watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only One Way To Go Up...Automatic

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 22, 2017, 12:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Keep reading all the time about we're only 3 points or this amount of points off of play offs...Excuse me but hasn't history told you something, Play offs and Fulham don't mix(remember last season)..I'd rather go up automatic though that seems a long way off at moment than go through another play off loss its all too depressing,and I think it affects some players as well,Reading and Wednesday not doing too good.
If we can't go up automatic, I'd rather miss out on the play offs,but everyone to their own this is just my opinion and way I feel...I'd rather see 3 automatic places myself...Coyw  049:gif

Kent Cassandra

I enjoyed the game yesterday, great atmosphere from our lot, lots of laughs and great support.
Enjoyed chatting with the Villa supporters in the pub after who were not happy with THEIR style of play.

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Mince n Tatties

jeremyfulham

Can't see you are getting abuse in any of the above comments .

MJG

We would all rather go up in an automatic place but if a playoff is the next best chance then any fan would want to take it.
Just the views of a long term fan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2017, 06:30:25 PM
We would all rather go up in an automatic place but if a playoff is the next best chance then any fan would want to take it.

That took some working out...
Another who can't read the op properly...
I would rather have 3 Automatic and do away with play offs....Get it

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 22, 2017, 06:36:46 PM

Well you dont want what I said do you? "If we can't go up automatic, I'd rather miss out on the play offs"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2017, 06:41:47 PM

Well you dont want what I said do you? "If we can't go up automatic, I'd rather miss out on the play offs"

I don't like the play offs,as I've said our record stinks in them situations.
But I've got to live with it because that is the way it is,and of course I'm not completely mad if we won them I'd be over the moon.
But I'd rather have 3 Automatic places as then the best 3 over the season go up.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on October 22, 2017, 07:36:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 22, 2017, 06:59:28 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2017, 06:41:47 PM

I don't like the play offs,as I've said our record stinks in them situations.
But I've got to live with it because that is the way it is,and of course I'm not completely mad if we won them I'd be over the moon.
But I'd rather have 3 Automatic places as then the best 3 over the season go up.

I understood the OP the same way as MJG, ie you'd rather finish 7th than 6th.
Exactly what I was saying.

Marcel_Gecov

"I've said our record stinks in them situations"

So in the last the last one games in play-off final we have lost one... not much of a trend. If we had won, we'd have a 100% success rate, this sentence makes no sense.

In answer to your question, I think playoffs are fine and add some drama to the end of a season and they don't reward a team for being 2nd best loser.

Woolly Mammoth

I would rather achieve a play off place than nothing at all. Even if we have scrambled over the line by the skin of our teeth.
Because it means we are still in the mix, and from then on anything can happen. It doesn't matter even if we are the worst team out of the last 4. Because there will not be a lot of difference between those teams apart from systems of play.
It's about how you handle a two legged affair, and if we reach Wembley it's all on the day, a one off.
Happy Days 😁👍⚽️🍺
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Just as an added point to this. In the pre season survey I did of fans (over 550 participants)  37% had us as a top 2 side and 49% as a playoff side.
Maybe those expecting top 2 are out of step with the overall majority who were not expecting automatic promotion and are/were realistic in the possible ways of getting up?