creative players last season, something we're desperately missing this season.

MrD1879

No I wouldn't creating chances is still not our problem - finishing them is and he is defiantly not the answer to that

fulhamben

He's miles better than anyone we signed in the summer so yes
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Milo

Quote from: Statto on October 22, 2017, 12:28:19 PM
No
Can't finish
Looks crap at Reading
Never would have motivated himself to play as well again this season
Self righteous precious little diva, like his sister
Much Rather have Mollo, Ojo and Kamara

Haha large parts of me agree with this.

Would say though that he did seem to be able to fashion chances out of nothing when things weren't going our way and placed in the Cairney position would've made a difference to our results.

MJG

This is the classic 'not in the team must be better than we have starting'  reaction.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, beggars can't be choosers, I would have him back, but it would have to be on my terms.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

He wanted to leave - we should forget him and move on.

We have good replacements. Even if we didn't , I don't think he will be coming back.
Move on.

Marcel_Gecov

If we had drawn against Villa we would not even be talking about this. If anything getting Soares up and running so we can push Sess forward is more important than worrying about Sone 'worst conversion rate' Aluko.

stokesy

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

NewYorkYank

Aluko's value came, not from his goals, but from his speed, strength, and workrate in the middle of the field, turning defense into offense.  I do not believe Fulham would have been pinned by Villa's press so effectively in the first half if Aluko were on the field.  I, for one, thought he was the team's second most important player last year, after Cairney.  He has certainly not been replaced.

hovewhite

Last season he was as important as TC in my mind and was a  great outlet when pressure was on
And we miss him.but he wanted to go that was his chioce.