watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Women's Football

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, November 13, 2017, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Genuine question after watching The Women's Football Show, that most major Clubs, are now starting to invest in Women's football again.

Most surprisingly Brighton, who, now have England's old coach in charge, Hope Powell, and their was an interview with the Club owners, who said they will be putting in a 7 figure investment.

Currently in the league below, but, looks like they'll have a successful application accepted for the WSL next season.

Brighton's attitude being that they have a multicultural, diverse town, with 50% men, 50% women, and its important to support both.

I'm not sure if FFC still have a women's team, although ironic, I remember them being called, Friends of Fulham?

They have to get the Men's football right first, but do you think this is something the Kahn may start to invest in?

Southdowns White

My son who plays u12s football played their women's u12s 2 weeks ago, the standard even at that age is better than any other woman's football I have seen, they regularly beat all boy teams in their league. They have paid coaches who know how to train and bring out the best from the girls natural footballing talent, most of you would be impressed on how the girls understood the game, stayed calm and competed physically but fairly.  We were lucky to get a 0-0 draw, but the game was probably the most entertaining for all the right reasons that i have seen this season.

Lighthouse

Fulham under Big Al invested heavily in Womens Football and we had one of the best teams around. Saw several games live and enjoyed them. But sadly I guess we invested too early and the game still wasn't treated well by those in charge. Then it all ended as Al decided to start saving the dosh. Now we are, I think, training kids at a lower level.

Womens football is a growing sport and was doing very well until the FA decided to switch it back to a winter sport. I am doubtful it will continue to build a fan base when it is competing with so many other sports.

As for our owner investing money. He may well do but will end up employing some odd out of touch person and it will be left in ruins. I very much doubt he has any idea, or those around him, have any idea about these things.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

Don't be daft, unfortunately the Football Manager computer game doesn't cover the women's game, so there's not enough stats available.

On a serious note, it seems we aren't doing it the Al Fayed/ Man City route and simply throwing money at it. They're doing it through the foundation and through local communities. The website has details and contacts for any women/ girls looking to get involved. Maybe the more interest they get to develop this, the more money the bigwigs will put in. The ladies use Motspur to train and play so they have access to first class facilities .
Spread the word

http://www.fulhamfc.com/fulham-fc-foundation/football-and-sport/fulham-ladies