more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My View On The Aston Villa Match

Started by Russ Goldman, October 22, 2017, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Goldman

Hi Everyone.

I want to share my view on the match. I watched it live through FulhamFCTV, and this was a failure by the players and yes the coaches. If you win as a club, you lose as a club as well.

Steve Bruce set his team up to frustrate us, and not let us play. I think it is fair to say he got it right.

I thought the high pressing intimidated Fulham which took us out of our game. We played nervous defensively, and the players and the coaches need to discuss what they can do to offset this high press moving forward.
Going forward we had the same issue of not being clinical enough. The combination of the lack of goals being scored when we get the opportunities, and a team being opportunistic against us was on full display here.

However, this is one loss and Fulham have the talent and coaching to put this all together. I still believe we will see this all click, and for me it is just a matter of when and not if it happens.

So, this was a disappointing loss but not a devastating one because hopefully Fulham can learn from it.

I think you will see very positive results with the next two home matches and if you do, Fulham might finally start the push far up the table.

Snibbo

The worry is that we've been worse at home than away

colinwhite

Agree with most of that apart from the fact that we were so poor yesterday. Villa scored a goal from our poor defending on a set-piece (K Mac) and got lucky with their second . We created most of the chances and dominated the proceedings after they scored at the beginning of the 2nd Half. Of course this was a very disappointing result but to say as some have on various posts that we were poor (intimating that we should easily win against Villa ) is way wide of the mark.
Not agreat performance by us but we gave it everything.
I do agree we need to shake things up a bit and will be interesting to see what team starts against Bolton.Fonte and kamara together isnt clicking and i dont think Fonte (who i like ) contributed much yesterday.

The Old Count

It was pretty much the same against Preston and a number of other matches this season.