watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bolton

Started by SP, October 22, 2017, 04:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I don't follow other clubs too closely but after a poor start they seem to be picking up a few points.  My QPR friend described them as dreadful yesterday but presumably the wind & rain didn't help.

I think this will be a tight game in terms of the final score but the bookies are offering 5-1 on a Bolton win.  I'm hoping for a 20K+ crowd to generate some atmosphere, any thoughts on the match, formations or possible score?

rusty shackleford

We will probably beat them but make a whole chore of it as usual

BedsFFC

We do have a few advantages.

We know;

Their attackers and midfielders will push very high when Button has the ball

Their midfielders will generally push very high and tight on our midfielders

They will close down our defence and midfield and try and deny us any time

Their wide midfielders will have an eye on Buttons cross-field chip pass to either flank

They will pack the final 3rd denying us any space

When they gain possession in the final 3rd, they will bang the ball over the top on the wing depending if our fullback has pushed forward or failing that put it high and pressure Ream or Kalas.

Whatever else happens, you can be pretty sure of these

SuffolkWhite

What about something different? 3 5 2 anyone?

With 3 defenders at the back would that help with passing from the back especially if McD and Johan are dropping back to collect also?
                Button

Kallas, Reeeeeam, Soares

Fred,   Johan,     McD,        Sess
                Cairny/Norwood

Fonte     Ak/Kebano/Ayite

Subs
Kebano
Ayite
AK
Mollo
A Defender
Norwood

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

St Eve

I am going to the game and fully expect a comfortable 5-0 win

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 23, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

With 3 defenders at the back would that help with passing from the back especially if McD and Johan are dropping back to collect also?
                Button

Kallas, Reeeeeam, Soares

Cairny/Norwood

Subs
Kebano
Ayite
AK
Mollo
A Defender
Norwood

I dont see why we would do this but if we did - why wouldnt Odoi be in the squad at all?

filham

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 22, 2017, 05:16:23 PM
We do have a few advantages.

We know;

Their attackers and midfielders will push very high when Button has the ball

Their midfielders will generally push very high and tight on our midfielders

They will close down our defence and midfield and try and deny us any time

Their wide midfielders will have an eye on Buttons cross-field chip pass to either flank

They will pack the final 3rd denying us any space

When they gain possession in the final 3rd, they will bang the ball over the top on the wing depending if our fullback has pushed forward or failing that put it high and pressure Ream or Kalas.

Whatever else happens, you can be pretty sure of these
All teams we have seen at the Cottage this season have adopted those tactics, it is now a standard way of playing against us at the Cottage with almost guaranteed success.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 24, 2017, 09:03:41 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 23, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

Button

Kallas, Reeeeeam, Soares

Cairny/Norwood

Subs
Kebano
Ayite
AK
Mollo
A Defender
Norwood

I dont see why we would do this but if we did - why wouldnt Odoi be in the squad at all?

Yep forgot Odoi, well something needs to change tactically or the players improve as points are slipping away at home at the moment!
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

How can we start with Soares, agree we need to replace Sess at left back, but Soares has no game time to his credit. Surely he will have to get some playing time in as a late sub before starting.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We should win, but Bolton will not be the pushovers that they were a few games ago.
Their confidence has improved considerably.

Someone mentioned a 20,000 crowd. No chance!
My In-laws are from Bolton and I can tell you that their away support is poor and how could neutrals look it as being an attractive match to see?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: filham on October 24, 2017, 06:12:30 PM
How can we start with Soares, agree we need to replace Sess at left back, but Soares has no game time to his credit. Surely he will have to get some playing time in as a late sub before starting.

Yep fair enough Odoi it is! Point I'm making is try something different if passing from the back is to be the way.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SP

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 24, 2017, 06:42:35 PM

Someone mentioned a 20,000 crowd. No chance!
My In-laws are from Bolton and I can tell you that their away support is poor and how could neutrals look it as being an attractive match to see?

I was working on the basis Bolton would bring around 1,000 as we seem to be everyone's favourite away day.

Am hoping a few more Fulham will turn up as we're now in the season proper & there's always plenty of goals v Bolton.

filham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 24, 2017, 07:03:05 PM

Yep fair enough Odoi it is! Point I'm making is try something different if passing from the back is to be the way.
Odoi has earned a starting place and he will not let the team down.
Now what do we do with Sess. , he could just become the talent we need in attack.

MJG

Hes played U23 games and been training so he should be ready now to start.
Just the views of a long term fan

Robbie

I don't like these fixtures where we are nailing-on a win  ..... and Bolton are due some luck.
They are going to press high and hard and catch out our feeble back passing.

Bolton (as with every team in the league) are going to target Sess. The young fella needs to be pushed up the field.

SuffolkWhite

So if we do play 3 at the back would that be better? rather than Ream and Kallas and a midfielder dropping deep to get the ball from Button.

I'm not sure meself but worth a try?

"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

3 at the back i like feel its a bit more solid,but you have to have the right players for that system.do you all feel we have? I think in odoui kalas and reeem we have.
On sess believe hes coming along nicely,nowhere near the finished article whilst playing in an unforgiving league.So well done to the kid.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Travelling around the grounds in the 70s the Bolton graffiti that you saw most often was "Matt of Lever End".

I wonder if he's still around?

Strange how you remember these things!

BedsFFC

My one hope is this is not another game that the opposition are allowed to take the initiative from the off and put us on the back foot for large parts of the game. It would be nice to go back to scaring teams rather than the other way around.

We've got the type of players that should be doing this